Hardware Did I Just Brick My Wii?

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! First of all, I have a chipped Wii w/WiiKey 2 installed. I have been trying to figure out how to get 2 partitions in which I could have one for movies & music & the other for USB Loader & playing games. I finally figured it out that I needed to format one for WBFS & the other for FAT32. I formatted both partitions to what's needed. I then placed my movie & music files onto the FAT32 partition. I then copied my games to the WFBS partition from Windows.

I took the USB HDD to the Wii. I then launched Homebrew Channel to run UniiLoader v0.6 just to check it out compared to USB Loader. I got a black screen with nothing. I then tried to restart the Wii but there's no response whatsoever. I unplugged the console & then tried to turn it back on without any success. There's no response at all by the Wii now. What happened to the darn thing? I didn't run any games for this to happen. I was just trying to see what the UniiLoader program was like in reading the games from the USB HDD. This is a new Nintendo Wii that I bought chipped from a good source. Is my Wii shot now? Please tell me different. I paid too much for this to happen. It's less than a month old but haven't used it up until the last couple days due to my father's passing. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tonybologna said:
Hey guys! First of all, I have a chipped Wii w/WiiKey 2 installed. I have been trying to figure out how to get 2 partitions in which I could have one for movies & music & the other for USB Loader & playing games. I finally figured it out that I needed to format one for WBFS & the other for FAT32. I formatted both partitions to what's needed. I then placed my movie & music files onto the FAT32 partition. I then copied my games to the WFBS partition from Windows.

I took the USB HDD to the Wii. I then launched Homebrew Channel to run UniiLoader v0.6 just to check it out compared to USB Loader. I got a black screen with nothing. I then tried to restart the Wii but there's no response whatsoever. I unplugged the console & then tried to turn it back on without any success. There's no response at all by the Wii now. What happened to the darn thing? I didn't run any games for this to happen. I was just trying to see what the UniiLoader program was like in reading the games from the USB HDD. This is a new Nintendo Wii that I bought chipped from a good source. Is my Wii shot now? Please tell me different. I paid too much for this to happen. It's less than a month old but haven't used it up until the last couple days due to my father's passing. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif
yes.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junker_man32 said:
tonybologna said:

rolleyes.gif
yes.

Well, we both are wrong in our thinking. I unplugged everything & left it setting for a while. It appears to be back working again. I don't like what I seen but hopefully it wasn't anything major. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-