Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sweet
tongue.gif
I'm getting this right now. I've got a slightly better camera than you, so I'll make another video.

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
truballr said:
HaniKazmi said:
Okay, I'm having problems. I'm trying to make csm, with a different health screen. Alls fine and it all packs, yet install keeps failing. Anyone want to look at my file and try and see why?
Where does it fail? Installing the WAD, are you getting a ret error?

im installing 0000...45.apps, it says it cant read it

QUOTE(digitydogs @ Jan 30 2009, 08:18 PM)
if your final size is comming out different then it is most likely one of a few things
1. your healthscreen image is not a 32bit bmp of the proper size prior to injection Its proper
2. your injection didnt take properly Getting just confirmations, no errors
3. You are using u8tool to repack your ash file, this is a nono using u8 packer
4. you are leaving an extracted folder in existence Not it
5. Your using tpledit instead of gally's tpl prog Don't even have tpledit
Wow, thats weird, recheck #1

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to pack up the app folder properly after replacing/injecting ash files you must use u8tool with nothing but delete any recursive and regular header options checked.
Note if you are trying to unpack anything other than my health.ash that i have modified it will fail. make your own ash file
tongue.gif

pebls123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if install can i change just my health screen using a 00000042.app or will i have to put that health in a .app together with the menu changes to have them together?

digitydogs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
u8tools doesnt freeze. it just takes forever to unpack the initial app for some reason. (up to an hour for 42, 2 hours for 45) but you MUST use it to unpack an app file. and to repack the final app file. when you unpack with u8extr it does not get the directory names so when you repack that app you are getting a file with no directory structure. now there may be a way around unpacking the app you want to pull a health file from. but if you want to use a healthscreen with my csm you MUST unpack my csp app file with u8tool.
once you have it unpack save a copy of that folder then you have one that is untouched and has all my hacks in it, and you simple inject your new healthscreen into my apps health.ash which is not compressed. then use u8tool to pack the new app this takes all of 10 seconds, don't ask me why.
Good luck.

Linkin the csm is graphic changes only, doesnt affect any apps or games or ios or anything else in any way, your still on your own system menu just with my graphics

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pebls123 said:
so if install can i change just my health screen using a 00000042.app or will i have to put that health in a .app together with the menu changes to have them together?
Thats what I've been tring to do. You have to put it with the menu changes, but I can't get it to work.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
u8tools doesnt freeze. it just takes forever to unpack the initial app for some reason. (up to an hour for 42, 2 hours for 45) but you MUST use it to unpack an app file. and to repack the final app file. when you unpack with u8extr it does not get the directory names so when you repack that app you are getting a file with no directory structure. now there may be a way around unpacking the app you want to pull a health file from. but if you want to use a healthscreen with my csm you MUST unpack my csp app file with u8tool.
once you have it unpack save a copy of that folder then you have one that is untouched and has all my hacks in it, and you simple inject your new healthscreen into my apps health.ash which is not compressed. then use u8tool to pack the new app this takes all of 10 seconds, don't ask me why.
Good luck.

Linkin the csm is graphic changes only, doesnt affect any apps or games or ios or anything else in any way, your still on your own system menu just with my graphics

Thanks, looks like I've got to do it the long way
smile.gif

masterjoel201

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, whenever I try to open softmii tweaks to use this, I get error: exception occured. I think the exception is like (INI) or something? What happened?

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
masterjoel201 said:
Ok, whenever I try to open softmii tweaks to use this, I get error: exception occured. I think the exception is like (INI) or something? What happened?

Did you install the dol in preloader cause if you did that's why you get an error

masterjoel201

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That must be it, I just forgot to when I reinstalled my 3.2 after a semi brick. Thanks!
Also, how do you inject a new healthscreen into your healths.ash? I extracted the health.ash but I dont know how to add a new healthcreen.
Plus, is there a way to install a custom cursor?

digitydogs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
custom cursor is currently only available with my CSM pack, Ok im spending all my time in forums instead of modifying my menu again. If you don't know how to inject a health screen into the ash file by hand you really shouldn't be doing this yet. And i've told you what to use to inject a healthii screen into my csm. Anything more advanced or detailed, you'll have to figure out or wait for the tutorial/guide i'm writing to come out.

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/sigh, i just don't have the time to develop that I used to...props for this, yours tends to take a more visually apparent approach to a custom system menu, you may want to consider taking custom "styled" menu. I'll probably come up with a whole separate name for mine come release, no worries.

goodjob,
Fors

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
/sigh, i just don't have the time to develop that I used to...props for this, yours tends to take a more visually apparent approach to a custom system menu, you may want to consider taking custom "styled" menu. I'll probably come up with a whole separate name for mine come release, no worries.

goodjob,
Fors
No worries Fors, we'll wait.
unsure.gif
lol
yaypsp.gif

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Forsaekn said:

goodjob,
Fors
As long as the final product is good, we'll wait.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
digitydogs said:
custom cursor is currently only available with my CSM pack, Ok im spending all my time in forums instead of modifying my menu again. If you don't know how to inject a health screen into the ash file by hand you really shouldn't be doing this yet. And i've told you what to use to inject a healthii screen into my csm. Anything more advanced or detailed, you'll have to figure out or wait for the tutorial/guide i'm writing to come out.

So there is a guide on the way. Thank god.

This whole injecting/unpacking thing can be extremely confusing to people (like meh
blink.gif
) who are fairly new to all of this. Can't wait though!

digitydogs

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright Fors this will still be Dig's CSM but for Custom Styled Menu. Still can't wait to see what your working on, and if you want someone to throw together a Styled Menu for you just say the word
smile.gif

In the meantime since getting a custom health screen is causing such headaches im creating a topic over on the softmii forums (to keep gba hacking clutter free) where you can post a link to your favorite images for a healthscreen, with a name for it and then in an hour and a half (6:15 pm US EST) i'll create a poll with all of them and the top three voted images after 2 hours (8:15 us est) will go into the SoftMii 1.0 with Dig's CSM as options along with the default for both ntsc and pal, which will then be release shortly afterwards.

http://wiinewz.com/forums/health-screens/9...-0-release.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153