Homebrew DeSmuME runtime requirements

xyzman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
For some reason, despite being a proud owner of DSTWO flash card, I want to try emulating Pokemon White2 on my PC using DeSmuME. While I was able to play both Black and White perfectly, clean ROM of White2 causes application crash in both official 0.9.8 and unofficial 0.9.9-2012-05-09 JIT version. I get this generic message:
Code:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\temp\dmm\desmume-0.9.9-JIT-x86-2012-05-09.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK 

The ROM I am using is clean according to ds-scene ROM tool. I tried both trimmed and untrimmed versions with no success.

I've tried to run this ROM on different, really old PC, and everything works fine, except being really slow even on frame skip set to 9. So the problem here seems to be with the particular computer, and, since the emulator depends on runtime libraries, most probably, the issue is caused by some conflicts in these libraries.

Therefore, I got some questions for all the emulation gurus out there:

1) What are the exact libraries that DeSmuME (both official and JIT versions) depends on? Preferrably I will need file names to compare between two systems?
2) Is there any way to enable max verbosity in desmume dev version? It would possibly help to know which library function causes the crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: