Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

laughinman

Unambiguous
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And to those offended by X comments, remember that you're trying to pick a fight with someone who is working on this project. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, what matters is that you stop.

I second this statement, we've lost too many good men.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, what you're saying is your basically looking at each value and going "What does this line do?" *edit* *patch game* *doesn't do what you want* *facepalm* *repeat*
No I can modify the value in real time, it'll be even more troublesome if I had to do that xD but yeah, basically, that's something like that.

Looks like there's another, let's say, "issue". At least it's not something that will stop the team from their work, but it'll sure take a lot more time TT~TT
It's not really an issue, I'm more working on aesthetism. Instead of having to shrink every word because they don't fit, I'm merely adjusting everything to our needs.
If I can't or if there's more priority we could still change that but anyway, just look:
cgrt34r7v4bkq1agd.jpg

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion: Shorten the title.
The one who overcame the sorrow is VERY odd sounding and quite a mouthful. Why not just do "Overcame sorrow" or something along those lines?
From the looks of it the side of that box is both a value sizing and graphic sizing. Meaning you'd have to make new images for it as well, which IMO for something like that is more effort than it's worth.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not the only one but yeah, iirc romsstar was about to change that one.
I'll focus on more urgent and gamebreaking problem instead of just that one ^^

Reactions: CrashmanX

laughinman

Unambiguous
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not really an issue, I'm more working on aesthetism. Instead of having to shrink every word because they don't fit, I'm merely adjusting everything to our needs.
If I can't or if there's more priority we could still change that but anyway, just look:
cgrt34r7v4bkq1agd.jpg

It looks well done except for the piece your working on, nice work.

JM1321

JME1321
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
No I can modify the value in real time, it'll be even more troublesome if I had to do that xD but yeah, basically, that's something like that.

cgrt34r7v4bkq1agd.jpg

StoryMyu you might have already taken this into consideration but just in case isn't there a way that you could make the text (the one who overcame the sorrow) slide to the left (animated text) as a solution. Sorry i dont understand much (practically zilch) about rom hacking etc.. and i dont know if it is even possible.

laughinman

Unambiguous
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
StoryMyu you might have already taken this into consideration but just in case isn't there a way that you could make the text (the one who overcame the sorrow) slide to the left (animated text) as a solution. Sorry i dont understand much (practically zilch) about rom hacking etc.. and i dont know if it is even possible.

Crashman's suggestion of changing it to "Overcame Sorrow" seems like a better idea to me. It just sounds better regardless of there being an issue.

absolute

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehy guys.It's been a while since last time i checked this, my english is not really good,and trying to read the post i can't read much beside flame and spam.Maybe it' s just me who didn't understand it,but do you guys know what they are working on at the moment? Did they overcome the issue about hacking the game to make the text fits?Or are them still struggling?Sorry for my questions if them waste your time, and keep up your good work!

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehy guys.It's been a while since last time i checked this, my english is not really good,and trying to read the post i can't read much beside flame and spam.Maybe it' s just me who didn't understand it,but do you guys know what they are working on at the moment? Did they overcome the issue about hacking the game to make the text fits?Or are them still struggling?Sorry for my questions if them waste your time, and keep up your good work!
The major issue has been overcome, but there are a number of smaller issues to deal with as well. The translation is also not finished. A lot of progress has been made, but it may still be some time before the patch is released.

Reactions: absolute

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Duh I knew you guys would cling on the overcame sorrow thing. As StorMyu said this one is gonna be shortened anyways and if this was the only one giving issues we wouldn't bother.
Meaning: There are titles that CAN'T be shortened without losing their original sense.

I work in a Translation company when I put sth like "The who overcame the sorrow" obviously this is a placeholder and will be revised.
Everyone has their own style of translating, I do rough first, refining style next, and then it goes to editor, then quality checker and so on...

For what it's worth, as things stand now dialogues won't give any trouble, which is funny because that's normally the issue.XD

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Duh I knew you guys would cling on the overcame sorrow thing. As StorMyu said this one is gonna be shortened anyways and if this was the only one giving issues we wouldn't bother.
Meaning: There are titles that CAN'T be shortened without losing their original sense.

I work in a Translation company when I put sth like "The who overcame the sorrow" obviously this is a placeholder and will be revised.
Everyone has their own style of translating, I do rough first, refining style next, and then it goes to editor, then quality checker and so on...

For what it's worth, as things stand now dialogues won't give any trouble, which is funny because that's normally the issue.XD

Overcomer of Sorrow

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"He who overcame sorrow" is smaller. "Overcame Sorrow" seems the easiest of them all though. I guess it's all about getting these odds and ends to work nicely in the menus and signage?

Reactions: laughinman

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Optimistic maybe? Just an idea~

Totally out of place I'm afraid.
overcoming something is to master sth so one of my options would be also "Master of Sorrow" which sounds indeed pretty cool,
but for now is only another option I have. We are working with titles, they have to sound like something that you'd be proud to call yourself :D

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Totally out of place I'm afraid.
overcoming something is to master sth so one of my options would be also "Master of Sorrow" which sounds indeed pretty cool,
but for now is only another option I have. We are working with titles, they have to sound like something that you'd be proud to call yourself :D

but the problem is that title is earned when you have had loads of Digimon Die on you
so not really something to be proud of lol

Reactions: signz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been