Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluebowser31 said:
but kirby works amazing! it was going full speed no skips! (no bios)

Urm...which Kirby game? I tried Squeak Squad, and it barely runs. Even with the frameskip all the way up, it's pretty unplayable. Is there a setting i missed somewhere?

ZeoZan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow thanks Arikado
yaywii.gif

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OArikadoO said:
KiiWii: Yeah, I looked into it. It definitely seems doable as I could definitely mess with the video settings with the USB Gecko. It would take a fair bit of time I dont have to find the right registers to mess with though. You should pop in #usbgecko on EFNET. There are tons of guys in there who are much better than myself and are looking for a challenge.

Awesome, will do.

I was going to test this build of DeSmuME out today, but I've left my wii remotes and GC controllers at someone else's place... damn it!!
frown.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat! I test it with Legend of Zelda Spirit tracks and it was the same result as 0.9.4. The graphic was flash but if you speed up the fps then the graphic switch from top to bottom flash too.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
SoulSilver still won't load fast enough to play. WariWare Touched! on the other hand plays almost seamlessly except for minor graphic hiccups and slowed music during cut-scenes.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi
smile.gif

Thanks for the new version !

I'm trying few games now.
[title:Picross 3D]Same slowness with save game creation, and GeckoOS report this
QUOTE said:
ROM serial: PICROSS3D____C6PE10
Autodetecting with autodetect_size=4
PANIC! Couldn't pad up save size. Refusing to pad.
etc.But the save file is creating. I didn't wait until 100% though.

Exited Picross and run Desmume again :
Before seeing the "choose the device" screen I got
STACK DUMP:
813baa70 --> 8010538c (the cursor is stuck here on the gecko log). Maybe it was a bug on my side, it happens.
QUOTE said:
Avalon Code : Slowness with save game creation again.
No error output in gecko. just a slow sav creation. I'll try again later with a savegame from real hardware or emu on PC, to see how the game is working.

slow, needs frameskiping, and intro video is making bad sound.
Gecko output on title screen
QUOTE said:
Read below 0x8000 (0x1000) from: ARM9 02211FBC
Read below 0x8000 (0x1200) from: ARM9 02211FBC
Read below 0x8000 (0x1400) from: ARM9 02211FBC
Read below 0x8000 (0x1000) from: ARM9 02211FBC
Read below 0x8000 (0x1200) from: ARM9 02211FBC
Read below 0x8000 (0x1400) from: ARM9 02211FBCI don't know if it's of any interest for you.
QUOTE said:

White screen (on sram creation I suppose), or maybe checking for the DSi hardware)
It's only a quick test today, I'll wait more longer another day, or test with an already created sav.

Works great, good speed, but bad sound "pshh pshhh".
Some 3D textures colors are not correct. (I wish I could take screenshot with the gecko
tongue.gif
)
ROM serial: WITCH'S WISH_CJ7E9E
COMMAND7: Unhandled Backup Memory command: 01 FROM 03802938
COMMAND7: Unhandled Backup Memory command: F0 FROM 03802938
Autodetecting with autodetect_size=2

I didn't see any improvement for the moment (but don't take it bad, I didn't test a lot of games, and I started with problematic games !). Like you said, it's only 50% of the update.
I'll help you more again later. Let me know if you need a specific game testing.

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Tested a few games too.

- Phoenix Wright AA (the first one). Works as you said (full speed, didn't test it a lot, but the first intro worked fine).
- AAI: Miles Edgeworth. Slow, only tested intro but def. a lot slower than the first PW.
- Mario Kart DS. Freezes after the Nintendo logo (black screen and don't go further).
- Animal Crossing and Castlevania PoR. Ehmm, well I got white screens on load (both games). I waited a few minutes but they didn't go further.

Regardless, it's a very impressive work... but I just want to say something (probably already said, but anyway lol). You guys don't expect full speed with this emulator, as Desmume is very slow even on windows. I have a laptop with Athlon X2 @2.1GHz with an ATI HD3200 and I hardly get 60 fps on most 2D games and with a high FrameSkip (yep, i'm using v0.9.6), a few 2D ones work slower (30-60 FPS) like Castlevania PoR and Mario & Luigi 3. The problem comes with 3D games, I get from 15-40 FPS on most 3D games (like Zelda ST, Animal Crossing, with a few exceptions like SM64 DS), they are hardly playable and the music lags a lot. An emulator like No$GBA would be better suited for Wii, but of course that isn't open source. Shame desmume is the only open source option, so it will need a lot of optimizations.

But, like I said, that's what makes the project a very impressive piece of emulation, as a few games work full-speed. So keep going, you guys do a nice job.

Cheers.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have not checked this in a while... so how is the progress going? with this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's currently in an update state to include DeSmuMe (not Wii) v0.9.6 core into DeSmuMe Wii.
50% has been done in the latest revision, some games already runs faster (Phoenix wright)
The 50 other missing % which will come soon are : sound, video, mmu functionality
yaywii.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not bad... if i had more time i would test more games. is there like one of those list which tells you what works or not?

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess the zelda games don't work still......... pretty much the only reason I care about this emulator.

I wonder how the microphone emulation is going to work :S

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed, Only really interested in Zelda on this emulator. Phantom Hourglass gets up to the title screen and makes some really horrible noises and Spirit tracks just shows me a nintendo logo and hangs the whole Wii. Hopefully they get this working at some point. I'd love to play those two titles

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenz said:
I guess the zelda games don't work still......... pretty much the only reason I care about this emulator.

I wonder how the microphone emulation is going to work :S

Isn't there some way to patch the microphone to a button on the real DS? I remember someone talking about it once. Can't this be ported over? Speaking of which, If anyone has trouble with their mic, mine stopped working but it was an easy fix. The pin connector bent inside the DS. I used a small screwdrive and bent the tangs back out and it worked again. I guess it thought there was a mic plugged in even though there wasn't one.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I don't think any DS games implements real voice recognition anyway ?
It's basically just detecting between "no sound" and "some sound" so yes it can be handled just as "button not pressed" vs "button pressed" events. I am pretty sure DESmume (the PC version) already implements that anyway, it's probably just a matter of assigning the key for this.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nintendogs use voice recording/recognition.
And test your brain professor I don't remember the name (well, I should have play it more lol) to speak the colors you see.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brain age . . . in which case since it requires you (I think) to speak the color word into the mic, how would that be done on this emulator? . . .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before