Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Devolution works perfectly for me. DM loads games but no gc controller. Any thoughts at all from the community?

I heard to fix it i need to load via disc channel my retail gamecube game and make a popping noise with my mouth, butit doesn't work? Game still loads, no controller support? Argh!!
Perhaps the pitch of the popping sounds you're making is slightly off. Try pressing your lips firmly together to reach full potential. Remember, a little cupping action can go a long way.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear 2.10 is released and Crediar is working hard on getting audio streaming to work. Thanks again Crediar :)
Even if Crediar doesn't fix audio streaming it won't discredit any of the amazing work he's done, but I wouldn't put anything past this guy. It's probably just a matter of whether or not he has the time and patience for DM's most stubborn issue.

Reactions: d.d.d. and Rydian

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if Crediar doesn't fix audio streaming it won't discredit any of the amazing work he's done, but I wouldn't put anything past this guy. It's probably just a matter of whether or not he has the time and patience for DM's most stubborn issue.

Oh I know it wont discredit him, and honestly it doesn't matter for me if he can't fix it, theres only 3 games I like that has it and my friend already have the games so I can use devolution. I'm just thankful for all that hes done with DM.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know it wont discredit him, and honestly it doesn't matter for me if he can't fix it, theres only 3 games I like that has it and my friend already have the games so I can use devolution. I'm just thankful for all that hes done with DM.

He's a genius, that is all.

Reactions: MassiveRican

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only problem I have is an audio loss issue.
RE0 is starting, you can play till the first appearance of Billy.
But during Billys dialog the voice and the sound effects becomes mute.

I didn't find any way to fix this at the moment.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think that game uses audio streaming, something currently being tested and worked on, but will be fixed eventually :P

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Billy, the fella on the train? I didn't have any trouble there-- maybe you have a bad rip?

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No I ripped the original game and I tried to rip the game again.
Both versions (new and old rip) are showing this issue.

Maybe only PAL games are affected.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I ripped the original game and I tried to rip the game again.
Both versions (new and old rip) are showing this issue.

Maybe only PAL games are affected.
Could Be. What are the MD5's of your rips, and are they raw iso's?

Redump says these are the MD5s for the pal discs.
5ea73a9328c549c74c4feaf68abae7bc --- Disc 1
9d0c9be6e329768b1092d5fb0e7358e4 --- Disc 2

I'm running NTSC.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot! there are often update these weeks! it's great! I would like to know if microphone is working when we play with retail disc and not trough usb or sd?
From DIOS MIOS SVN, look under what DIOS MIOS doesn't do yet.

@Cantenna do you have anything plugged in memory card slot b?

If anyone has trouble d/loading from UL try clearing your browsers cache, also not too far back in the thread there was a DNS fix posted by Actar for users from other countries that were blocked.

Cantenna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply MassiveRican. No, nothing plugged into mem card slot A or B.

I have recently updated to d2x v10 beta.

I should add my game cube controllers are wave bird and i did the tutorial a few years ago to internalize the wavebird receivers.

So i have soldiered two receivers for 1st and 2nd gc controllers and I did soldier to game cube controller port 1 and 2. Controllers work great in homebrew and devolution. I install bc v 6 and mios 10 before dios mios. I have recently tried instaling dios mios v10 real nand wad. Dios mios just seems to be missing the drivers for my controllers. Does wavebir controllers use different drivers? I have tried everything. I chave instaled with wadmanager 1.7 via 236 and 249. If i remove dios mios my gc games work great via disc channel and devolution plays my backups perfectly. All ntsc retail games startfox, sonic heros, legend of zelda wind walker. Ive never had so much difficulties like this with other projects before. I have bootmii installed as boot 2 and priiloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.