Hacking Did i break my DSL screen when i changed my shell?

Onyxflamegod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering if I permanently ruined it, or if I just put it back together a little off, or what...

I got it back together just fine and it all works, and nothing broke, the only thing that happened is my top screen is faded and has less color to it. But, this was my first shell change, and I'm not sure about things that can go wrong and what the actual problems are due to my lack of experience. Anybody that could tell me what happened, I would appreciate it greatly.

P.S. If i posted this in the wrong section, I'm sorry. It made sense to post this in NDS hardware.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should try taking it back apart and plug the ribbon back in to the motherboard see if that helps it needs lockin down with the latch aswell iv never changed a case but iv just orderd a new black case for my ds lite i hope it goes well lol....did u get the little four plastic screw covers that go on the inside next to the top screen with ur new case

Onyxflamegod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was tinkering with it and I'm 95% sure that it was the ribbon connecting the top screen to the motherboard. I'm just not motivated enough to fix it ATM. I know its not permanent because the screen flickered when I hit the L button once.

Also, I'm not sure what part you mean. If you mean covers to the little 4 screws in the front of the DSL, the ones that are around the top screen when you are looking at it, then yes, I got those. I'm pretty sure it came with everything but the screwdrivers. It even came with L/R springs.

and if it helps, i got this case. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10858

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree I would take it back apart, you might not have connected it good enough, worst case if you did brake it at least its not a part that needs to be soldered.

Also I have the same shell just went with the clear blue one.. nice choice in shell's
gbasp.gif

Onyxflamegod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not currently have any pictures of it, nor do I have access to a camera ATM, but I'm getting some pics to show other people, I suppose i can pose them here when I finally get them. ^^ it may be a couple days though.

My next project involves actually soldering a bit. I am refurbishing my friends Broken DSL, but in addition, I am also going to [attempt] change the LED's in it to blue and purple (if they have those colors...) as well. And for the case, it'll be a mix of two transparent shells. the outer part will be black, and the inner will be blue. (I'll probably made one with the colors the other way around with the extra 2 half of the shells)

I am not too sure where to get LED's though. I've been looking. If anybody could help me out with that, that would be awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY