• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reached disc 2 on FF7 and I can't seem to get it to detect my save file for disc 1..is it not possible to play these long RPGs with multiple discs? Hopefully i'm doing something wrong

Reactions: Deleted User

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reached disc 2 on FF7 and I can't seem to get it to detect my save file for disc 1..is it not possible to play these long RPGs with multiple discs? Hopefully i'm doing something wrong
You could locate your savefile (sd:\retroarch\cores\savefiles\) and rename it (without the extension) from the first disc's name to the second disc's (however the discs are named on your end).
Do it with NX shell. At least that's a workaround.

The joycons work very well. Just adjust the controls on keyboard + mouse and put the keys you want.
Did you try Raptor: Call of the Shadows by any chance? :P
I guess you can't emulate the mouse (by an analog stick) right now?

Ron4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try Raptor: Call of the Shadows by any chance? :P
I guess you can't emulate the mouse (by an analog stick) right now?

I have not tried it but I tried Populous that works with the mouse. The mouse is emulated with the right joystick.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And thats why u use m3u's

Forbidden76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I searched the forum but cannot find a answer.
How do I rotate the screen in MAME?
Pac Man, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong and other vertical games are playing horizontal.
TIA

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I searched the forum but cannot find a answer.
How do I rotate the screen in MAME?
Pac Man, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong and other vertical games are playing horizontal.
TIA
You can use pfba for these games or wait until rotation is fixed.
Personally, for MAME rotation and old computer cores that do not have little to no current support like Amiga (P-UAE), Spectrum(Fuse) and C64(Vice) I still use my Vita
but look forward to the day when these 3 and MAME (rotation) are available on the Switch.

Last edited by snoofly,

Forbidden76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can use pfba for these games or wait until rotation is fixed.
Personally, for MAME rotation and old computer cores that do not have little to no current support like Amiga (P-UAE), Spectrum(Fuse) and C64(Vice) I still use my Vita
but look forward to the day when these 3 and MAME (rotation) are available on the Switch.

Thanks for the info.
Yes somehow I fixed it on Mame on my Vita as well so I thought I was just overlooking a setting in Retroarch.
You would think the rotation feature would be a big priority for the Devs.
Otherwise I have no complaints. I was expecting a whole lot of bugs with the Switch and surprisingly every game I play is smooth as butter.
Playing Road Rash II on Genesis and WrestleFest and Combat Tribes on Mame bring back a lot of memories for me :)
Keep up the good work Devs!

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info.
Yes somehow I fixed it on Mame on my Vita as well so I thought I was just overlooking a setting in Retroarch.
You would think the rotation feature would be a big priority for the Devs.
Otherwise I have no complaints. I was expecting a whole lot of bugs with the Switch and surprisingly every game I play is smooth as butter.
Playing Road Rash II on Genesis and WrestleFest and Combat Tribes on Mame bring back a lot of memories for me :)
Keep up the good work Devs!
Agree with the sentiment.
I also feel lack of rotation on the Switch port is a big deal but hey, I can't complain as it's all provided for free off the work of others not me.
Just use pfba for now for your old skool vertical arcade fixes.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are kind of playlist files (containing all discs) and by using them the savegames are being named after the M3U's name, correct?
Thanks for explaining that, first I've heard of an "M3U" file. Would have been nice to know before reaching the end of disc 1 ;P

Last edited by Cencil,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
that's exactly what i am doing and still can't get to type numbers
it kinda works but its very uncomfortable, you need to enable "both players control menus" in input settings and then map buttons to each joycon, but you wont be able to use joycons LB and RB cos retroach doesn't let you map them

dmg5596

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroNX works fine, but it doesn't recognize any of my roms or bin files. It just says "no items". What would I have to do to get them to be recognized. Thank you for all the work you've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work