Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I too can confirm that DM seems to have compatibility issues with HDs that autosleep. I have a Transcend StoreJet that autosleeps after 10 minutes and for which AFAIK the autosleep can't be disabled--if it can, it might be a per-initialize thing. If I play a game, like say Super Mario Sunshine, the game works fine normally, including saves--this is without nodisc or nmm, btw. But if I'm in an area for a long enough time (say, over 10 minutes), then trying to transition to another area causes problems. Specifically, the game won't be able to detect the memory card (if it's trying to save at that point), the game will give the generic "there was an error" message just like if there were a disc read error, and the HD will spin up. I presume this is an issue in all games, although it probably is a lot less apparent in games that are frequently loading new areas. :/
I have a similar problem too. As soon as I get a Shine, the game gives me an error message and I cannot save. I use a WD passport. Is this something that can be rectified?

This is pretty old but could it be the solution? http://gbatemp.net/t...t-spindown-fix/
yup me 2 i cant disable the auto sleep on my Hitachi hdd either... it sorta kills DM at the current moment

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing is it will not let me uninstall a DM wad. It always give a -1017 error
I have the same problem that [member='icebrg5'] always give me the same error when i try to delete.
Try changing which IOS you use to delete it. 236 installs just fine but it won't install it for me. I use 249 for that to work (for me that's d2x v9 beta49 base 56)

Thanks for the info and i did indeed use 236 to install the wads. Next update the comes out for DM and i update to it i will use cios 249 to uninstall the current DM before installing the new one.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having this problem with USB Loader GX? My Wii is hooked up via component cables (480p). Whenever I launch a GameCube game with USB Loader GX (latest revision, 1193), it never changes video modes and stays in 480p, as if it is forcing 480p regardless. The "Video Mode" setting is set to Disc Default. This would be fine with me, except it seems to add black borders around games where I know they shouldn't be (Super Mario Strikers even cuts off the bottom of the screen a bit). If I boot the games up through DIOS-MIOS Booter, it works perfectly (changing to 480i and letting me select to enable progressive mode in games that have it).

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having this problem with USB Loader GX? My Wii is hooked up via component cables (480p). Whenever I launch a GameCube game with USB Loader GX (latest revision, 1193), it never changes video modes and stays in 480p, as if it is forcing 480p regardless. The "Video Mode" setting is set to Disc Default. This would be fine with me, except it seems to add black borders around games where I know they shouldn't be (Super Mario Strikers even cuts off the bottom of the screen a bit). If I boot the games up through DIOS-MIOS Booter, it works perfectly (changing to 480i and letting me select to enable progressive mode in games that have it).

That's because they use DML_VID_NONE (http://code.google.com/searchframe#H49Bw5A45bw/trunk/source/usbloader/GameBooter.cpp&q=DML_VID_NONE%20package:usbloader-gui%5C.googlecode%5C.com&l=177) without actually knowing how DML_VID_NONE works.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
few more games done and tested

Rouge Leader- black screened on me no matter what option

Mario Sunshine-works with no disc and NMM patches

Smash Bros Melee-works, NMM patch seems to lock up during to make initial save

Wario Ware Inc-works with no disc and NMM

Wario World- runs fine with no disc, NMM doesnt though

Wave Race Blue Storm-runs with no disc, NMM seems to trigger off a never ending session of the game looking for a memory card, no music due to being a streaming audio game

Paper Mario - Works with no disc and NMM

Skies of Arcadia Legends-Works fine with no disc, NMM freezes game when saving

Star Fox Assault-Works with no disc and NMM

Resident Evil 2-works with no disc, crashes while saving using NMM

Resident Evil 3- same as 2, works fine with no disc but NMM crashes upon saving

Rebel Strike - no disc works, NNM doesnt

Mario Kart Double Dash - works but requires disc, didnt test with nmm

Mario Party 4 - works with no disc, doesnt support NMM

Mario Party 5 - same as 4

and now after all that, i will update the wiki and try out some games i have compressed, will report if any break

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im kinda confused when it has to do with clusters. Is the bigger the faster? like how everyone wants dios mios to support 64k clusters but its only supports 32 k? Is that why FST games run faster becuase of 64k code?

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that was pretty fast, right turns out if Mario Golf is compressed, it doesn't like to work

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help Needed: Currently have wiiflow r506 installed and I installed DM 2.0.wad.. Everytime I go to load a game via wiiflow such as SSBM, LoZ: WW, or even Luigi's Mansion, it either stays on a black screen or it shuts off my Wii. Can someone plz point me to the right direction of what I need to do or missing steps?? Thanks..

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help Needed: Currently have wiiflow r506 installed and I installed DM 2.0.wad.. Everytime I go to load a game via wiiflow such as SSBM, LoZ: WW, or even Luigi's Mansion, it either stays on a black screen or it shuts off my Wii. Can someone plz point me to the right direction of what I need to do or missing steps?? Thanks..

read the FAQ's from DM google page should help you out .

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have looked at it so far and all seems good. Only thing I can think of is my Hdd isn't compatable.. I have a toshiba 1Tb USB 3.0. Is there anyway to see if that's the case??

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have formatted it to the right cluster size? if so i would assume that your hdd isnt compatible

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I have looked at it so far and all seems good. Only thing I can think of is my Hdd isn't compatable.. I have a toshiba 1Tb USB 3.0. Is there anyway to see if that's the case??

I'm using a toshiba 1tb usb 3.0 with dm 2.0 3c and also dm booter and cfg v70mod36 and everything is working fine for me.

This is the drive i am using

http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-Canvio-Basics-1TB-Portable-Hard-Drive-USB-30/product-nr_399940

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have formatted it to the right cluster size? if so i would assume that your hdd isnt compatible
Yea. I formatted it to a 32kb cluster. I also have it set to progressive.. so everytime I start it up, I get my Component1 box in upper right corner, but Wii stays on. :(
Edit: I just noticed that the wiimote turns off and can't turn back on either..

@icebrg5: that looks like mine too except my has the squares design on the front

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea. I formatted it to a 32kb cluster. I also have it set to progressive.. so everytime I start it up, I get my Component1 box in upper right corner, but Wii stays on. :(
Edit: I just noticed that the wiimote turns off and can't turn back on either..

@[member='icebrg5']: that looks like mine too except my has the squares design on the front

might be worth trying a different loader just to troubleshoot your problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Again. Still