Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,913
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think Chuck has got it there. Unless the sundriver can do audio streaming this is going to be as good as any chip for people who really use them as backup loaders.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to get a wiikey fusion and a crap load of 8 gb cards and get the whole GC set! nah i really do want a wiikey fusion for gc loading from sd.

i've given up on caring about dios mios, as it is going to be complicated to load. i like usb loading when it is simple. i played some f-zero gx last night, last time before that, hmmmmm....about 5 months ago!

let this have protection. either way its a good and bad idea. it will not stop gc piracy, prevent it or even help to curb it, not even by 1 percent. the gc scene will stay exactly the same, just with a new method to load but needs to be cracked to use.

i have a wired controller and a memory card for gamecube purposes. i HAVE to go up to my wii to play gamecube, therefore it makes no difference if i can use usb or disc. its the same thing.

can i put gc games on a dvd dl? off topic but im curious.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChuckBartowski said:
Mid123 said:
How will releasing this discourage people from buying the wode?People buy it for piracy uses and seeing as youll need the retail disc for Dios Mios people are still gonna buy the wode.Or am I missing something here?
Hes saying that it will get any legit backup users to go to this instead of buying a wode, which we all know was really made for piracy, and piracy is how Wode gets a large percent of its money. However on the flip side, i can see it encouraging people to buy a wode because they have no other options.

So, if the above is true, instead of WODE getting even just a small percentage of their earnings from people using their product in a 'righteous' way, crediar would hope to change that so all of their profits come from us filthy pirates?
laugh.gif
Was he screening the donations he was asking for (or at least planning on it had he actually gotten any) to make sure none of it was dirty money or was he happy to take money from anyone?
rolleyes.gif

PsyBlade said:
QUOTE(alexcalibur @ Aug 7 2010, 05:36 AM)
But does anyone know if I can use another Wii (my brother's Wii has a working disc drive) to backup a game that I own, then run it on my Wii?
The rips are only files on a Fat FS.
They need to be tied to a specific Wii or sharing the rip would be the easiest form of piracy.
If he does not stop that he wouldn't need to bother with anything further.
So I really doubt this will be possible.

What has a much better chance is using his drive in your Wii.
But here we really need a Time-machine.
And just how exactly would he tie anything to a specific Wii? In a way Nintendo hasn't apparently figured out? If it's money he was/is after, and he's apparently very anti-piracy, why in the hell isn't he working for Nintendo or at least selling them these innovations? I'm sure they'd be happy to pay $1,000 for this feature alone.
laugh.gif

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may sound like a noob in saying this, and perhaps I am, but if I am to understand correctly; one would insert a gamecube game into their Wii and then dump it to a storage device (be it SD or USB) from there then they can play this dump (back up) with this MIOS. I assume some form AP measure would include taking a key from your Wii and injecting it into the dump. If the key on your Wii doesn't match the one of the dump the game wouldn't play then? This might all be wrong My point is however the dumps are created so that it is known that they only came from legit discs then couldn't somebody create a PC app that would just fake all the dumps people may have pirated and fool this MIOS into think they are legit dumps.

I guess I just I don't understand how any MIOS or App could tell the difference between a dump rip from a legit disc versus a dump downloaded off the internet and further more how such a detection couldn't be faked and injected into dumps downloaded from the internet.

I applaud Crediar for his work on this MIOS and I can understand his anti-piracy beliefs, but I just don't fully understand how he could prevent full on piracy with his MIOS?

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand Crediar for being again piracy but it will never be stop ...

If you borrow a game or rent it ,you just have to put it on your usb drive and the game is detect as "legit"

The only way to stop piracy is to don't tell people you made a GC USB loader .. it's a good way to stop it :-)

Mid123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
So, if the above is true, instead of WODE getting even just a small percentage of their earnings from people using their product in a 'righteous' way, crediar would hope to change that so all of their profits come from us filthy pirates?
laugh.gif
Was he screening the donations he was asking for (or at least planning on it had he actually gotten any) to make sure none of it was dirty money or was he happy to take money from anyone?
rolleyes.gif
What the hell are you saying here?
wacko.gif

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about 90% sure that crediar is blowing smoke!

And you know where he's blowing it?

Right up all of our rear ends!

I think we should go tell him to pound sand!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I'm 100% sure that crediar can make this GC ISO loader. Just not sure if he will actually release it.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mid123 said:
QUOTE said:
laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif

What the hell are you saying here?
wacko.gif

Your flag says you're from Ireland, but they do speak 'English' there, no? Or are you still clinging onto Gaeilge?
wacko.gif

Does this Google translation help any?

Mar sin, má tá an thuas Is fíor sin, in ionad na WODE fháil fiú ach céatadán beag a thuilleamh ó dhaoine ag baint úsáide as a táirge ar righteous 'bhealach, bheadh crediar súil leis an athrú sin go léir a gcuid brabúis a thagann ó linn pirates salach?
laugh.gif
An raibh sé scagadh na síntiúis airgid a bhí sé ag iarraidh do (nó ar a laghad pleanála ar é a bhí aige iarbhír gotten ann) a bheidh le deimhin a dhéanamh ar aon cheann de go raibh sé salach airgead nó go raibh sé sásta airgead a ghlacadh ó aon duine?
rolleyes.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PsyBlade said:
Free GC piracy is not possible right now.
Only payed modchips can do that atm.

Free Wii piracy on the other hand was possible before sneek and still is without it.

GC piracy is possible using DVD's without a chip.
I have original GC games I haven't played from before I had a Wii.

It's unlikely I'll play them until someone does a decent GC USB loader.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cthg said:

Go right ahead and do it if that's what you believe.

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cthg said:

This coming from someone who uses cheat codes while playing online and is unable to figure out how to easily unban himself. Are you still using SNEEK for that or did you finally figure out that it is possible with any loader that supports cheat codes?

schmake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I for one hope that this does get finished and a wider release. My Wii drive is starting have difficulty even reading my original Gamecube discs, let alone backups
gbasp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald