Difference between cios_fix and cios36_r7

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Furter, Jan 16, 2009.

Jan 16, 2009
  1. Furter
    OP

Newcomer Furter Member

United Kingdom
    Hi
    I know this is probably a noob question but what the difference between cios_fix and cios36_r7

Is it the version number or something i think i got the idea from another thread on here somewhere(or are they completely different and i'm totally wrong)

and if so i think i installed cios_fix, should i install cios36_r7 now then, or will that bugger my back up launchers up.

Also is there a way of finding out which one i have.

Thanks in advance

Furter

P.S. What do they actually install on the the wii??

So many questions i know sorry!!

2. wanders

Newcomer wanders Advanced Member

United States
    'cios_fix' is cIOS36_rev5 AFAIK. In other words yes it's just an older version. And yes, it's recommended that one should install the latest version (rev7), as it should have much better compatability with backups. Accordingly, backup loaders shouldn't get messed up at all if you update to a newer revision, quite the opposite really.

Search for an app called Title Lister. Look for the 'IOS249' entry in the list, and you should be able to determine what version you have installed from that: 0.7 being rev7 and anything else being something old.

3. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Good reply wanders - that pretty much covered everything , no need for me here [​IMG]

4. Furter
    OP

Newcomer Furter Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply guys