ROM Hack Digimon Story Lost Evolution Project

deneric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know ill be flamed like crazy for this but
yugix rastsan normatt and saqua please release a beta version of the translation please
i really like digimon as does anybody else who stalks this thread like i do ( i check it once or twice a day hoping for a patch)
none of us will think any less of you guys its just that we wanna play digimon
i promise ill play both the beta and final release
i maxed out my time for dawn and dusk on retail carts

when yugix is finished with his part, a beta MAY be released but it really depends on how much there is to go after that.

You're just trying to blame it on him, aren't you ;)

Not really. I'm being slow is what made this translation late. But even after finishing my parts, the story part will take too much time to be finished.

Suaqua, I don't think a beta will be ready before December since I'm finding little time to do translating as work taking too much time from me.

Lol I know, I was just teasing :) But thanks a ton for the update, I really appreciate what you guys are doing!

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
What I meant is not that we will release our beta in December ppl.

I meant that we will not be "able to" release beta "if released" before December.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, even if it's only released next year, I don't have any issues with it. Most games take a couple of years until they're fully translated, so even if you only release it next year, I'd say that's still pretty fast, I'm used to waiting years for a translation, so a couple of months is nothing compared to it. xP

Btw, I googled some info about this game, supposedly there's 4 main chars, do you get to choose one? =O

TMS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot about this for a while, and thought I'd check in again. Glad you're still working on it. Keep up the good work!

By the way, anyone notice how Hiroyuki and Asuka sort of resemble Takeru and Hikari from the anime?

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. You choose between Shu (the boy) and Kizuna (the girl). The other two main characters are Hiroyuki, Asuka, Yui, and Takuto.

Actually You Listed Four Characters instead of Two

There are really 6 main characters. I'd forgotten about the younger two, Yui and Takuto.

LSumeraMacalma

Trophies
XP
dear yugix rastsan normatt and saqua,
even its not yet finished i already want to thank you for your hard working
i hope you finished it soon for the sake of all digimon fans who want to play this game.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

pls give some update atleast eveary 3 days
sorry for my request but i realy want to know the progress.

it take me weeks to find this furom and as far as i know all of you is our only hope to play this
game in english.

if you complete this patch i will never ever forget you guys
just like xeenamoo who make eng patch for kh2fm

guys your the best thanks again

sorry for my english im not realy good on it.

Reactions: 1 person

puerco-potter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
dear yugix rastsan normatt and saqua,
even its not yet finished i already want to thank you for your hard working
i hope you finished it soon for the sake of all digimon fans who want to play this game.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

pls give some update atleast eveary 3 days
sorry for my request but i realy want to know the progress.

it take me weeks to find this furom and as far as i know all of you is our only hope to play this
game in english.

if you complete this patch i will never ever forget you guys
just like xeenamoo who make eng patch for kh2fm

guys your the best thanks again

sorry for my english im not realy good on it.

Every 3 days? That to much. Don't you think so?
Beside what do you want to report that often? "I translate 3 paragraphs", "I don't traslate more than a line because of Work/studies"
I will let them alone and just suport they in spirit.
From would I like a report(just one) is from Rastsan, it will be good to have some screens of the translation.

Excuse my english. I am from Argentina.

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
oh hey which part of argentina? I have cousin who is a pilot there.
As to screen shots well... huh... if I am going to put the images in and test it I would rather test it after I get all of it done. As it is a pain (to me) to do an image, insert it, rebuild the pak file, rebuild the rom and play test (after what five-ten images). Much easier to just do the editing insert them all together play test and look for the images that may have trouble. Especially since I haven't matched all the images up with the correct palettes and have been working greyscale.
Oh and I asked Yugix for files so the image work would match the translation (but that was quite a while ago and I can tell that there is going to be some revisions to the text), So any screenshots would be with a good dose of this is not the final version. Fonts might not work, images errors, the normal beta testing crap....
Really the pace seems to be be pretty good. Sorry I haven't gotten to putting up a file completion list of what I have done. From what I can see though the game is almost playable (if you don't mind a large chunk of the script not being done).

Oh and I agree a report that often, is not going to happen. At least not from me. Maybe the others can do some screenshots as the images are not ready yet.

