Destroy All Humans! 2 remake announced for PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC

capsule_616x353.jpg

THQ Nordic announced today that 2006's Destroy All Humans! 2 will be getting a remake, titled Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed. Developed by Black Forest Studios, the team behind last year's remake of the original Destroy All Humans!, Reprobed will reportedly be "rebuilt from scratch in Unreal Engine 4" and is expected to feature all the original skins for the main character, Crypto, from the first remake, as well as the ability to change the paint job on your flying saucer. The co-op from the original release of Destroy All Humans! 2 will also return, though as of right now only local split-screen co-op has been mentioned. There are currently no details on a release date, though THQ says it will be "coming soon."

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I understand leaving the Nintendo Switch out as the remake of the first one doesn't run so well on it anymore.

But it's a shame to have excluded the old-gen too (PS4 and XONE) even with the remake having been beautiful on these consoles.

Reactions: Xzi

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If it is anything like the first game remake then is just the same game with better graphics, sound and maybe voice acting.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I understand leaving the Nintendo Switch out as the remake of the first one doesn't run so well on it anymore.

But it's a shame to have excluded the old-gen too (PS4 and XONE) even with the remake having been beautiful on these consoles.
Yeah for brand new games I can understand leaving the old gen behind, but a UE4 remake of a game originally released in 2006 shouldn't have any performance issues on PS4/XB1. Oh well, PC wins the day for this one, especially given that the game should run fine on Steam Deck.

Reactions: Moon164 and CoolMe

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol Don't worry you guys will get crappy back ports for your cheap old gens after the game releases.
doubt it lol i dont see they backporting to old gen, specialy when the game is still a way out so im guessing they think by the time of release there will be alot more next gen stuff out there.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems odd to ditch so many players, when it's just a remake of a game from 2006. Oh well, I'm going to get it on PC anyway. Then again, I seen the new Saints Row, so I shouldn't be surprised about their questionable decisions.

Last edited by Viri,

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah for brand new games I can understand leaving the old gen behind, but a UE4 remake of a game originally released in 2006 shouldn't have any performance issues on PS4/XB1. Oh well, PC wins the day for this one, especially given that the game should run fine on Steam Deck.
Yeah, the remake of the first game looks amazing, I'm excited about the second one, it's just a pity it won't be released for the old-gen (PS4 and Xbox One) or Nintendo Switch as well.

I would understand if the game were something of another level that could never run on old-gen consoles, but it doesn't look all that different from the first game at all.

Lol Don't worry you guys will get crappy back ports for your cheap old gens after the game releases.
Actually, I don't doubt it does.

Many companies have backed off with ''next-gen exclusives'' simply because the next-gen exclusives aren't selling as much as they could (probably because of issues with out-of-stock, people can't find consoles to buy and a lot of people are not even in a position to buy at the moment ), even the Sony that everyone expected would abandon the PS4 right away backed down with the decision and promised games for the console until 2023 and as a result the new Horizon, GOW and Gran Turismo will be cross-gen, other games like Godfall that released as exclusive for the PS5 ended up getting a version for the PS4, so I don't doubt that the same will happen with Destroy All Humans 2.

The PS4 has 116 million units sold, the Xbox One probably has around 80 million, it's just too much installed base to ignore anytime soon.

Last edited by Moon164,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, the remake of the first game looks amazing, I'm excited about the second one, it's just a pity it won't be released for the old-gen (PS4 and Xbox One) or Nintendo Switch as well.

I would understand if the game were something of another level that could never run on old-gen consoles, but it doesn't look all that different from the first game at all.

Actually, I don't doubt it does.

Many companies have backed off with ''next-gen exclusives'' simply because the next-gen exclusives aren't selling as much as they could (probably because of issues with out-of-stock, people can't find consoles to buy and a lot of people are not even in a position to buy at the moment ), even the Sony that everyone expected would abandon the PS4 right away backed down with the decision and promised games for the console until 2023 and as a result the new Horizon, GOW and Gran Turismo will be cross-gen, other games like Godfall that released as exclusive for the PS5 ended up getting a version for the PS4, so I don't doubt that the same will happen with Destroy All Humans 2.

The PS4 has 116 million units sold, the Xbox One probably has around 80 million, it's just too much installed base to ignore anytime soon.
xbox one doesnt have 80 million lol xbox one sold 50.37 millions ...

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
THQ Nordic announced today that 2006's Destroy All Humans! 2 will be getting a remake, titled Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed. Developed by Black Forest Studios, the team behind last year's remake of the original Destroy All Humans!, Reprobed will reportedly be "rebuilt from scratch in Unreal Engine 4" and is expected to feature all the original skins for the main character, Crypto from the first remake, as well as the ability to change the paint job on your flying saucer. The co-op from the original release of Destroy All Humans! 2 will also return, though as of right now only local split-screen co-op has been mentioned. There are currently no details on a release date, though THQ says it will be "coming soon."

https://twitter.com/THQNordic/status/1438942581115678720

so odd that it won't come out for the ps4 nor the switch...kind of a blockage move man...and it sucks :/....sigh.

Reactions: Moon164

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over