Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't installed mine but no it isn't easy for someone who doesn't know how to solder. Especially if you got a D2C, I wouldn't even attempt it.

bullet2urbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it myself, after beer and using 5 times the recommended Iron.

but i have an old Wii, and it wasnt that hard.

I would suggest paying someone though... and here comes my motto

If you cant afford to break it, Dont buy(mod) it the buy it part is for Overclocking computers.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've got soldering experience (done a bunch of PS1's, PS2's, fixed old monitors) but there's no freaking way I was gonna do the Wii myself, as they were already impossible to come across months ago, so I just paid someone who did it as a side business to mod it
tongue.gif

Didn't want to even risk wrecking it as my chances of replacement were next to nil
biggrin.gif

TheGrub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No soldering experience what so ever here a part from watching a friend do one soldering job one time...

I installed my wii-boss myself !!! i was a nervous reck but did it anyway.. and it works great.. Since then, i did 2 more and going to do another one this weekend.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes, it was the first thing I ever soldered... I messed up at first and lifted a pad, but then I just soldered it to the chips leg

woytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did mine myself with a 45W iron. I did have some experience with leds and the sorts though. It's not that hard.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what version wii do you have? honestly, if it's one of the earlier ones, it's probably the easiest console to mod hardware wise. just be diligent and don't rush if you're unexperienced. and stick to cooler soldering irons to lessen chance of disaster.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Did mine myself with a 12W Iron. I had coffee earlier that day so that didn't help as I was jittering so much, the flux sucked and the solder wasn't sticking in places.

It took me opening it up about 3 times about about 3 hours to get it right, but it wasn't too difficult, especially on an older Wii.

For any of the new versions with the D2C, don't even think about doing it yourself if you're a n00b!

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alcohol helped me a lot when trying to rebuild the legs. when i try to focus my hand, it shakes too much.
i had to redo it a second time because i was drunk one night and thought the rebuild undid itself so i ripped off the wires (turns out i had the disc in upside down)

that said, the second time, i took a bad approach to rebuilding and spent hours. i could definitely tell when the alcohol wore off since after about an hour or so, i started shaking again real bad and kept bridging the wires. in the end, i just shaved the package with a knife and did it that way

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So negative
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hello everyone
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BakerMan what systems do you have
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are your favorite games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what are you currently playing?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    Just started God of War 2 on the PS2
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    why we saying hello again for?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, cuz you both werent here
    +1
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
    S @ salazarcosplay: so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine