Hardware Did Nintendo Actually Make Region Free 3DS?

dman777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in the USA. I was going to buy a stock Cosmo black 3DS. It saids it is region free. How is that possible if it is not hacked? Did Nintendo actually make region free 3ds? And will it play the US games with no issues?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Actually, technically speaking all 3DS systems are originally region free, then they have the region's FW put on them, so there's a small chance it's a console that hasn't had the OFW put onto it yet, it's once you put that on the system the region lock happens, easier to mass produce if the only change they need to do is install a different OS in each one after all instead of tweak hardwares and that's also why you can change regions that easily with CFW by simply changing the OFW. SOME of these WERE once actually sold back when the 3DS first came out.

Although 99% it's just either a fake and it's just a normal 3DS with lies on the store page or just CFWed to work as if it was region free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)