Hacking DIOS-MIOS Lite proof of concept release!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even if he goes down to 10 bucks per hour of his time, it will be a lot. But i do hope it will get released under a license that's compatible with the GPL(allowing a GPL release). Well, not that i think i could do anything with it, but there's still hope anybody will be able to do something with it. The old DIOS-MIOS had so many issues to begin with, while DML sounds much more promising.

Hmm, does it contain the memory card emulation btw? I have read most posts in this thread, but it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
WiiPower said:
Hmm, does it contain the memory card emulation btw? I have read most posts in this thread, but it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Nope, I had to buy a new Memory Card, since the DML binary doesn't have the NMM code. But still, it's not that bad. You never know if you would ever need one.

Maybe we could try asking about NMM, too?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anybody think it's really 9000 bucks?

PsyBlade said:
my bet would be a modchip maker

How can a modchip maker benefit from this?
1. They use it in their product somehow. Which doesn't make much sense. A flat cable mod with a ROM loader which loads from front sd would be cheaper than a flat cable mod with an own sd slot and processing power, but there are some complications. Right now DML needs to replace BC, and the point where a flat cable mod can do something, that's past BC and MIOS. I'm not sure if it's possible to get from real GC mode into fake GC mode, and if it is, somebody needs to find a way to do this 1st. Also, i doubt many people realize how much work would needed to be done to make this work smoothly.

2. They get DML out of the game, so they sell more chips or let them stay expensive. Do WODE and WiiKey Fusion(any others in that category?) sell enough to make that worth it?

snikerz said:
QUOTE(chrisrlink @ Aug 31 2011, 11:34 PM) what if it was a spy from nintendo?
They don't even give a fuck about the Wii. Do you think they would give a fuck about pirated GC games?

If they plan to sell GC games on the WiiU's VC, i bet they do. And i kinda expect GC VC for WiiU, or does it not allow to use HDDs?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
chrisrlink said:
what if it was a spy from nintendo?
What do you mean "spy"? Nintendo is the only one who can call buying DML an investment, and as such the only one who can really put up more than symbolic "me wants!" dollars on the table.
I have my doubts about the price (what's the source, snikerz?), but I'd say it's much more likely they buy it than that a modding community throws a successful fundraiser.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
1. They use it in their product somehow. Which doesn't make much sense. A flat cable mod with a ROM loader which loads from front sd would be cheaper than a flat cable mod with an own sd slot and processing power, but there are some complications. Right now DML needs to replace BC, and the point where a flat cable mod can do something, that's past BC and MIOS. I'm not sure if it's possible to get from real GC mode into fake GC mode, and if it is, somebody needs to find a way to do this 1st. Also, i doubt many people realize how much work would needed to be done to make this work smoothly.

2. They get DML out of the game, so they sell more chips or let them stay expensive. Do WODE and WiiKey Fusion(any others in that category?) sell enough to make that worth it?
I wast thinking more along the lines of selling it as a new product
basically just DML + installer + guide + SDcard all dongled together

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
PsyBlade said:
WiiPower said:

I wast thinking more along the lines of selling it as a new product
basically just DML + installer + guide + SDcard all dongled together

They would need a complete guide with the hackmii installer, and most likely priiloader. We all know this kind of websites, but do you really think one of them would invest time into making DML better?

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
WiiPower said:
They would need a complete guide with the hackmii installer, and most likely priiloader. We all know this kind of websites, but do you really think one of them would invest time into making DML better?
With money, you can buy exploits and developers.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured I'd mention my results here.

I wasn't able to get any games working. Tried Wind Waker and Melee. Both result in a black screen. This is with r168, sd formatted as 32 kb and 64 kb, no difference on either. Bootmii is as ios, so that might be what it is.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
Figured I'd mention my results here.

I wasn't able to get any games working. Tried Wind Waker and Melee. Both result in a black screen. This is with r168, sd formatted as 32 kb and 64 kb, no difference on either. Bootmii is as ios, so that might be what it is.

We will look into the problem with bootmii ios, its on our todo list.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need some kind of benchmark for the sd card. Or can you tell somehow if the sd card read speed is the cause for certain problems for certain people? Ok, i hope that's not something with a priority on the TODO list, but you might want to keep it in mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom