Homebrew Question [DevKitPro] Example Make Output Files

blahh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to DevKitPro and just have a quick question regarding the (example) make output files.

Specifically, when I compile the switch-dev examples I have all these files and not 100% certain which are to be deployed to the switch, and which are intermediate files, etc..

ELF - intermediate file created by the c complier? (not needed for hbl?)
NACP
- optional hbl app metadata. how do some hb apps have this info embedded in their NRO? (make file setting?)
NRO - switch library (dll equivalent)? this is required right?
NSO - switch executable (exe equivalent)? (never seen these used.. doesn't seem to be needed.. why is it created/what is the purpose?)
PFS0 - ??? no idea!

Thanks very much.

blahh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.nro is your executable, chuck it in /switch/ on your SD card and hbmenu should find it

i've been able to do that, but for what its worth, the Reswitched Wiki says NSO is EXE equivalent, and NRO is DLL equivalent (https://reswitched.tech/software/fileformats/start).

either way, i'm curious why devkitpro produces both and whats the point of having the NSO even created, what could it be used for.

cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol