• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

DHS, FBI say election systems in all 50 states were targeted in 2016

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 3,333
  • Replies 44
  • Likes 3

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In previous reports, only 21 states had been confirmed targets of Russian hacking efforts.

https://arstechnica.com/information...n-systems-in-50-states-were-targeted-in-2016/

This definitely raises the level of concern for the upcoming 2020 election, especially because we know nothing is being done in an attempt to combat these efforts.

You have to love the attention given to Russia and not the entire rest of the world that also wants to destroy our way of life.It's not surprising and after reading articles on how RDP is actually implemented into the voting machines it only makes you wonder what sort of crack they were smoking when making them.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You have to love the attention given to Russia and not the entire rest of the world that also wants to destroy our way of life.It's not surprising and after reading articles on how RDP is actually implemented into the voting machines it only makes you wonder what sort of crack they were smoking when making them.
A lot of attention is often given to China, as well. There was just recently that incident where a Chinese lady was apprehended while heading for Mar-a-Lago with malware on her person.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People are still going on about the Russian hacks three years later? What exactly will it solve? Not like we can go back in time and undo the election :lol:
If by "people," you mean the DHS and FBI, as it's their job to protect the integrity of our elections, then yes. Unfortunately I think you're right that it does no good at this moment, but that's only because of who's in office. Any other administration would take such a threat from one of our biggest foreign adversaries seriously, and act accordingly.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This definitely raises the level of concern for the upcoming 2020 election, especially because we know nothing is being done in an attempt to combat these efforts.

It's fine, the attacks were obviously all trying to inflate Hilary's vote and Trump still won as he is a stable genius.

People are still going on about the Russian hacks three years later? What exactly will it solve? Not like we can go back in time and undo the election :lol:

Yeah, I don't know why they bother trying to improve reliability of votes. Just let the person who cares enough to rig the vote to win.

Last edited by smf,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly will it solve?
To set a precedent.
I really hate being unoriginal, but, " Fool me once.."
I sincerely wish Tronald Dump knows he's pure garbage in 2020 from the *fact* no one likes him and he has no power. TG that "Presidential protection"-thing ended with Obammer for that piece of orange trash.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You have to love the attention given to Russia and not the entire rest of the world that also wants to destroy our way of life.
Erm... Can I plead innocence on this, or is this a "I say it and therefore I don't have to prove anything" sort of statement? :P

Reactions: Xzi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what happened there. My daughter slapped me in the face and it posted a partial post 5 times lol anyway what I was going to say was:

Between this and all the dead and undocumented people voting Democrat, it's no wonder so many people are starting to realize that voting doesn't change anything (except in maybe state and local elections). I wonder what would happen if literally nobody turned up to the polls? They'd probably just keep on with the show as if we had a record turnout lol. Really makes you wonder what actually happens behind the scenes and if the National elections are just for show. That's the case for North Korea and Isreal, the only difference there is they make it obvious because the same guy wins the election every time, and there is no drama or close calls.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Between this and all the dead and undocumented people voting Democrat
There's no evidence to support either of these ridiculous claims. Registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans by a decent margin, so when Democrats get their people to show up to elections, plus enough to overcome gerrymandering and other underhanded tactics, they win. It's really that simple.

The only recent documented case of large-scale election fraud was committed by the Republican candidate in North Carolina. He literally hired people to stuff absentee ballot boxes with fake votes.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's no evidence to support either of these ridiculous claims. Registered Democrats outnumber registered Republicans by a decent margin, so when Democrats get their people to show up to elections, plus enough to overcome gerrymandering and other underhanded tactics, they win. It's really that simple.

The only recent documented case of large-scale election fraud was committed by the Republican candidate in North Carolina. He literally hired people to stuff absentee ballot boxes with fake votes.
We both know that's not true, and we have Project Veritas to thank for video evidence.

As for voter fraud, you'll have to define what you mean by "large scale". Voter fraud is actually relatively common and not limited to presidential elections. The Heritage Foundation is quite diligent in tracking all instances of voter fraud that hit the news, I see a lot of criminal convictions on that list. The methods of choice seem to be voter impersonation (that's your "dead voters") and absentee ballot abuse, but there's no shortage of "voting by aliens", which is the legal term for ballots cast by noncitizens, punishable under 18 USC § 611.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud

I have zero doubt that there are bad actors involved in the voting process, how widespread it is is for the law enforcement to determine.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We both know that's not true, and we have Project Veritas to thank for video evidence.
Weren't those the guys widely known for editing/doctoring videos to fit their agenda? Or am I thinking of another outlet?

