Hacking DIOS-MIOS released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious to know what games anybody has gotten working. I've tried skies of arcadia and starfox assault, and both just stayed at a black screen. It was the U version of assault, if that makes a difference (Crediar uses E right?). I'm just wondering how everyone else is faring in their attempts.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this require a specific version of sneek? for example can i use the sneek installer to make the armboot.bin...for some reason i think you need the latest sneek armboot.bin, which is sadly not available on the google code page?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VashTS said:
fixed: remove the msvcXXX.dll from the directory and run. make sure you have the c++ package tj mentions.

once the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package was installed,

i deleted msvcp100.dll and that was my problem now MIOSInject-v0.1-cred runs.

thank you VashTS and tj_cool
wink.gif

-=-=-=-

now i just need to figure out why :

even though i used showmii wads to update my mios_v9 to mios_v10,

i havent got the 0000000c.app to delete from the title folder from my nand

'title -> 00000001 -> 00000101 -> content -> 0000000c.app'

i only have 0000000a.app , 00000009.app , title.tmd ,

i wonder if i just add the MIOSInject-v0.1-cred output in said folder named as 0000000c.app ?
-=-=-EDIT-=-=-

sorted .. seems showmiiwads didnt update mios v9 to v10, but direct pasting of decrypted nusd files did the trick

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i the only one who gets the gc backup launcher when trying to use sneek + di to load a gamecube game (minus dios mios of course)? just curious. i cannot get this to load for nothing. i got the precompiled version from another wii site.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
1. Excellent news!

2. Sound and mem access problems sounds bad...

3. My respect for Crediar, and those programmers who will suffer while fixing DIOS MIOS..

Which means something like "OH MY GOD" in spanish.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
am i the only one who gets the gc backup launcher when trying to use sneek + di to load a gamecube game (minus dios mios of course)? just curious. i cannot get this to load for nothing. i got the precompiled version from another wii site.
That probably means your NAND backup has a custom MIOS installed. You should probably delete that and install a valid MIOSv10 in its place.

75UR15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Additional note on the visual c++ pack, I had downloaded some .dll files before installing it while I was trying to fix this problem last night, After deleting them the "repairing" the installation, it is now compiling for me as well (also deleted all of the .dll files I downloaded myself that were not in system32). Thanks to those who listed it as a solution. As for my other problem, using the commands to get the source, the answers for complete newbs is here
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ho...ling-the-source
sliksvn
devkitProUpdater
Latest build of Python
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
I know I should have had that info from my sneek build but xflak took care of that for me, thanks to him as well
smile.gif

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tried DIOS-MIOS with the GameCube version of Twilight Princess, and all that I get is a black screen. I am using revision nine of DIOS-MIOS, and revision 140 of UNEEK+DI. I followed the instructions on this guide to compile DIOS-MIOS. The GameCube version of Twilight Princess shows up in the list of games, and the light on my USB drive blinks once when I select it (when I select a Wii game, it usually blinks more than once), once when I try to run the game from the Disc Channel, and then just hangs on a black screen.

I used UNEEK+DI (revision 133, I believe) to dump the GameCube version of Twilight Princess, and then used the version of DiscEX listed on the DIOS-MIOS Google page to attempt to convert it to the proper format. When it finished, I got the following files...

game.iso (this file is the same size as the file that I dumped with UNEEK+DI)
sys/apploader.img
sys/bi2.bin
sys/boot.bin

Does that look correct? I don't recall any "ISO" files being made when I would extract Wii games, so I'm not entirely sure if I did it correctly. When extracting the image with DiscEX, I used the instructions from the following page...

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ho...older-structure

Also, for what it's worth, I can load Wii games on revision 140 of UNEEK+DI.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
People you should read what others already said.

sorgelig said:
Users of DIOS-MIOS should understand that GC USB loading is totally different from Wii USB loading. Wii games are using IOS calls to access DVD. So DVD emulators such as cIOS or SNEEK can easily "catch" all IOS calls and replace them by whatever they want. Wii game simple doesn't know that it uses USB instead of DVD. With correct IOS emulation, you don't need to touch any single byte of game - this is very important thing!
GC games access DVD by writing bytes directly into DVD controller. Wii/GC architecture even doesn't provide any useful way to trap of memory access for hardware registers. It means, there is no way to intercept DVD access for emulation. What this dios-mios doing is heavily patching. Special loader tries to find all places in dol accessing DVD and injects commands to call dios-mios' DVD functions instead. I'm not sure why it also patches audio and mem-cards access - i didn't study code (and actually don't want with such hacky and bugy way), but it doesn't matter here. So, loader expects that all games have been compiled with the same SDK (or at least with SDK where DVD code is exactly the same) and the same compiler. Otherwise patcher will simply miss DVD function and game won't work.
As u can see, GC USB loading is completely different from Wii. It requires huge patching of game and thus have to be very complicated and understand all differences in games. Many games will require special patches and somebody has to disassemble all problematic games to find correct way to patch.

In short, if somebody is waiting for a stable dios-mios in the near future then it's better don't keep hope. It won't happen soon. This is the same dead-end approaching like it was with cIOS where everybody was waiting and waiting for IOS reloading bug and it wasn't fully fixed. And at the same time there was another way - SNEEK which had no such bug originally.
May be there is another way to emulate DVD in GC mode - i don't know yet.

Remember Skyfox proof-of-concept video? Actually, nothining has been changed from that time. We still have the same (well, with some corrections) code as on that POC video.

People, who bought WODE (including me) didn't spent money in-vain. It's still the best way to load GC from USB. So far, i have no problems with any GC game loaded by WODE.

P.S.: I hope, PS3 will be hacked more deep soon and we will get normal Wii and GC emulation there
wink.gif

I didn't explore Cell CPU (used in PS3) well, but so far it uses PowerPC commands. If it really so, then it means PS3 will need to emulate only Wii/GC hardware, not PPC CPU itself.

That's it.

ADD: If you get games working, you should post it here: http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios/wiki/Ga...mpatibilityList

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know if having 4.2 nand vs 4.3 nand makes any difference for dios mios? keep black screening on every gc game i try on 4.2..

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok then must have messed something up elsewhere.. because games like Mario Sunshine give black screen when the list show it will crash on video.. and same for Zelda ww..

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone working on coding this?

Looked at the code and saw room for improvements?

Are any of the old devs around still?
If not have GBAtempers contacted them?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
pro2oman said:
ok then must have messed something up elsewhere.. because games like Mario Sunshine give black screen when the list show it will crash on video.. and same for Zelda ww..
It's strange, according to the compatibility list, Extreme G 3 should work, but I get a black screen on this one. I am using SNEEK+DI.
@anyone who get at least a game to boot: What settings in the SNEED-DI menu did you use and did u use

SNEEK
SNEEK DI
UNEEK or
UNEEK DI

?

pro2oman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ya i understand that the compatibility is low, I wanted to see if i could add to the list that there was by testing the games i have, but trying the games that are listed was "somewhat" working gave me nothing so was trying to find where i went wrong before continuing.

anyways I had the same setup, sneek+di, nand 4.2 , i believe default settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill