Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
What did you do in order to install it? Just patch the clean MIOSv10 from NUS and install? Because the readme confused me, it said I still need SNEEK+DI to boot lol.
Yep, I just replaced the app file to clean MIOSv10 and installed it!

What program did you use to replace the .app in the MIOSv10 wad? God I am so out of the loop with Wii hacking stuff lol...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use any WAD unpacker to unpack the WAD, replace the file in the folder, then pack the WAD again. There are many wad (un)packers out there.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Use any WAD unpacker to unpack the WAD, replace the file in the folder, then pack the WAD again. There are many wad (un)packers out there.

Yeah, I tried using my normal WAD packer but the dang 0000008.app wasn't there; it was just 0000001.app. Which one would you suggest?

elricorico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this new MIOS interfere with Swiss at all? I'd like to give DML a spin but I've been playing a lot of GameCube games through Swiss lately and would like to be able to without replacing MIOS each time.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this new MIOS interfere with Swiss at all? I'd like to give DML a spin but I've been playing a lot of GameCube games through Swiss lately and would like to be able to without replacing MIOS each time.

It seems interferes with swiss, I tried to load Swiss after installed the patched MIOS and my Wii turns off.
Same happens loading retail disc with disc channel.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Will there be a DIOS MIOS (minus the "Lite"), or will this project focus on sneek setups only?

With this new release no need of Sneek just decrypt the MIOSv10, patch the 0000000c.app with the corresponding tools, inject the patched file in a clean MIOSv10 wad and install in your real NAND.
The remaining setup is the folder games with games in discex format (or maybe now a common iso works?) in your SD card.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this new release no need of Sneek just decrypt the MIOSv10, patch the 0000000c.app with the corresponding tools, inject the patched file in a clean MIOSv10 wad and install in your real NAND.
The remaining setup is the folder games with games in discex format (or maybe now a common iso works?) in your SD card.
Sounds great.
Are the games then launched from one of the usual backup loaders?

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds great.
Are the games then launched from one of the usual backup loaders?

Only Latest NeoGamma version has an option to load with this method. I dont know if any other backup loaders will implement this in future releases.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Amazing job guys! It's unbelievable!

I just want to know the full process of this to fully work, and to know if it's necessary to have an emulated nand, or just install the patched MIOS and load it via neogamma or the main channel.

Thanks to everyone in this project! You're really awesome!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is good news, glad to hear its progressing. thanks for your work wiipower and anyone else helping. we all appreciate it greatly and you know we will help to provide feedback if you continue to push forward!

loading gamecube from sd in neogamma sounds amazing.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey I have a question, in the compilation process, the patched 000000c.app will replace the default 0000000c.app in MIOSv10 or I just have to put it with the original 0000000c.app? :blink:

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys help me out with this, I want to install the patched MIOSv10 but I don't know how to do this step...

"4. Inject this new 000000c.app into a MIOSv10 wad"

how do I do that? I've already done everything, using wad unpacker/packer doesn't help either, I successfully unpack the wad but how to I re-pack it again with 000000c.app? it seems that there is no changes in file size for the packed wad and I don't think that 000000c.app was already included, this were the files that I have after unpacking the MIOS v10 wad:

00000000.app
00000001.app
0000000100000101.cert
0000000100000101.tik
0000000100000101.tmd

then I added 000000c.app to repack it but I don't think I'm doing the right thing, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The file you want to replace is 0000001.app. Just rename the 000000c.app to it and replace it. Wad unpackers will always call it 00000000.app, 00000001.app, ... no idea why. I personally used wadmii from the wii.cs tools for the job btw.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1