I have zero doubt that there are bad actors involved in the voting process, how widespread it is is for law enforcement to determine.
Indeed, the numbers are publicly available. After a review of the 2016 federal election, exactly four cases of voter fraud were found. Not all in favor of Clinton, naturally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...udulent/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a4c94dd21dc0

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And in spite of all the hacking, hillary STILL lost. :) Not that the lying POS, orange clown, zionist puppet we have now is any better. After all, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE! AIR?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Weren't those the guys widely known for editing/doctoring videos to fit their agenda? Or am I thinking of another outlet?
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Snopes. :D
Indeed, the numbers are publicly available. After a review of the 2016 federal election, exactly four cases of voter fraud were found. Not all in favor of Clinton, naturally.
I'm not particularly worried about the few that were found, I'm worried about the ones that weren't, especially considering the fact that the anti-Trump bias is running strong in the F.B.I., as we found out in the Strzok case, among others. It's all a bit of a mess right now, we probably won't know the full extent of the vote manipulation that took place for many years.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's fine, the attacks were obviously all trying to inflate Hilary's vote and Trump still won as he is a stable genius.

Yeah, I don't know why they bother trying to improve reliability of votes. Just let the person who cares enough to rig the vote to win.
There was a conspiracy theory at the time that since people thought him running republican was a joke, since Trump donated to Hillary Clinton in the past they were accusing him of colluding with Clinton to make Republicans look bad.

Trump won because Hillary and the DNC propped him up. She is the reason he won.

In the Podesta Emails that Wikileaks released, one called "Muddying the Waters", the DNC before the 2016 elections wanted Hillary to be the Democratic nominee. But they had polling data that since people hated her so much a republican would win the election. So they wanted "Pied Piper" candidates. Some bumbling idiot that they can prop up and make them the representative and primary nominee of the Republican Party, so they can accuse all Republicans of being like this idiot. And make Hillary look good in comparison so she could win the election. Trump was there choice.

So they got the mainstream media to constantly talk about Trump, and attack Trump to make republicans look bad. But the plan back fired, time and time again it has been shown in studies that the person to get to most news coverage is the one that wins election. They are the reason Trump won.

They then lumped the Russia Conspiracy Theory on him to try to destroy him. They also launched the Russia Conspiracy Theory on Assange because he was releasing information on the corruption of the DNC. They were basically launching it on people they didn't like to discredit them, for propaganda.

Last edited by SG854,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Snopes. :D
Nah I found what I was thinking about: Veritas tried to pitch a false story with doctored video evidence to multiple outlets, and were caught red-handed.

I'm not particularly worried about the few that were found, I'm worried about the ones that weren't, especially considering the fact that the anti-Trump bias is running strong in the F.B.I., as we found out in the Strzok case, among others. It's all a bit of a mess right now, we probably won't know the full extent of the vote manipulation that took place for many years.
Uh-huh. Yet the FBI is a traditionally conservative organization, and I specifically remember reporting of the FBI being 'Trumplandia' close to the election. Not to mention Comey wittingly or unwittingly helping Trump out.

There is no cover-up here, and I'm not sure how you think anybody could "easily" commit voter fraud. The easiest method is through the use of absentee ballots, as was the case for Mark Harris in North Carolina, but even then you're likely to be detected because the county knows exactly how many voters are registered to vote by absentee ballot.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nah I found what I was thinking about: Veritas tried to pitch a false story with doctored video evidence to multiple outlets, and were caught red-handed.
O'Keefe's explanation seems perfectly reasonable to me - using deception to extract comments is and always has been their modus operandi. According to him, there was never any intention to "plant a fake story", rather to bait reporters with a fake rape victim. He assumed they would jump on the case, given the revelations regarding Moore. I'll have to look into it a bit further.
Uh-huh. Yet the FBI is a traditionally conservative organization, and I specifically remember reporting of the FBI being 'Trumplandia' close to the election. Not to mention Comey wittingly or unwittingly helping Trump out.

There is no cover-up here, and I'm not sure how you think anybody could "easily" commit voter fraud. The easiest method is through the use of absentee ballots, as was the case for Mark Harris in North Carolina, but even then you're likely to be detected because the county knows exactly how many voters are registered to vote by absentee ballot.
Is that why the Attorney General is currently reviewing the pre-election F.B.I. probe into Trump? From the evidence I've seen it was biased from the start, but I guess that's open to more or less generous interpretation.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
using deception to extract comments is and always has been their modus operandi.
Which is not how any news organization or reputable organization operates. If they're willing to lie about one thing, they're willing to lie about everything.

Is that why the Attorney General is currently reviewing the pre-election F.B.I. probe into Trump? From the evidence I've seen it was biased from the start, but I guess that's open to more or less generous interpretation.
Any AG worth a damn doesn't make claims like those without evidence. Barr has lost all legitimate claim to impartiality in the eyes of the public as a result. And he has the nerve to make those comments before he's willing to release any part of the Mueller report to Congress or the public. Tsk tsk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated