Gaming Dementium II - Semi-News Thread

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is a semi-official thread for anything to do mainly with Dementium II, but also with Dementium: The Ward. I will update as often as possible straight from the renegadekid website. Please feel free to post udates i may have missed, or any other general chat. According to Gamespot, the release date is: February 2010 (US)

So basically, this thread is for images, info and anything else related to Dementium: The Ward, and its sequal, Dementium II.

Cheers,
.:Crimonite:.

EDIT: Added the trailers for your enjoyment!

Dementium: The Ward

Dementium II

Dementium II (NEW TRAILER)

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Loved the first one, so I can't wait for this one. My only complaint about the original was the puzzles, since they weren't very puzzley, but I guess that'll be sorted this time 'round.

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wintrale said:
Loved the first one, so I can't wait for this one. My only complaint about the original was the puzzles, since they weren't very puzzley, but I guess that'll be sorted this time 'round.

Yeah, the first ones puzzles were pretty easy. And i feel kinda sorry for the girl at the end, how you cant see her but you can hear her cry. But i still want to know "WHY DID YOU DO IT?" lol.

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, just found some new info's =)

Heres a reveiw, NOT WRITTEN BY ME. This reveiw was posted by "Matt" on "vgblogger.com"

I guess SouthPeak had an E3 surprise up its sleeves after all! The publisher has announced today that a sequel to Renegade Kid’s DS first-person horror thriller, Dementium: The Ward is in the works and is scheduled for release in Q1 2010.

Dementium II will continue the storyline from the original and be even more gripping and immersive thanks to “better visuals, more haunting audio, and sharper scares than its predecessor.” The first Dementium was by no means perfect, but for me it’s one of those DS gems that hasn’t garnered as much appreciation as it deserves, and I’m thrilled to see Renegade Kid taking a stab at a sequel.

“We were extremely satisfied with what we accomplished with the original Dementium, but knew we could do even more given the chance to develop a sequel,” said Jools Watsham, Owner and Creative Director of Renegade Kid. “With Dementium II, we’re upping the ante in a major way. Be prepared to be too frightened to power on your Nintendo DS.”

“Regardless of what some say about ‘M’ rated games on Nintendo DS, the original Dementium proved there is an audience hungry for a top notch handheld horror title; we aim to feed this bloodthirsty crowd with Dementium II,” said Richard Iggo, VP of Marketing at SouthPeak. “Our aim isn’t for this title to be the best horror game on Nintendo DS; we want Dementium II to be regarded as one of the best horror titles in video games, on any platform.”

Also found some nice pics =)

Dementium II - Boxart (Nintendo DS)
facepalm.jpg

EDIT: Soz, got the wrong picture for the Dementium II boxart. Has now been replaced by the actual, official boxart. Thankyou Nosferadrian for, erm, enlightening me to this fact.

EDIT: Decided i would get rid of the fake Wii boxart. Kinda pointless and slowing down Dial-Up users. If you really want to see it, just do a google images search of "official dementium 2 boxart", like i did. Its the first image there.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
.:Crimonite:. said:
Yeah, the first ones puzzles were pretty easy. And i feel kinda sorry for the girl at the end, how you cant see her but you can hear her cry. But i still want to know "WHY DID YOU DO IT?" lol.

You mean there's a plot? O_O

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:

You mean there's a plot? O_O

Yeah there is a plot (eventually). Anyway I am suprised they are making a wii version...I hope I won't have to buy it to learn the ending though. (Considering it's titled THE ESCAPE)

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmmmm, i just realised something. After being a little bit suspicious of the wii version, i noticed that if you look really closely at the 'nintendo' in the bottom right corner of the front cover, it actually says 'brettendo'. although i spose it does have the nintendo seal of quality on the back. also, why would dementium 2 have a different name on the wii, than it does on the DS version. And another thing, why would nintendo bring out a Dementium II, and not bring out a Dementium I? Too be honest, i think the wii version is just a VERY well done photoshop image. I might remove it if it turns out that it is, simply because its misleading to people who dont read this far down the page =)

EDIT: Ok, decided not to remove it, because it is a pretty good image. BUT i have put up a note above the image explaining that it is a fake.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol of course the Wii game is fake, why would RK release boxart for a game they've not announced? They're one of those devs who like to tease first.

