Hacking Did I buy an Acekard for nothing? :(

D

Deleted User

BobTheJoeBob said:
Takeshi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
do you people know the definition of ironic? i said that because in the ds series it is the 4th even though it is called 3ds and i know that its called 3ds because of the fact that its 3d but that's what makes it ironic.
Well, technically it'd be the fifth.
wink.gif

edit: I'm really too slow.
biggrin.gif
Also, I was referring to DS systems only.
like i said to the other guy im talking about the ds generation not the nintendo handheld generation
Like => DS, DS lite, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS

But enough of this now, back on topic:
I don't think buying a DS is a waste of money, though. I think that it will take quite some time until there's a flashcart working with the 3DS. Nintendo hasn't done anything other than trying to integrate AP into the games and is maybe saving a new and improved firmware block for this new generation.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Takeshi said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
do you people know the definition of ironic? i said that because in the ds series it is the 4th even though it is called 3ds and i know that its called 3ds because of the fact that its 3d but that's what makes it ironic.
Well, technically it'd be the fifth.
wink.gif

edit: I'm really too slow.
biggrin.gif
Also, I was referring to DS systems only.
like i said to the other guy im talking about the ds generation not the nintendo handheld generation

That's all very well, but until more technical details are released you have no idea if it's of the same generation as the DS or is the beginning of a new generation. I just can't see a tweak of DS generation holding up for another 6 years simply with a Gyroscope / 3D screen added on.

For 3D I would want a screen atleast the size of the XL's.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all a question of preference

if you want to update your card and don't want to play GBA games, get a DSi

if you just want to play NDS and GBA games and don't need a camera, get a DSlite and an EZflash3in1

if you are confident that the cards will still work on the 3DS, then wait....doubt they will though

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
once again this is wrong by your logic of going by DS series then it would be DS Phat,DS Lite,DSi,DSiXL then 3DS so it would be 5th...even though its an entirely different hand held...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leet said:
Should I wait? Or buy DSi?
Well, it's going to be a long wait. Even then you don't know how the 3DS will turn out.

If it were me i'd get a DS lite now, and then see how the 3DS goes. If all you are doing is using an Acekard, then there's no real benefit in getting a DSi unless they are very similar in price.

If they are including backwards compatibilty then I imagine Nintendo are confident they will be able to block DS flashcarts from being used to play DS games. Probably just like they were confident the 1.4FW update would block them.

computarman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think even if Nintendo comes out with a new DS that the current system has huge numbers and huge popularity and will be around another 2 or 3 years. I can't understand why you would sweat a small purchase of an AK where you would go darn nintendo just announced the DS2 and I spent my $13 all for nothing.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
i'm still not sure if thats ironic or not, but if i order one, and when i open the box, instead of a nintendo device i actually find three letter d's, i'll let ya know.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
you didn't waste your money, unless you got ripped off on the AK2i.

the 3DS isnt coming out for at least another year, and that's the JAPAN release date. not the rest of the world, which may have to wait 3 months or more extra. So between today and the release of the 3DS, are you planning to play/buy a single game? if so, you just saved money by getting the ak2i, because you'll save more than you'd spend buying a game.

unopepito06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, just buy the DSi at a big-box retailer and get the extended warranty (preferably 2 years). Then, when the new one comes out, or is about to come out, take the DSi back and tell them the battery no longer holds as much charge as it used to (which will be true, a year down the line the battery will be less efficient than when you first bought it), they have no way to check, so they should reissue you your cash back, or a store credit.

Of course you'll need to check around at some different stores as to the return policy, and whether they will give you money/credit back (just don't buy it at "that" game store).

Problem solved, and you're within the specifications of the warranty (again, depending on where you buy it, all extended warranties differ).

leet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the answers guys.

But I am buying a brand new DSi from someone, for 135$, it's brand new.

D

Deleted User

That's a good deal. Have fun with it!
smile.gif

computarman said:
I think even if Nintendo comes out with a new DS that the current system has huge numbers and huge popularity and will be around another 2 or 3 years. I can't understand why you would sweat a small purchase of an AK where you would go darn nintendo just announced the DS2 and I spent my $13 all for nothing.
It was because he didn't have a DS when the topic was started.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol