Dementium II - Semi-News Thread

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by .:Crimonite:., Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009
  1. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Member .:Crimonite:. GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    This is a semi-official thread for anything to do mainly with Dementium II, but also with Dementium: The Ward. I will update as often as possible straight from the renegadekid website. Please feel free to post udates i may have missed, or any other general chat. According to Gamespot, the release date is: February 2010 (US)

So basically, this thread is for images, info and anything else related to Dementium: The Ward, and its sequal, Dementium II.

Cheers,
    .:Crimonite:.

EDIT: Added the trailers for your enjoyment!

Dementium: The Ward

Dementium II

Dementium II (NEW TRAILER)

2. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    Wow that sounds like such a nice place. "MAXIMUM ELECTRIC SHOCK TREATMENT" Lol.

3. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I LOVE the trailer for the second one. *Hoping for a game scarier than Nanashi no Game*

4. Wintrale

Member Wintrale GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Loved the first one, so I can't wait for this one. My only complaint about the original was the puzzles, since they weren't very puzzley, but I guess that'll be sorted this time 'round.

5. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    Yeah, the first ones puzzles were pretty easy. And i feel kinda sorry for the girl at the end, how you cant see her but you can hear her cry. But i still want to know "WHY DID YOU DO IT?" lol.

6. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    Ok, just found some new info's =)

Heres a reveiw, NOT WRITTEN BY ME. This reveiw was posted by "Matt" on "vgblogger.com"

I guess SouthPeak had an E3 surprise up its sleeves after all! The publisher has announced today that a sequel to Renegade Kid’s DS first-person horror thriller, Dementium: The Ward is in the works and is scheduled for release in Q1 2010.

Dementium II will continue the storyline from the original and be even more gripping and immersive thanks to “better visuals, more haunting audio, and sharper scares than its predecessor.” The first Dementium was by no means perfect, but for me it’s one of those DS gems that hasn’t garnered as much appreciation as it deserves, and I’m thrilled to see Renegade Kid taking a stab at a sequel.

“We were extremely satisfied with what we accomplished with the original Dementium, but knew we could do even more given the chance to develop a sequel,” said Jools Watsham, Owner and Creative Director of Renegade Kid. “With Dementium II, we’re upping the ante in a major way. Be prepared to be too frightened to power on your Nintendo DS.”

“Regardless of what some say about ‘M’ rated games on Nintendo DS, the original Dementium proved there is an audience hungry for a top notch handheld horror title; we aim to feed this bloodthirsty crowd with Dementium II,” said Richard Iggo, VP of Marketing at SouthPeak. “Our aim isn’t for this title to be the best horror game on Nintendo DS; we want Dementium II to be regarded as one of the best horror titles in video games, on any platform.”

Also found some nice pics =)

Dementium II - Boxart (Nintendo DS)
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Soz, got the wrong picture for the Dementium II boxart. Has now been replaced by the actual, official boxart. Thankyou Nosferadrian for, erm, enlightening me to this fact.

EDIT: Decided i would get rid of the fake Wii boxart. Kinda pointless and slowing down Dial-Up users. If you really want to see it, just do a google images search of "official dementium 2 boxart", like i did. Its the first image there.

7. Wintrale

United Kingdom
    You mean there's a plot? O_O

8. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    Yeah there is a plot (eventually). Anyway I am suprised they are making a wii version...I hope I won't have to buy it to learn the ending though. (Considering it's titled THE ESCAPE)

9. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    Hmmmm, i just realised something. After being a little bit suspicious of the wii version, i noticed that if you look really closely at the 'nintendo' in the bottom right corner of the front cover, it actually says 'brettendo'. although i spose it does have the nintendo seal of quality on the back. also, why would dementium 2 have a different name on the wii, than it does on the DS version. And another thing, why would nintendo bring out a Dementium II, and not bring out a Dementium I? Too be honest, i think the wii version is just a VERY well done photoshop image. I might remove it if it turns out that it is, simply because its misleading to people who dont read this far down the page =)

EDIT: Ok, decided not to remove it, because it is a pretty good image. BUT i have put up a note above the image explaining that it is a fake.

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    lol of course the Wii game is fake, why would RK release boxart for a game they've not announced? They're one of those devs who like to tease first.

Anyway here is the REAL DS boxart for the sequel:

[​IMG]

Pretty damn good eh?

Nintendo have nothing to do with the game other then it being on their console.

Also in the past sequels have appeared on consoles without the previous game being on it and also publishers sometime get the rights to already existing franchises.

11. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    Well, RenegadeKid, you know what i mean. Just a slight slip of the.... fingers? And anyway, its very few games that have only had the sequal on the console, without ever having the original on the same console.

12. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    Ok, heres one of the first Dementium II screenshots, straight of the renegadekid website!

[​IMG]

13. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
  14. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    No kidding. There all scared of flooding the holiday market and instead they're gonna flood the early year market (?). Its gonna be the same shit except sales are lower becasue everyone blew they're money on the holidays. They're isn't enough gift cards floating around January and February to warrant flooding the market like that.

15. .:Crimonite:.
    OP

Australia
    WOOT, just found the press release for Dementium II on the RenegadeKid website. [​IMG] (It's very similar to the one just above, but i thought i might as well put it in.)

June 3, 2009 - SouthPeak Games announced today that it will be publishing Dementium II for Nintendo DS. A sequel to Renegade Kid's Dementium: The Ward, the next chapter in this horrific story promises to take players even closer to the precipice of madness than its predecessor when released in Q1 2010.

"We were extremely satisfied with what we accomplished with the original Dementium, but knew we could do even more given the chance to develop a sequel," said Jools Watsham, Owner and Creative Director of Renegade Kid. "With Dementium II, we're upping the ante in a major way. Be prepared to be too frightened to power on your Nintendo DS."

"Regardless of what some say about 'M' rated games on Nintendo DS, the original Dementium proved there is an audience hungry for a top notch handheld horror title; we aim to feed this bloodthirsty crowd with Dementium II," said Richard Iggo, VP of Marketing at SouthPeak. "Our aim isn't for this title to be the best horror game on Nintendo DS; we want Dementium II to be regarded as one of the best horror titles in video games, on any platform."

Continuing the storyline from the original, Dementium II will deliver better visuals, more haunting audio, and sharper scares than its predecessor. For more information visit www.southpeakgames.com. If you dare.

16. Yol Morefi

Newcomer Yol Morefi Advanced Member

France
  17. mAdvillainy

Newcomer mAdvillainy Member

United States
    im sorry im sick of games coming out with no wifi, the only way they will start putting it in is if we take a strong stand against it

im not touching this game, or anyting else that comes out without wifi......they can suck it! ........c.o.r.e.......

18. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    [​IMG]

Well, first of all, most WiFi games are populated by cheaters within the first week of their release, and secondly, how the heck would a game like Dementium benefit from WiFi? RK is making a survival-horror adventure, not a fragfest. Either way, a turd with WiFi is still a turd.

19. Wintrale

United Kingdom
    You do realise you're saying this on a forum filled with hackers and cheaters? Why else d'you think The Conduit's online has been completely ruined? Put an online game on a console that has already been hacked and you're screwed before the game even hits the shelves. People will have infinite health and ammo in no time.

20. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Looks awesome! Can't wait either! And that boxart looks just sick (in a good way, that is)!