Destiny 2 officially announced

C78JJWfU8AAOJbZ.jpg

After being leaked last week, Bungie has officially come out to reveal the sequel to 2014's Destiny. Besides a single image from the game's official Twitter, nothing else was shown off. Destiny 2 is slated for a 2017 release, according to Activision financial reports. Though it is only rumored at this time, the game will supposedly launch for PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox Scorpio, and PC.

:arrow: Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In what way did they handle the DLC differently to any other game?
Any normal game has the DLC packs available indefinitely instead of removing them from the store and bundling them together with the game so that returning users have to re-purchase the whole thing despite already owning it. All I wanted was to buy Rise of Iron and The Taken King, but Bungie apparently doesn't want my money. If they don't want it, they most certainly aren't going to get it. I already have the base game, The Dark Below and The House of Wolves, I'm not planning to pay for the same content twice, I don't have "Sucker" tattooed on my forehead. This isn't even about money, it's about the principle. They had a good upgrade program and they shut it down for no reason, so they're not getting my custom anymore.

Reactions: driverdis

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Any normal game has the DLC packs available indefinitely instead of removing them from the store and bundling them together with the game so that returning users have to re-purchase the whole thing despite already owning it. All I wanted was to buy Rise of Iron and The Taken King, but Bungie apparently doesn't want my money. If they don't want it, they most certainly aren't going to get it. I already have the base game, The Dark Below and The House of Wolves, I'm not planning to pay for the same content twice, I don't have "Sucker" tattooed on my forehead. This isn't even about money, it's about the principle. They had a good upgrade program and they shut I down for no reason, so they're not getting my custom anymore.
I0fhQls.png
I'm a bit confused here, are these not separate packs? Legit wondering, I was curious to see if it was still $60 and then I found those, both saying they require the Destiny base game so it's not "bundled" :unsure:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I0fhQls.png
I'm a bit confused here, are these not separate packs? Legit wondering, I was curious to see if it was still $60 and then I found those, both saying they require the Destiny base game so it's not "bundled" :unsure:
You'll notice that The Taken King now includes two packs I already have and the Rise of Iron package has no price because the upgrade programme is defunct. Neither package is available to me on the EU store, by the way.

EDIT: Apparently the packs are now available, but still include content I already paid for.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You'll notice that The Taken King now includes two packs I already have and the Rise of Iron package has no price because the upgrade programme is defunct. Neither package is available to me on the EU store, by the way.
The Rise of Iron page itself just claims you can't see the price because I don't own The Taken King, not because it's "defunct".

But yeah, that could just be a US thing, which would be dumb.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Rise of Iron page itself just claims you can't see the price because I don't own The Taken King, not because it's "defunct".

But yeah, that could just be a US thing, which would be dumb.
It shows up the same on my end now - it didn't back when I kicked up a fuss about it on Destiny's FB page. In other words, I'd have to buy The Taken King bundle and then upgrade to Rise of Iron, effectively paying for two packs I already own, and I'm not going to do that. It's better than buying the whole Collection package, but still not good enough. Here's a hint, Bungie - release DLC separately and if you need to bundle sh*t together, make it one bundle expanding over time. This is nonsense, I can pick up The Collection and avoid your shenanigans, but I won't on principle.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What in the hell is xbox scorpio
/googled it already the question is mostly rhetorical

Anywho good to see it coming to PC. I hope it wont be a linear piece of crap like the first. More MMOFPS plz.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I bought the first one on day one and it was a lot of fun but too easy to Max everything. Also if I had to fight that archon priest one more time I was going to kill myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true