Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Seph54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed, i dont see why people are complaining, this looks like any other load screen on a psp i have seen, plus i never pay attention and just load my game anyway so this is a minor detail to me XD

It looks really good extremely close to how it looks on a English PSP. They doing a great job

GBOT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First to congrat you for the translation progress, i'm almost sure I did it before but well; keep doing a great work!
I like the second one more

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Personally I think 1 looks better, I'm not sure why people would want things in all caps. I mean it frustrates the hell out of people when others post in all caps, as it insinuates shouting, so why would you what the game to do it, even if it is only things on a menu.

But it looks as though 2 going to win the vote :(, if it's still going on.

Because Game != Internet.
We are not living in the internet and things that have a certain meaning in the internet doesn't necessarily have to follow the same meaning in a game. Especially if we are talking about buttons,
which have special rules applied to.

Moreover caps would be a homage to Digimon World 1 which did it the same way. And ReDigitize IS all about giving tribute to Digimon World 1.
And I guess that's why people chose Caps too. It gives the game the Digimon World 1 feeling we all loved so much back.
And this is also why I'm up for it. Also: WAY better readable on a real PSP.

But for all intents and purposes, if that is really such a big deal for you guys, I will make a patch with caps, one without. That way all will be satisfied, right?

Still, I hereby declare the CAPS Version the "OFFFICIAL" Winner.

JP317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We are not living in the internet and things that have a certain meaning in the internet doesn't necessarily have to follow the same meaning in a game. Especially if we are talking about buttons,

Moreover caps would be a homage to Digimon World 1 which did it the same way. And ReDigitize IS all about giving tribute to Digimon World 1.
And I guess that's why people chose Caps too. It gives the game the Digimon World 1 feeling we all loved so much back.

But for all intents and purposes, if that is really such a big deal for you guys, I will make a patch with caps, one without. That way all will be satisfied, right?

I get your point, I guess I'm just too used to/spoilt by games I'm currently playing (like my current replay of Dawn, mind you I think that does for the battle menu but I'm too lazy to turn it on and check right now). I suppose all the older Digimon games had all caps for the main menus.

I guess I was just really making up reasons as I didn't feel just saying "I feel 1 looks better" really added much. I do want to thank you all for all the work you are putting into this and never want to sound ungrateful. Also I'm not sure whether to take your second to last line seriously or not.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I get your point, I guess I'm just too used to/spoilt by games I'm currently playing (like my current replay of Dawn, mind you I think that does for the battle menu but I'm too lazy to turn it on and check right now). I suppose all the older Digimon games had all caps for the main menus.

I guess I was just really making up reasons as I didn't feel just saying "I feel 1 looks better" really added much. I do want to thank you all for all the work you are putting into this and never want to sound ungrateful. Also I'm not sure whether to take your second to last line seriously or not.

When I made those pictures I didn't expect that many going for the Non-Caps so I didn't think it would be an issue at all.

It was merely checking. Now I see that although the caps version is the winner, there are enough people that want a small letter version that would justify a separate patch.
So: Yeah I'm serious.

blocky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

i saw this and i was like this picture !!

Attachments

• y not both.jpg
    y not both.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 288

Godwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to make an account just to say thank you SO MUCH for making a translation. You all rock. Keep kicking life's butt! ^_^

FranciscoMateus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Romsstar, are you going to do two patches? Won't it demand a lot more time to do so? Or making two patches and changing only the letter's size is not all that hard (not that i'm saying what are you doing is easy, since if it was like that then you wouldn't have to spent all of your time to do this project!)?

EdenSB

Trophies
XP
Country
Signed up now, just to say thanks for your work on the patch so far and I hope it's successfully completed. =) I was actually searching for Lost Evolution's patch (seems to not be progressing) when I came across this. I was actually in Japan when it was released and thought it looked amazing but I'd never have a chance to play it. I'm happy that it seems I'm wrong.

I understand that this is going to take a long time to complete, so I wonder if there's any option for anything like e-mail notification alerts?

Of the two images, I think 1 looks better and prefer that. 2 does resemble Digimon World for the Playstation more, but honestly while I loved the game, I never liked the font then either.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Romsstar, are you going to do two patches? Won't it demand a lot more time to do so? Or making two patches and changing only the letter's size is not all that hard (not that i'm saying what are you doing is easy, since if it was like that then you wouldn't have to spent all of your time to do this project!)?

Not that much more time. It is not that hard.

@EdenSB: Email notifaction not that much but you can follow the blog and then you'll get notice when something happens.
http://digimonworldre.wordpress.com

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lost evolution is making progress, its just that our translators dont have as much time as these guys.

I think it's presumptuous to assume we have more time than you guys :P
Actually we have little to no time, and while we're talking: We don't have TranslatorS currently there is only one and his name is Romsstar.

Sooo....:P

Reactions: Black-Ice

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually we have little to no time, and while we're talking: We don't have TranslatorS currently there is only one and his name is Romsstar.

Sowwy romsstar :lol:
For a solo effort you're doing quite fine i must say, ^_^

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thank you Romsstar and team, I appreciate your work and progress.
As for our DSLE, currently we don't have translators (I suck at it and I only doing the insertion of data since I'm no good in debugging or graphic editing "which we have issues in both")

If you know how to debug in DS or can tell me how to edit arm9.bin (or arm7.bin, I don't remember which one), I will be glad.
Also, I'm a programmer, so if you need a tool, you can tell me and I will try to create one for you.
:D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work