Reactions: 2 people

LSumeraMacalma

Trophies
XP
oh hey which part of argentina? I have cousin who is a pilot there.
As to screen shots well... huh... if I am going to put the images in and test it I would rather test it after I get all of it done. As it is a pain (to me) to do an image, insert it, rebuild the pak file, rebuild the rom and play test (after what five-ten images). Much easier to just do the editing insert them all together play test and look for the images that may have trouble. Especially since I haven't matched all the images up with the correct palettes and have been working greyscale.
Oh and I asked Yugix for files so the image work would match the translation (but that was quite a while ago and I can tell that there is going to be some revisions to the text), So any screenshots would be with a good dose of this is not the final version. Fonts might not work, images errors, the normal beta testing crap....
Really the pace seems to be be pretty good. Sorry I haven't gotten to putting up a file completion list of what I have done. From what I can see though the game is almost playable (if you don't mind a large chunk of the script not being done).

Oh and I agree a report that often, is not going to happen. At least not from me. Maybe the others can do some screenshots as the images are not ready yet.

oh I'm sorry let me correct myself
i just want that you post in this forum just once in a while
for us to know whats happening.
i know that I'm not helping you because i don't have knowledge
to translate Japanese games to English but
still im one of those believing and wait for your project to finished.
all i want is just to be more inform about whats happening.

I'm really sorry :(

gudluck with the project and im happy that you reply that makes me know that the project will not be dead :)
i hope that i can help even just a single thing to do.
i really sucks in english even in hacking games. sorryyyyy again guys. :( :( :(

Frostic12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job for Project members for the Digimon project, I hope the project continues to run smoothly and again great job to the teams effort for translating and making sure things are getting done and situated. :)

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
okay so for the spr pak file I have the following that I need to clear up before I can edit them... as in a proper translation. I would rather be sure of them than not, so please any translators can you take a look and tell me what they are?

file_41.ncgr
ソートきりかえ sort change re-sort

File63.ncgr
はっせいじょうけん

file77ncgr
とっくんぺン special trianing pen/ special cage
おしごとぺン regular cage?

file119.ncgr
ほうしゅうをみる show reward

file_177.ncgr
おれる Break

file_184.ncgr
あいてをまつ

File_1022.ncgr
リペアリングのせっめいをみますか?
Something about repairing and maybe settings...oy..
edit: try to reconnect?

File_1761.ncgr
まもる Guard

file_1809.ncgr
こうげきサボートAttack support

file_1810.NCGR
ほうきょサポート defence support

file_1811.NCGR
サいしんサポート
spirit support (or some other trait)

file_1812.NCGR
すばやさサポート speed support

file 1815
にゅうりょくうけっけ あと ぴょう
あいてのにゅうりくを まっています

file47ncbr
file_2499.ncgr
ロップモン リぺアリング中…
Edit; Lopmon is repairing... (thats what I get for thinking a digimon named Lopmon yeah right)

file49ncbr
file_2501.ncgr
せいせもはっぴょう!

file55ncbr
file_2507.ncgr
リペアリングせいこう!

File56ncbr.
file_2508.ncgr
リペアリングしっぱい…

file61ncbr
file_2513.ncgr
リペアリングしゅういょう

file_2886.ncgr (whoops gotta do this right ignore for now... had the wrong ncer) corrected

かいにをたお
うリにきたんだお
もうかえるお
そうびひん
しょうひアイテム
ファームグッズ Farm goods (skip)
バグプレート Bug plate (skip)
もとる

file_2887.NCGR
レンジ range

file_2983.ncgr
クエストほうしゅう
はっせいじょうけん

file_2986.ncgr
LIVEィペントけっか

file_2987.ncgr
おしごとほうこく

file_2988.ncgr
クエストほうしゅう

file_2989.ncgr
おしごとほうこく

file_2990.ncgr
ソートきりかえ

file_2991.ncgr
かくとくEXP

thanks for any help...

oh I also have a text graphically on a few arches that are not completely necessary to do (as in when you walk around there is an arch). That I was wondering whether I should edit or not. Opinions on the arch would also be appreciated (there is 2 or 3 arches).

I would also like to know if an edit of the graphic credits screens is something that is needed. other wise aside from the above I only have about 10 images left to edit. Not including the credits screens.

I thought it would also be a good idea to ask if anyone has gone through the sound file yet to see if it will need any work? if that would be included as something to do...

note to self fix 1808 "digimon Swap"

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
not what I meant... If I am not sure what they are/don't know what they are, how am I going to compare them to anything?
I have the graphics from the aforementioned games. Most use the in game font and are not useful for this. Although thanks for the response.

deneric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's great to see you all are still working on this ^_^ I can't wait to FINALLY play this game!

Oh by the way, rastsan! I was scouring the internet for a zoids saga DS translation (no such luck) and I came across your website! I was like, "Okay, who is this guy ... his name is so familiar ... holy crap!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s