m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't take me wrong, RetroNX's GUI looks pretty Kick-Ass!!! And you can easily left space for thumbnails, just saying that thumbnails or some sort of cover flow is a "must-have" for an emulator frontend.

Enviado desde mi LG-X240 mediante Tapatalk

Let me do my work first, then we talk ;)

Peabutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is any work being done on the PSXRearmed or any other PSOne emulator?

No, not right now. Mesa is being worked on currently by Armada. It will all come in due time after that is finished. It's the same reason we don't have N64 yet. We need those graphics drivers. Soon™

Reactions: Azel

chrisw80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having issues with save states not working and save files being corrupted? So far this affects Genesis plus GX and VBA. Haven't tested the others as much.

Twistedziefer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, that still isn't working and I tried the link the that @Twistedziefer sent to the same result, so I'll just wait until it becomes easier to use and clearer. I don't mind waiting.
Theres no reason to wait its very simple follow my instructions.

Settings > Video > Aspect Ratio = Custom
Scroll down
Interger Scale = off

and now you will have a fullscreen game!

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at 3.0.0 reswitched homebrew and offline i have no interest being online if i do the xci explore and cutter on nro games. Wii I need CFW to run the game or just straight from reswitched homebrew menu?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not finished, but first step

2018063002131100-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Beautiful but the background is static or dynamic?
right now its in romfs but it will be on the sd as filesize will be too big.

I cant use blending either, so I need to use cheap masking for now, that will make it a bit tricky, but that just means more fixed design stuff (especially because I want to give a feel of transparency)

But you could completly customize it

Different View modes etc can be added as stuff progresses.

Last edited by m4xw,

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Theres no reason to wait its very simple follow my instructions.
Settings > Video > Aspect Ratio = Custom
Scroll down
Interger Scale = off
and now you will have a fullscreen game!
Cool, this works and is an improvement, but what I'm looking for is that the vertical space of the screen is filled while preserving the aspect ratio. Like this:
4OWjjju.png

I can't figure out a way to do that

Reactions: Nin4one

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
I got my threaded Angrylion working for Parallel (figured out why it was locking up pretty easily actually, awful lazy casting was to blame), but I did a side-by-side test and it runs EXACTLY the same as the non-threaded version. I wasn't expecting too much, but nothing?? I may still be doing something wrong in my implementation, but the fact that it's running fine tells me otherwise. Whatever, I guess we'll just have to wait for hardware rendering to get better speeds.

Edit: I just realized that I may have forgot to re-enable the threaded Angrylion in my Makefile after I git stashed my changes at one point. It is pretty suspicious that my two builds ran exactly the same... Whoops.

Last edited by Hydr8gon,

Twistedziefer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, this works and is an improvement, but what I'm looking for is that the vertical space of the screen is filled while preserving the aspect ratio. Like this:
4OWjjju.png

I can't figure out a way to do that
Ya atm there is only stretching you can change the aspect ratio but it only stretches the original

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
@SeannyM Angrylion != HW acceleration
It's staying that way.
And please, for now, it's better we don't talk about Beetle or ParaLLEl at all.
Yes, I know Angrylion is a software renderer. I was the one who got the Parallel core compiled and running, you know... But there are two versions of Angrylion, one with threading and one without. I was trying to get the threaded version working mostly as a learning experience, I knew going in that it wasn't going to magically give us playable speeds. It didn't seem to do anything, so I'm just going to leave it until mesa is finished.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
In the meantime, here's a melonDS core. I compiled it a while back, but I thought it didn't work. Turns out it was because I had integer scaling on. It works, but slowly, as expected. I already have a melonDS repo on my GitHub with a native Switch port, so I put a patch file in the attached .zip if you want to compile the core. I pretty much just disabled the multiplayer stuff to make it compile. melonDS needs BIOS: bios7.bin, bios9.bin, and firmware.bin. I'll try to do DeSmuME at some point as well.

Attachments

• melonds.zip
    687.4 KB · Views: 87

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Aaaand here's DeSmuME. Whoops, that makes 3 posts in a row. Sorry! Figured I'd just do it now so I don't have to worry about it later. This one doesn't require BIOS, and has a lot of nice core options, including screen layout! :) Still don't expect fullspeed, though. Like melonDS, I included a patch in the .zip file if you want to compile yourself. And now, I will retreat back into the shadows...

Attachments

• desmume.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 90

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I want to say a HUGE thank you to all you guys working on these.

WOW...this is seriously cool. As an older gamer I am super grateful and would love to donate if I can.

Quick question: I was playing Castlevania in libretro-fceumm and I was trying to back out to the menu but could not. The + button worked to pause, but pushing the - button with the + did nothing. Is there a mapping setting I missed, or should that be default to back out to menu?

Last edited by Randall Stevens,
D

Deleted User

I want to say a HUGE thank you to all you guys working on these.

WOW...this is seriously cool. As an older gamer I am super grateful and would love to donate if I can.

Quick question: I was playing Castlevania in Pnes and I was trying to back out to the menu but could not. The + button worked to pause, but pushing the - button with the + did nothing. Is there a mapping setting I missed, or should that be default to back out to menu?
You might have an old config that uses left stick and right stick to bring up the start menu. I could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo