CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
It's VERY loosely copying it. Many things have a temp power-up form. Hell a LOT of things have that. Danball has it, Gundam AGE had it, multiple units in Super Robot Wars have it, etc. It's a common trope (for lack of a better word) for Japan.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It is copying the mechanics. In digimon you digivolve for a battle and then you go back to normal, here it's the same.

I don't think so. If you think about it, most Digimon games have a "permanent" evolution like Digimon World 1, 2, Digimon Story series and so.
If we say that Pokemon is copying Digimon, we could say the opposite since Digimon Anime don't have the "permanent" evolution while Pokemon Games + Anime have.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm confused, should I used Xhai patch or Omarrio patch? What is the most complete from those 2? Thanks in advance!

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
is there any chance i can try to help with the translation?

I don't know. Ask xhai or omarrrio (send them a message). Stormyu and the others won't start translating this game until they finish translating Digimon re digitize, and it seems that it will take some time.

Hakamdeebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!!!! I'm new here and I literally just found out about this game 3 days ago (thought the psp died a long time ago, but the fact they made this game for it makes me happy that I still have my psp), anyway, I stumbled upon here and saw the part about being able to edit the music files and videos, and I can dabble with files pretty well, my dilemma is that I'm trying to replace the butterfly song (Shocking, I know), I wanna replace it with the Arabic version for both the opening and the main screen as I grew up watching the Arabic version which basically has the same soundtrack just Arabic words (love Japanese, hate English, no offence to everyone who grew up on it though), problem is I tried for like 7 hours straight and my first try ended up in a black screen and my second try ended up with all the music not working, stage, main screen, all gone, so how would I go about doing that? I extracted the FILEDATA.CPK using UMDGen, extracted contents with cripackedfilemaker, got ID03693, extracted the music files with the quickbms, got .neo and .wav files, the first one was 00000000.neo which is the main screen butterfly song, used hxd to delete the zeros at the beginning, turned the extension from neo to at3, used atrac3plus tool to convert it to aa3 then used the Sound Forge program to make sure it was the butterfly song and it was, I got the Arabic Version, opened it with Sound Forge, saved it as a aa3, converted it to at3 using atrac3plus, renamed it to neo and put the zeros at the beginning back, used cripackedfilemaker to build a CPK file with the name ID03693 that contained all the wav and neo files, replaced the original one ID03693 with the arabic one, then made another CPK file with all the ID0 files, and named it FILEDATA.CPK, put it back into the ISO and deleted the old one using UMDGen, and put the game on the psp. Didn't work at all, where the hell did I go wrong? I know one thing for sure, the audio for the opening that starts at the beginning of the game is not in the ID03693 file. P.S.: Nobody give me hell about "it's illegal and you can't do that", in the middle east, there's no such thing as copyright, so I'm not hurting anybody here. This is for my own personal use.
IF THIS JUST SOUNDS LIKE GIBBERISH, DON'T READ IT, JUST TELL ME HOW YOU DID IT, I'D APPRECIATE THAT A LOT AND I WOULD BE SAVING YOU FROM READING THIS LONG ESSAY AND SAVING YOU A LOT OF TIME. THANK YOU!!! :DDDD

Hakamdeebad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we have copyrights in the Middle East, then there shouldn't be copied games for ps2 and other systems in stores that cost about 2 or 3 dollars maybe less, there is copyrights there, but not for video games and cartoons, I mean I bought my PS2 from there and it came pre-modchipped, but whatevs, I mean I lived in Jordan and saw no trace of copyrights whatsoever. Maybe where you live/lived, it's different.

kamikai

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yo, does anyone know the ID for main story conversations? thanks in advance!

nevermind, i found a way to search for any text that way i can find my through, btw, i'm continuing the translation now, if anyone knows japanese pretty damn good and would like to help, send me a message, im currently translating skills, once i finish i'll start with conversation and other random things (whatever i may find in the way)...

