YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have several games here that I have data for on my WiiU Internal Memory. I'm wanting to install the games using WUPInstallerGX2 onto my new HDD so it's easier for me to launch them without carrying a ton of discs around

So far, I've tried loading Winderwaker HD from the USB, and I have a save for it on my Internal Memory but it creates a new save altogether and ignores the original.

I tried to copy the original save over to the HDD, but it says that the software already exists on the External memory (Only the digital game is on there), and copying it over to the HDD will delete other data, so I'm confused.

I'm going to install ALL 8 of my games here onto the HDD. How do I go about moving the saves over to the HDD to use...? I don't want to copy them first, then install the Game yet because I don't know if the save will be deleted on the HDD XD

Help would be appreciated :)

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

xombiemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I transferred all my saves to USB first and then installed the game to USB after and it worked fine for me.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I transferred all my saves to USB first and then installed the game to USB after and it worked fine for me.
Well I actually just wrote myself a note regarding that XD I'm at the pub having a pint and had a thought...

It read:
'Copy windwaker HD save data to HDD. IF the game gets deleted. Try installing game to HDD again.

If it works, do the same for all games.

If the save is deleted. Fuck.'

Thanks for the quick reply! The forum is as helpful as it was all those years ago :)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why it asks to overwrite the save when you copy it to USB is because that's where the game creates it's first save. Yes overwrite the save on USB because the system memory save is what you want right?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was
The reason why it asks to overwrite the save when you copy it to USB is because that's where the game creates it's first save. Yes overwrite the save on USB because the system memory save is what you want right?
There was no save on the HDD when I tried to copy at first , just the game data :) sorry I never made that clear!

When I tried to copy the save data over it said that all data will be deleted so I don't know if that means the game too, which would be at stupid af, but Nintendo right? :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries