Hacking Did I get a Fake ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I just got the Acekard 2 I ordered for a friend and its pretty much different than mine !
the package is the same as the one i have (and the seller as well) but some things are different.

1. the lable on his one shines in rainbow colors when held into light my doesn't
2. at the back side where the card connects with the DS the card has different color ... his is dark green and my is a bright green colour
3. when inserting the microSD his has the same mechanism as the DS that you have to push the microSD far in and feel that it snapped, my doesn't have this.

and well my card just now crashed in yugioh -.-V (dunno if this happens from time to time or if it is not normal)

so did i maybe got a fake ?

// both acekards are Acekard2 2.1

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think yours is one of the "Forest Green" lines of AK2, and as such is genuine. YuGiOh crashing, unless that's already on the AKAIO Bugdar is probably due to your MicroSD.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there are no known fake acekards. as trolleydave asked does it run the 1 of the firmwares? drop on akaio and give it a boot... the only known issues have been dstt and edge cards shipping with the wrong sticker on them. but if it boots the right firmware, its the right card. i have an ak2 *fixed* and a few others with different colored pcbs. they all have shiny stickers, going back to my rpg. i've never seen one with a 'flat' sticker that does not shine in rainbow against the light.

-another world

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah i am using official firmware.

so its definietly no fake ... good to hear.

was just wondering how his can be so much different ... he even noticed some more differences in the cards hull.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
after the ak2 problem the kit was redesigned. first the 2.1 showed up, which was the original ak2 *fixed* of the fat errors. then the black pcb came about which has a new controller chip and a new design so it can never suffer from the fat errors. later a forest green pcb of the same design showed up. the blue pcb was eventually shipped after this with a new case and no spring. the black/forest green pcbs are also showing up in this new case without the spring.

acekard is a team always trying to do something better with their kits. that is why you see so many variations.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL