• Likes 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small issue trying to run Sonic CD. Game loads and plays fine, but the only audio I’m getting is the sound of ring collection. No background music is playing. Any ideas of a fix, or is this normal right now?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Small issue trying to run Sonic CD. Game loads and plays fine, but the only audio I’m getting is the sound of ring collection. No background music is playing. Any ideas of a fix, or is this normal right now?
That happens when your .cue file is incorrect or the audio is in the wrong format.

But CD audio support seems to be broken anyway. I have a correctly formatted file which works with the audio on the PC build, but it just says ‘failed to load content’ when using hekate and crashes the console entirely when using SX.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happens when your .cue file is incorrect or the audio is in the wrong format.

But CD audio support seems to be broken anyway. I have a correctly formatted file which works with the audio on the PC build, but it just says ‘failed to load content’ when using hekate and crashes the console entirely when using SX.

Interesting. I’m using the same rip on the vita without issues, so I was thinking it was a problem specific to this build.

zenjiki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this emulator, awesome work and thank you! Question about the retroarch menu not having a nice background picture... When I'm using some cores like SNES when I go into retroarch menu, the menu has the nice background picture. The same background picture when retroarch NX boots up. But when I'm using some cores like fba core, the retroarch menu is just plain black background and green fonts. Did I mess something up or are just some cores like that? If I did mess it up, how do I fix it.

Also does retroarch NX support graphic filters like the ones on the computer?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Love this emulator, awesome work and thank you! Question about the retroarch menu not having a nice background picture... When I'm using some cores like SNES when I go into retroarch menu, the menu has the nice background picture. The same background picture when retroarch NX boots up. But when I'm using some cores like fba core, the retroarch menu is just plain black background and green fonts. Did I mess something up or are just some cores like that? If I did mess it up, how do I fix it.

Also does retroarch NX support graphic filters like the ones on the computer?

Those builds are probably outdated (fba core). I am just working on getting the infrastructure up2date (again).
Try: https://git.m4xw.net/Switch/RetroArch/fbalpha/-/jobs/1750

Place NRO in the Core/switch folder

Reactions: lordelan
D

Deleted-351540

I have a question that's probably been answered already...

Everyone keeps saying that L3+R3 are used to bring up the Retroarch quick menu, but for me it's + and -. Why?

D

Deleted-351540

You dont use our bundled retroarch config
But I am, I think. Everytime you've posted a new build I have nuked the copy on my SD card and copied over everything from that new build to my SD card.

Could PSNES be causing it?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But I am, I think. Everytime you've posted a new build I have nuked the copy on my SD card and copied over everything from that new build to my SD card.

Could PSNES be causing it?
Do you have a config in the same folder as the NRO by chance?

D

Deleted-351540

Do you have a config in the same folder as the NRO by chance?
The RA NRO or the PSNES NRO?

Neither, though. Configs are stored in the Retroarch folder on the root of the SD card. And I just uninstalled PSNES hoping that would solve it and it didn't. (I don't use it anyway)

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The RA NRO or the PSNES NRO?

Neither, though. Configs are stored in the Retroarch folder on the root of the SD card. And I just uninstalled PSNES hoping that would solve it and it didn't. (I don't use it anyway)
Something's funky on your end

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont use our bundled retroarch config

I've def had this issue (discussed it for a bit in the discord actually) for a couple weeks now. Followed instruction in the Read Me, gutted previous versions of retroarch. exFat on my end as well. I'm not complaining - I love this software. Just giving a head sup that this is the case for me as well.

+/- work. L3 + R3 never have. Odd.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
psx.jpg

Guess @lifajucejo pcsx build, outperforms beetle psx by a lot.

D

Deleted-351540

I've def had this issue (discussed it for a bit in the discord actually) for a couple weeks now. Followed instruction in the Read Me, gutted previous versions of retroarch. exFat on my end as well. I'm not complaining - I love this software. Just giving a head sup that this is the case for me as well.

+/- work. L3 + R3 never have. Odd.
Odd. I'm also exFAT and have this issue. Have ever since I started trying Retroarch (the first Salamander build).

I'm not complaining, though. It works. It can be a pain in the butt on certain games though. (For example, I used to push and hold Start and Select in Super Mario World for SNES to exit a level, but now I've trained myself to pause and then hit select instead.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7