Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Cantenna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-No need to compile DM anymore those days are over, they're inferior for the most part compared to what we have now!
-using a mem is a good thing and no the controller has nothing to do with it but it's better to use a memory card for compatibility.
-I really don't know what your issue maybe, I never encountered it myself but I hope someone with better knowledge can help you, anyway don't overstress yourself and don't worry you'll get it working sooner or later!

Thanks. I'll keep pressing on! LOL!

Devolution is working perfectly for me. Just Dios Mios giving me a headache. But Dios Mios has more graphix options. :)

Anyways, have bought some pretty sweet gc titles because of this release. I've ordered Sonic Gems (want Sonic R) and Wave Race & F-Zero. Hope I don't run into any problems with devolution. Appear to check out in compatibility list. So far Sonic Heroes works perfectly with Devolution.
Damn. Need Zelda series next i.e wind walker. Getting expensive. F-Zero aint cheep now a days! Great game though.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
have bought some pretty sweet gc titles because of this release. I've ordered Sonic Gems (want Sonic R)
I too use Devolution for Sonic Gems Collection, this game has issues with DM(L) especially if you wanna play Sonic R, Sonic CD or Sonic The Fighters, in order to do so you'll need a disc in the drive anyway or else you'll be stuck with a black screen, older versions of DM(L) allowed for a cheat way to get Sonic The Fighters and Sonic R to work without a disc if you run the inside-the-disc dol files instead but Sonic CD never worked in DM(L) without a disc in the drive!

In case you decide to stick with Devolution I think it's "for the most part" more powerful than DM(L), it's faster (much faster) and has better compatibility (not that the compatibility in DM(L) is bad) but the problems with Devolution are:

-You need a clean 1:1 rip of the game, i.e. you cannot compress small games like Luigi's Mansion to save space
-You need the original game disc for verification
-You cannot use cheat codes with it
-Lack of Padhook
-You can easily remove the disc check by accident of a game, wither by updating Devo or by deleting the apps folder from your USB, meaning you will need to re-configure the game discs all over again.

On the plus side the benefits of Devolution that DM(L) doesn't have are:
-Audio Streaming
-Better compatibility for games and NMM
-MUCH faster loading times
-Loading games from either SD and USB
-Frame patch for games that suffer from bad frame rate

Yet to be done:
-Soon to be added an option to support the Wii remote and classic controller (DM will never do this)
-Better chance of carrying over to the Wii U

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I too use Devolution for Sonic Gems Collection, this game has issues with DM(L) especially if you wanna play Sonic R, Sonic CD or Sonic The Fighters, in order to do so you'll need a disc in the drive anyway or else you'll be stuck with a black screen, older versions of DM(L) allowed for a cheat way to get Sonic The Fighters and Sonic R to work without a disc if you run the inside-the-disc dol files instead but Sonic CD never worked in DM(L) without a disc in the drive!
It's not exactly a problem, Sonic Gems collection works fine, so it's not a compatibility issue. That game just doesn't support "no disc" as u said ;)

AFAIK there are no plans to add "no disc" support to that game, but hey you never know.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not exactly a problem, Sonic Gems collection works fine, so it's not a compatibility issue. That game just doesn't support "no disc" as u said ;)

AFAIK there are no plans to add "no disc" support to that game, but hey you never know.
True that but it's still a reason for me to switch to Devolution for that game since I hate to wear off the laser on my Wii which is why I don't keep a disc in the drive, I'd love an update to make the two games in my library that still ask for a disc "Sonic Gems Collection + Spider-Man The Movie" to not need a disc anymore but you can't win them all, can you? :ha:

P.S. I hate how on PS3 you still need a disc in the drive to run any PS3 game or else you wear off the console board instead!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
U can't win 'em all, boy ain't that the truth lol, especially when it comes to bitchy ass girlfriends, I swear i'm ready to drop another one on the curb if she keeps yapping her gums off... Sigh.

P.S. I hate how on PS3 you still need a disc in the drive to run any PS3 game or else you wear off the console board instead!
Anyway that sux to hear about the PS3. I bought a PS3 about a month ago I just haven't had time to get into it but that's next in line to get modded and raped lol. Don't really know where to start I think I'm on OFW 3.6 so I think I need to get a E3 flasher or something like that. Anyway that's a convo for another place, but I'm excited about it.

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Cantenna - I'm in a similar position to you too. I've been running between the upstairs wii and the downstairs one for days now.
I ran syscheck on the non-working wii, it recommended 4 updates, so I downloaded the wads and applied them. Then I "downgraded" to RVL-bc-v5. After that, I ran BC-NUS-v6.wad and DIOSMIOS_2.9.wad. I also configured the settings in each gamecube game so that the video was forced to run as the game's setting rather than the wii setting. Finally, I put a normal wii disk in the disk drive. The gamecubegames boot now, but not always, I copied the test images to a memory stick, which works too. The video setting seems to be crucial. My plan is to go to BC-v6 again when I have the energy over the next few days.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
U can't win 'em all, boy ain't that the truth lol, especially when it comes to bitchy ass girlfriends, I swear i'm ready to drop another one on the curb if she keeps yapping her gums off... Sigh.

Anyway that sux to hear about the PS3. I bought a PS3 about a month ago I just haven't had time to get into it but that's next in line to get modded and raped lol. Don't really know where to start I think I'm on OFW 3.6 so I think I need to get a E3 flasher or something like that. Anyway that's a convo for another place, but I'm excited about it.

Having girl issues? I hate to be sexiest but let me tell you it's better to trust Satan than to trust a girl these days, they cheat on you in a blink.

Congratulations man, I wish I can help you but I know nothing about modding a PS3 I had mine softmodded at the store "same with the PSP" but once it's modded I can help you get what you need ;)

Edit: About the issue both temps and Cantenna I can't help but think the problem is with the settings used for running DM not the game rips or the wads installed, try disabling any patches for these games and try running with DML Booter instead.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmmm, can I ask something really dumb? Why can't I do a Ground Jump on Super Mario Sunshine? The L button seems to not respond at all playing it. It even can't center the camera after pressed...
I played Zelda Four Swords to test the button and it worked fine. I'm using NMM and the last Dios Mio release...

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, can I ask something really dumb? Why can't I do a Ground Jump on Super Mario Sunshine? The L button seems to not respond at all playing it. It even can't center the camera after pressed...
I played Zelda Four Swords to test the button and it worked fine. I'm using NMM and the last Dios Mio release...

You're controller is probably broken. I know that seems like the obvious answer, and that's because it is.

A bit of good news-- Crediar said he's still trying to get audio streaming going.
cede.png

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
You're controller is probably broken. I know that seems like the obvious answer, and that's because it is.

A bit of good news-- Crediar said he's still trying to get audio streaming going.

Thanks for replying!

But I got it working again. It seems that I was pushing the L button the wrong way. Go figure...

But now everything is fine!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not all games need a disc in the drive but, what do you mean by "wear off the console board"?
It's probably a bad translation from my part, over here I was told when I got my PS3 modded at the store (yeah I didn't wanna do it myself and risk my PS3 so I just paid for it to get modded, they do that stuff here) the guy gave me a second hand PS3 disc and told me if I boot the games from HDD (internal/external) without a disc in the drive the board will die fast so in order to increase the life for my console I need to always have a disc in the drive.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Off topic:

It's probably a bad translation from my part, over here I was told when I got my PS3 modded at the store (yeah I didn't wanna do it myself and risk my PS3 so I just paid for it to get modded, they do that stuff here) the guy gave me a second hand PS3 disc and told me if I boot the games from HDD (internal/external) without a disc in the drive the board will die fast so in order to increase the life for my console I need to always have a disc in the drive.

That is misinformation.

To be fair not all games run discless even with latest mM/IRIS manager (unless you use dummy BD on REX/DEX FW).

Discless saves the laser, and having a disc in the drive increases compatibility, but it doesn't destroy the "board" if you don't.

On topic:

Good to hear Crediar is still working hard :)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Off topic:

That is misinformation.

To be fair not all games run discless even with latest mM/IRIS manager (unless you use dummy BD on REX/DEX FW).

Discless saves the laser, and having a disc in the drive increases compatibility, but it doesn't destroy the "board" if you don't.

On topic:

Good to hear Crediar is still working hard :)
Oh I had a feeling the guy told me misinformation, people here are really behind when it comes to modding and they always give wrong information, that's why I decided to hack my Wii by myself step by step and in a short time I had by far the best modded Wii in the entire country, so are you saying I can play discless? I use CWF 4.XX btw and IRIS MANAGER!

Yeah Crediar is still on the job, I asked him last night and he confirmed that he's working on audio streaming!

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here