ROM Hack [Development] Miitopia english translation and plugin for Kuriimu

PeterPaladin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, here is another update on the topic, although a bit late:

The plugin is part of Kuriimu for a few weeks now!

As far as I know, about 20% of the game is translated.
Cherry has been busy with college work and I have work on my own, but we are still working on this and making progress bit by bit : )
Unfortunately we have some hardware issues, which may delay the work on the project : (

Thanks for the interest, we will keep you posted!

Mitoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way I can help with the translation and how to apply it to a cia?

I really want to join the team and help out, CFW 3DS and I learn quick, and I am knowledge on how these things work, and some basic Japanese!

Last edited by Mitoki,

reshiramiri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an estimated time of when this will be available for download? even if the game isnt fully translated, id love to finally try this game out in a form i can understand

CherryPitAmygdalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The patch should be ready by the end of May. A downloadable patch will be released before June regardless of the translation progress. However, if it so happens that translation isn't 100% complete by then, it would be wise to either put off downloading the patch until it's more complete, or update regularly with each new revision.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there ever will be an official localization to the game. I'm not putting down fan work at all, in fact I prefer them over official these days whenever possible. I'm just wondering if this particular title was specifically only for Japan. It's odd we haven't heard anything by now if it was going to come over.

CherryPitAmygdalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if there ever will be an official localization to the game. I'm not putting down fan work at all, in fact I prefer them over official these days whenever possible. I'm just wondering if this particular title was specifically only for Japan. It's odd we haven't heard anything by now if it was going to come over.
Miitopia was pretty much dropped out of nowhere in Japan, after only a month since its announcement in early November. The same could probably happen when it's localized. Either way, people can choose whether to get an official release of the game with possible censorship and/or cut content, or get the Japanese game for their homebrew-enabled 3DS and install the fan patch. Heck, if I have the time I can even teach folks how to modify the text files on their own games so they can write their own scripts for the game, which would make a playthrough even more personalized.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miitopia was pretty much dropped out of nowhere in Japan, after only a month since its announcement in early November. The same could probably happen when it's localized. Either way, people can choose whether to get an official release of the game with possible censorship and/or cut content, or get the Japanese game for their homebrew-enabled 3DS and install the fan patch. Heck, if I have the time I can even teach folks how to modify the text files on their own games so they can write their own scripts for the game, which would make a playthrough even more personalized.
I just prefer my games to be as faithful as possible to the original release which is what fan translations aim to do. Getting personal with the work is what drives me away from official work, adding in what they think we will like rather than what it's supposed to be like.

I do understand the difficulties of translating Japanese and a 1:1 translation is impossible for interpretation. Some liberties must be taken but that's where the waters can get muddy when they decide to run away with it and go wild.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,
D

Deleted-410799

RIP ( skip to 5:05 in video )

This translation would probably come out earlier than the officially translated game itself ;)

Either way I'd just end up using this one, since it's bound to have content removed or changed because of localization

Reactions: I pwned U!

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps the official translation could help with the fan-made translation. If someone points out crazy stuff that's censored or token out then i'll use the fan-made. But until then, i'll use the official translation when it comes out.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Nicky P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way I could get my hands on the japanese version of the game without ordering it on amazon? Perhaps a cia?

Nicky P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind... I updated freeshop, but again it doesnt work. It doesnt show up. How did the creator of the project get it?
Whenever i search for it on Ciangel, it doesnt come up, and I cant update freeshop to get the latest stuff on the eshop at all. How to you update the freeshop? I forgot XD

Last edited by Nicky P,

Nicky P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Once I finally get my 3ds to download a copy of Miitopia (Hopefully this week), I will be swift to download the translation!

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got this game and I really like that it's getting a fan translation! Even though it's getting an NA release i'll probably end up preferring the fan translation more either way, so thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-