BaileyFox

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I'm new here, and mostly here because of an obsession I have with one of the soundtracks in the game, which I just can't seem to find anywhere. So writing here, in case someone is able to help me out. I apologize for the inconvenience if it's not a good place to ask. It's just that I've been looking around a lot without results. Anyway! Onwards with the request.
Not really an obsession, but I reeeeally like the theme that plays during the big boss battles (Devimon, Venomvamdemon, Metalseadramon, Mugendramon, Piemon, etc), and was curious if somebody somehow can extract the theme from their game or record it somehow, and upload it? I would be really grateful.

Might get the game sometime. It's games like this that makes me regret not having a PSP. But I might just get one sometime, especially if a fanmade translation patch is in progress. My Japanese is kinda bad/nearly non-existant. ゜д゜

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello!

I'm new here, and mostly here because of an obsession I have with one of the soundtracks in the game, which I just can't seem to find anywhere. So writing here, in case someone is able to help me out. I apologize for the inconvenience if it's not a good place to ask. It's just that I've been looking around a lot without results. Anyway! Onwards with the request.
Not really an obsession, but I reeeeally like the theme that plays during the big boss battles (Devimon, Venomvamdemon, Metalseadramon, Mugendramon, Piemon, etc), and was curious if somebody somehow can extract the theme from their game or record it somehow, and upload it? I would be really grateful.

Might get the game sometime. It's games like this that makes me regret not having a PSP. But I might just get one sometime, especially if a fanmade translation patch is in progress. My Japanese is kinda bad/nearly non-existant. ゜д゜

Is it this one? (I'm asking because I have not played the game yet, and I won't till it's fully translated some day :P )

BaileyFox

Trophies
XP
Country
No, it's not that one. That's the normal Boss theme. There's another one playing during some of the bigger battles, like I quoted. But thank you for looking. :)
I'm afraid it's not on youtube.

marcus costa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zOMG! IT WORKED! I can't believe it worked!! I managed to redub a cutscene and the intro to another language!! (latinoamerican spanish, but obviously this can be done with any language you want) :D . Really, I can't believe it worked, I'm just a noob who can search stuff on google and managed to "mod" a PSP game ((this little thing may not sound like too much for a lot of people, but to me it does because I don't even know how to use a hex editor)).The video itself was a little bit more pixelated, but I'm sure that if I configure a little bit more the settings it will look as good as the original. However, now I only know how to redub the cutscenes but not the actual "gameplay", and I suppose that would be different because those won't be PMF files, but those will be another kind of extension with an AT3 sound (it would be as simple as replacing the AT3 sound with another one, but then the difficult part would be to repack everything into that unknown extension file).

Ok, I'll proceed to explain how to redub the cutscenes:

1) Once you get the ISO, extract it with UltraISO or UMDGen (I recommend UMDGen and you'll gonna have to use it at the end, so I give you the download link here )

2) Download CriPackedFileMaker (from here ). Start the program and drag the file named "FILEDATA.cpk" (which is in the \PSP_GAME\USRDIR folder). Now extract the cpk (you may want to create a new folder so that it extracts there). You'll have a lot of files without extension, and all of them are "ID" followed by a number. In this case we'll pay attention to the ones which are cutscenes. Which ones?, Look at the first page of the thread to find out; the cutscenes are PMF files. From now on, you should choose which cutscene to redub and focus on that one (so I recommend you to copy that cutscene into a separate folder)

3) Download this and start it. The program is pretty self-explanatory. You will select your cutscene and the program will "extract it". As a result you'll get an AVI file and a AT3 file. Ignore the AT3 file, we'll focus on the AVI file (the AVI file doesn't have sound).

4) Now, this is one of the important parts: the actual "redub". You'll need:
*video editor. I used Sony Vegas.
*the mp3 audio of the digimon episode in the language you want (just search that episode in youtube and download it in mp3 format; you don't even need a program for that, just google "youtube to mp3" and you'll get thousands of pages that will let you do that).

Open your video editor and drag the AVI file into it. It doesn't work? It displays some error?. Download Oxelon Media converter or some other video converter (I just put that one because it's freeware and very good), and convert the AVI into MP4.

Now "do the magic", do the redub. How?, simple: cut pieces of audio to sync the cutscene (there may be some little differences in lenght between the anime and the cutscene, but somehow try to make it fit the better possible). I won't explain you how to use a video editor, search in youtube for knowing the very basics. In case of Sony Vegas, in order to cut pieces of audio, you've gotta press "S" and it will split, now you should drag that piece of audio and see if it fits the context. You can also help yourself by having the digimon anime in a different window, so you can compare the differences and try to see how to make the best edition possible. The MUSIC of the final result may result a little bit awkward, depending on the cutscene, because you're focusing on the voices not on the music (There ARE ways to "mute" the music (you'd need another program) but it lowers the voice quality so it's really not worth it).
Be sure to play each part more than 1 time, so you can really notice if it's synched or not. Once you're done with syncing each part, play the whole thing to see if you like it. If you do, then it's time to render it. Render it as MP3. Yes, MP3, the video was just a visual help, you just want the audio. In fact, if you converted the AVI to MP4 (so that the video editor can recognize it), now you should delete the MP4 because it won't be useful anymore.

5) I divided this section in parts:

a) Convert the AVI extracted file to AVI (yes, kinda ilogical, but it's necessary) using Oxelon Converter. Convert the MP3 file you created to wav, also by Oxelon Converter.
b) You'll need to get Umd Stream Composer which is a part of UMD Tools. I can't give you the link to UMD Tools, you'll have to search it yourself. Start UMD Stream Composer and click "new", and in "clip name" and "project name" you should put the name of the ID file, just to keep track of everything, or something that relates to the cutscene (in other words, put whatever you want, but it's recommended to be organised if you'll want to redub all the cutscenes). Click next. In "max clip size" you should increase the value up to a little bit more that the original ID file was, for example, let's say that the ID file was 3MB, then you should put 4MB or something like that (Although I suppose that you can just put a high number and it'll also work, I'm not 100% sure). And select the box that says "PSP Movie format (for game) ", that's VERY important! . Now click finish
c) Drag the converted AVI to "video 1" and the wav to "Audio 1". Now click "Encode+Multiplex" and click start.
d) Now you should have a MPS file somewhere. Where?, I think it depends. In my case it was
Code:
C:\Users\Name of the user\Documents\UmdStreamComposer\MuxWork\Folder named after your project
But I think that in some cases the directory can be other. If you can't find your MPS file do this: click "start" and in "search program and files" write ".mps" . If in the results it appears something that was named after your project and ends in mps, then right click that file and "open file location".
e) Now you should download "MPS to PMF" converter. I'm not sure if I can't give you that link either, so you'll have to google it. Once you have it, copy and paste the .MPS file into the folder where all the "MPS to PMF" is. And now click "Run me to convert.bat". You should get a PMF video file which will appear in the same "MPS to PMF" directory.

6) Okay!! Now you've got the PMF video file! Time to repack everything. Make a backup of the folder in which you've got all the ID files, and a backup of the Digimon Adventure ISO. Now, rename the PMF file to the correspondent ID+number, and no extension at the end. Cut and paste that into the folder which contains all the ID files (it will ask you if you wanna replace the files: YES). Now open CriPackedFileMaker and click the icon at the right ("Open Base Directory for CPK File Packaging") and browse till you find your folder which contains the ID files. Now click "Build CPK file" and put exactly these settings:
AAAAAAAASDSDSDSD.png

and click "Start to Build". When it's done you should have a new CPK file. Rename it "FILEDATA.CPK"

7) Ok, now it's time to replace the old cpk file with the new one. How to do that? If you still don't have it, download UMDGen (which you can get from here ). Start UMDGen and select the Digimon Adventure ISO. Inside UMDGen go to the USRDIR folder where the old CPK file is, right click on the CPK file and delete it. Now drag the new one onto that folder. Now click "Save" and you'll have the new ISO. Congratulations, now put that thing into your PSP to see if it worked!

Hi there SuperSZ

im trying to translate the videos .pmf to portuguese and i di everything you said on your tutorial, i only swap one pmf file the one from the opening scene, and when i boot the game , it starts but then the screen goes black indefinately, what i did wrong, can you help me please? (i tried everything even with a japanese untouched iso)

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up