Homebrew Did I accidentally brick my wii u?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rather not have coldbooting incase I do something stupid. Since the Wii U is very easily brickable, I rather not do something dumb.

Also it's recommended to try booting Haxchi before doing a coldboot install incase something went wrong.
It is totally safe to install CBHC if you have a legit game. The only brick that can happen now is formating with cbhc. Everything else is protected against

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes, I read your quote fine. I can easily live by just pressing A on my Wii U controller ;)

Btw OP. If you had followed the guide and actually read what it said on FIX94's github, that actually links to a GBATemp thread. He say there himself;
Please ONLY INSTALL THIS if you already have the normal Haxchi installed and know that it works perfectly, just install it over your existing Haxchi installation, again, DO NOT INSTALL IT from a freshly downloaded, never started/tested game or you may brick. Also ONLY INSTALL THIS IF THE DS VC IS BOUGHT FROM THE ESHOP ON THAT CONSOLE AND ON NAND AND YOU HAVE NO USB CONNECTED WHEN USING THE INSTALLER.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I rather not have coldbooting incase I do something stupid. Since the Wii U is very easily brickable, I rather not do something dumb.

Also it's recommended to try booting Haxchi before doing a coldboot install incase something went wrong.
Yeah, I did and it seemed like everything was alright

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You could never been able to boot Haxchi on a pirated VC DS since the signature patches aren't in place.

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I broke 2 Wii U. error code 160 1400. Is the brick code I got for both of them. Black screen of death. My first broke because it crashed on USB loader GX. 2nd time I got my Wii U free with smash bros lol and it was outdated so I was able to mod it for the first time before 5.5.1 was available for mods. It broke while loading loadiine with bad connection. The error code says ''problem with disc drive'' I actually took the time to replace disc drives but keeping the logic board so the wii u sees it. But nope BROKE STILL BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH. Bought a used Wii U for 99 bucks. no gamepad nor cables. cause why do i need that? lol Already have those. And the awesome kicker is, it was actually brand new. Was rarely used. 6 months old. Go donate plasma. Btw. If your Wii U still on warrant you can get Nintendo to fix it free if you have nothing to hide on your Wii U, it's 100 bucks if it's over warrant. I just bought a new one. Having no Wii U is hell for me

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps4 and I have a heart condition and life been pretty bad for me. Ps4 honestly sucks. I even stop paying for ps plus. the browser sucks. Ps4 best console i get it. Dark Souls I love dark souls, but when you're in my situation you just wanna relax and chill. The Wii U browser is perfect because you can even change it to android tablet ipad iphone etc, doing this lets you youtube or watch anything on any websites on tv and gamepad. Netflix too. Wii games gamecube games. Now Wii U games and emulators you can relax and play. I have a moded xbox that can do this but with the Wii U, you can take it around the house. It's pretty chill and when you don't have it you start to remember why the Wii U was awesome. Not the best but worth atleast 99 bucks. I'm greatful for it lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps4 and I have a heart condition and life been pretty bad for me. Ps4 honestly sucks. I even stop paying for ps plus. the browser sucks. Ps4 best console i get it. Dark Souls I love dark souls, but when you're in my situation you just wanna relax and chill. The Wii U browser is perfect because you can even change it to android tablet ipad iphone etc, doing this lets you youtube or watch anything on any websites on tv and gamepad. Netflix too. Wii games gamecube games. Now Wii U games and emulators you can relax and play. I have a moded xbox that can do this but with the Wii U, you can take it around the house. It's pretty chill and when you don't have it you start to remember why the Wii U was awesome. Not the best but worth atleast 99 bucks. I'm greatful for it lol.

ur not alone. I don't play my ps4, ps3, 360, or vita at all. it's mostly the wii u and the ps2 for me.

Reactions: CrazySquid

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's dead forever
wiiu-brick.jpg

RIP-Wii-U.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can backup,
http://www.wiiubru.com/rip/
See some of them did
Yeah but can you fix your Wii U in the future if it bricks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.