Did I mess up my Acekard2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by captainphatty, May 11, 2012.

May 11, 2012
  1. captainphatty
    OP

Newcomer captainphatty Newbie

United States
    I just got a DSi that has 1.4U firmware loaded. I stuck my Acekard2i in it right away, the DSi didn't see the card at all. I figured I needed to update the firmware. I grab the latest firmware download from the Acekard website, and put back in the DSi. Still nothing. I updated AKAIO to 1.8.9, and the DSi saw my card. I tried opening the firmware .nds file, it didn't do anything. I realize that I should have been doing this on my DS Lite, but I was unware that I needed to.

Now anytime I put my cart into either system, AKAIO will load (or other menus, tried those too) but the .nds files are not seen. All I get is a MicroSD icon that does nothing when you click on it. What should I do?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Sounds like a contact issue between the 2i and the SD, or a damaged/dying SD.

3. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Try downloading the Panasonic SD card Reader.

Format the SD card with that and re put the roms in. It should work then.

4. captainphatty
    OP

Newcomer captainphatty Newbie

United States
    I tried formatted the SD card, no change. I also tried a different SD card, same issue. I can tell the SD Card is being read, because the different AKAIO versions are being displayed (I tried a few older versions just in case). Each time AKAIO loads, it just shows a picture of the SD Card, but nothing happens if you click it.