Hacking Did I totally bork my rxPasta setup?

zhdarkstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my 4.X O3DS, I got DevMenu to successfully transfer and boot into rxPasta without issue. After verifying that I was in RX-E mode, I updated the emuNAND to 9.8. When I rebooted into emuNAND, DevMenu was gone. Then it disappeared from sysNAND. Now I can't get ctrclient to send it again. I keep getting the following results.

Command-index: 1
Result-code: c8a0802b
Write pos: 3ffc0

I've tried reformatting emuNAND, restoring from NAND backups and updating via cartridge just to downgrade, but nothing seems to work. Have I screwed up my backup 3DS in trying to make a Player-2 system?

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What did you use to install devmenu, Palentine-cfw or PBT-cfw? Have you reinstalled these before trying to use ctrclient?

Some people have issues with ctrclient, but if you haven't changed anything in your router/network setup and you are using your 3DS' current local IP (it may have changed) in run.bat then the issue might be with your 3DS' firmware version after downgrading. Not sure what you could do if your firmware version was now incompatible, at least not without spending money.

I think you could buy a game with the 4.5.0 update, but I don't think that would update the browser so it might not help. A gateway or cubic ninja/ninjhax might be able to help too, but I'm not certain of the firmware compatibilities for those.

zhdarkstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS was originally at 4.5.0-8U, and the update/downgrade put the 3DS up to 6.2.0-8U and back down to 4.2.0-9U. I used TRICK's boot sysnand option to install DevMenu, which I had done with success on another O3DS prior to this one.

EDIT: Also set the 3DS to a static local IP, and now ctrclient doesn't even connect to the 3DS.

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Create a new title.db and import.db again and put it in SD:\Nintendo 3DS\blabla\blabla\dbs
Then go to settings>data management>3DS>software and the corrupted thing should come up. After that you should be able to install devmenu again
EDIT: Added more info

Last edited by jernk,

zhdarkstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to try that. If it works, what should I do regarding updating the emunand? I don't want to have to go through this headache again, but at the same time part of the main reason I'm installing rxPasta is to be able to play 7.x encrypted games like SSB4.

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to try that. If it works, what should I do regarding updating the emunand? I don't want to have to go through this headache again, but at the same time part of the main reason I'm installing rxPasta is to be able to play 7.x encrypted games like SSB4.
I guess you should install FBI, enter it, change the install location to NAND and install devmenu/BBM again. Don't quote me on this since I've never encountered this problem

zhdarkstar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out what I did wrong after all that sent me on this spiral of madness...and it's a really simple mistake too...

I forgot to recopy the SD contents after formatting emunand. All is working as it should be and emunand was updated to 9.8 without issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?