Status
Not open for further replies.

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroNX works fine, but it doesn't recognize any of my roms or bin files. It just says "no items". What would I have to do to get them to be recognized. Thank you for all the work you've done.

If you haven't figured it out, try this. I'm starting it like you've just downloaded the RetroNX bundle, so delete anything Retroarch related that you have on your card or just edit it, accordingly, since the Retroarch folder's going back on the root of your micro SD.

Unzip the RetroNX files you downloaded and you'll have Retroarch, Switch, and README.

Go into the solo Switch folder that unzipped and copy retroarch_switch.nro and put it in the switch folder you, already, created on your micro SD card for your other homebrews. Delete that Switch folder that came in the RetroNX zip when you're done.

Next, go into the retroarch folder, click on cores, copy/paste the Switch folder to your desktop/laptop then delete that Switch from the 'cores' section. Go through the list and copy/paste all the .nros of the systems you want to the Switch folder you created. Vbanext is Game Boy Advance, Fceumm is NES, pFBA/MAME are arcades, Gamebatte is Game Boy/Game Boy Color, 4do is 3do, Beetle_pce_fast is TurboGrafx, Supergrafx is TurboGrafx CD, SNES, Genesis... well... Be sure to put the necessary files in the 'system' folder inside retroarch. Retroarch/cores/system. It says what you put there. CD based systems need them.

SNES, NES, Game Boys, Genesis, Game Gear, Master System, probably some others, can be unzipped. Arcade games have to be zipped and named correctly. They should be if you find full sets. Also, adding the full set/s is NOT necessary. pFBA uses .42/.43, MAME uses .78.

Personally, I recommend having the different roms, for each system, in their own folders inside of the /Switch folder.

Also, NX-Shell for quick deletion of games/.sav you may want to delete, music playing and book/comic book reading.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-shell-multipurpose-file-manager-for-nintendo-switch.505332/

Reactions: shchmue

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you haven't figured it out, try this. I'm starting it like you've just downloaded the RetroNX bundle, so delete anything Retroarch related that you have on your card or just edit it, accordingly, since the Retroarch folder's going back on the root of your micro SD.

Unzip the RetroNX files you downloaded and you'll have Retroarch, Switch, and README.

Go into the solo Switch folder that unzipped and copy retroarch_switch.nro and put it in the switch folder you, already, created on your micro SD card for your other homebrews. Delete that Switch folder that came in the RetroNX zip when you're done.

Next, go into the retroarch folder, click on cores, copy/paste the Switch folder to your desktop/laptop then delete that Switch from the 'cores' section. Go through the list and copy/paste all the .nros of the systems you want to the Switch folder you created. Vbanext is Game Boy Advance, Fceumm is NES, pFBA/MAME are arcades, Gamebatte is Game Boy/Game Boy Color, 4do is 3do, Beetle_pce_fast is TurboGrafx, Supergrafx is TurboGrafx CD, SNES, Genesis... well... Be sure to put the necessary files in the 'system' folder inside retroarch. Retroarch/cores/system. It says what you put there. CD based systems need them.

SNES, NES, Game Boys, Genesis, Game Gear, Master System, probably some others, can be unzipped. Arcade games have to be zipped and named correctly. They should be if you find full sets. Also, adding the full set/s is NOT necessary. pFBA uses .42/.43, MAME uses .78.

Personally, I recommend having the different roms, for each system, in their own folders inside of the /Switch folder.

Also, NX-Shell for quick deletion of games/.sav you may want to delete, music playing and book/comic book reading.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-shell-multipurpose-file-manager-for-nintendo-switch.505332/

To Add: Be careful to not nuke savegames (if any). They are in the /retroarch folder

He just needs to load the core before

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Add: Be careful to not nuke savegames (if any). They are in the /retroarch folder

He just needs to load the core before

Emphasis on 'if any', lol. I doubt that user has any RetroArch saves after not being able to get it going, days ago.

Speaking of saves, yesterday I noticed that I need to choose the slot for the save state instead of rewriting to '0' over and over, lmao. Switch could use a notepad.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
For all the RetroNX cores I tried...

L3/R3 {push in thumbsticks}
Settings: video
Aspect ratio = custom, scroll down and turn interger scale off
[if you do all this and it's still not full screen, change aspect ration to 4:3 or whatever, back out to the settings menu, then go back into the video settings and change it to custom, always with integer off]

If you swap between cue and pbp, this will have to be done again.

Use the pSNES version of Snes9x.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/psnes-switch-snes9x-port.507847/
Thanks that’s what I went and did in the end I haven’t checked the thread out for a while I see it’s had some updates works well

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
what to ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

core provided froze on mame 2003 plus when loading archive

same with custom normal mame 2003 looks like it just tries to open it like a zip with no files ?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Awesome work. Thanks to the dever.

Just wanted to make a request. Could it be possible to compile 8bit computer cores and amiga :). We have a lot of consoles but no retro computers (Well MSX is available). It will be very nice.

Thanks in advance.
Fuse (ZX Spectrum) core works fine.
You’ll need to search for it in this thread someplace.
Vice (C64) core is also compiled and runs games if you can work through the garbled menu.
I long for an Amiga (P-UAE) core

Reactions: hexdump

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what to ?

core provided froze on mame 2003 plus when loading archive

same with custom normal mame 2003 looks like it just tries to open it like a zip with no files ?
Its usually *anything but core-provided*
Probably wrong romset

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so mame 2003 romset right ?
6cbed214-07d7-4b23-8edf-36bfc0e278fe.png

Reactions: kingraa777

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to have pcsx_rearmed not crash upon loading a game on 2.2.0 (error 2162-0002).
I have:
- Downloaded the AIO package, moved that to my SD and replaced the retroarch.cfg with pcsx_retroarch.cfg.
- Placed scph5500.bin, scph5501.bin and scph5502.bin (all md5 sums pass) into the bios directory
- Tried multiple games, with formats: .bin, .cue and .pbp (.cue were in the correct folder with bins named properly)
- SD formatted to Fat32

Anyone have any tips, or tales of success on 2.X.0 (or better yet, 2.2.0)?

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to have pcsx_rearmed not crash upon loading a game on 2.2.0 (error 2162-0002).
I have:
- Downloaded the AIO package, moved that to my SD and replaced the retroarch.cfg with pcsx_retroarch.cfg.
- Placed scph5500.bin, scph5501.bin and scph5502.bin (all md5 sums pass) into the bios directory
- Tried multiple games, with formats: .bin, .cue and .pbp (.cue were in the correct folder with bins and bins named properly)

ExFat?!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have:
- Tried multiple games, with formats: .bin, .cue and .pbp (.cue were in the correct folder with bins named properly)
- SD formatted to Fat32

2162-0002 is svcBreak, what games do you load? Which horizon version (2.x? correct?) ?
You're the first one to have this persistent Issue, you seem to do everything right.
Join up the discord and pm me (first post), just about to go to bed

Reactions: lordelan

Klift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have:
- SD formatted to Fat32

I had the exact same problem with pcsx_rearmed crashing upon loading any psx game with the error code 2168-0002.
I was on firmware 2.3.0 and then updated to 3.0.0 using ChoiDujourNX. Now works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, thank you, I never get to see those anti pirate things 😭 hmmm I'm a terrible pirate lol +1