Anyway here is the REAL DS boxart for the sequel:

thumb_facepalm.jpg

Pretty damn good eh?

why would nintendo bring out a Dementium II, and not bring out a Dementium I?
Nintendo have nothing to do with the game other then it being on their console.

Also in the past sequels have appeared on consoles without the previous game being on it and also publishers sometime get the rights to already existing franchises.

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nosferadrian said:
lol of course the Wii game is fake, why would RK release boxart for a game they've not announced? They're one of those devs who like to tease first.

Anyway here is the REAL DS boxart for the sequel:

Pretty damn good eh?

why would nintendo bring out a Dementium II, and not bring out a Dementium I?
Nintendo have nothing to do with the game other then it being on their console.

Also in the past sequels have appeared on consoles without the previous game being on it and also publishers sometime get the rights to already existing franchises.

Well, RenegadeKid, you know what i mean. Just a slight slip of the.... fingers? And anyway, its very few games that have only had the sequal on the console, without ever having the original on the same console.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nosferadrian said:
http://www.destructoid.com/dementium-ii-co...er-143626.phtml

Looks like a lot of games are coming out early 2010 instead of late 2009.
No kidding. There all scared of flooding the holiday market and instead they're gonna flood the early year market (?). Its gonna be the same shit except sales are lower becasue everyone blew they're money on the holidays. They're isn't enough gift cards floating around January and February to warrant flooding the market like that.

FISHY_au

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WOOT, just found the press release for Dementium II on the RenegadeKid website.
biggrin.gif
(It's very similar to the one just above, but i thought i might as well put it in.)

June 3, 2009 - SouthPeak Games announced today that it will be publishing Dementium II for Nintendo DS. A sequel to Renegade Kid's Dementium: The Ward, the next chapter in this horrific story promises to take players even closer to the precipice of madness than its predecessor when released in Q1 2010.

"We were extremely satisfied with what we accomplished with the original Dementium, but knew we could do even more given the chance to develop a sequel," said Jools Watsham, Owner and Creative Director of Renegade Kid. "With Dementium II, we're upping the ante in a major way. Be prepared to be too frightened to power on your Nintendo DS."

"Regardless of what some say about 'M' rated games on Nintendo DS, the original Dementium proved there is an audience hungry for a top notch handheld horror title; we aim to feed this bloodthirsty crowd with Dementium II," said Richard Iggo, VP of Marketing at SouthPeak. "Our aim isn't for this title to be the best horror game on Nintendo DS; we want Dementium II to be regarded as one of the best horror titles in video games, on any platform."

Continuing the storyline from the original, Dementium II will deliver better visuals, more haunting audio, and sharper scares than its predecessor. For more information visit www.southpeakgames.com. If you dare.

mAdvillainy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry im sick of games coming out with no wifi, the only way they will start putting it in is if we take a strong stand against it

im not touching this game, or anyting else that comes out without wifi......they can suck it! ........c.o.r.e.......

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mAdvillainy said:
im sorry im sick of games coming out with no wifi, the only way they will start putting it in is if we take a strong stand against it

im not touching this game, or anyting else that comes out without wifi......they can suck it! ........c.o.r.e.......

rofl2.gif

Well, first of all, most WiFi games are populated by cheaters within the first week of their release, and secondly, how the heck would a game like Dementium benefit from WiFi? RK is making a survival-horror adventure, not a fragfest. Either way, a turd with WiFi is still a turd.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
mAdvillainy said:

You do realise you're saying this on a forum filled with hackers and cheaters? Why else d'you think The Conduit's online has been completely ruined? Put an online game on a console that has already been hacked and you're screwed before the game even hits the shelves. People will have infinite health and ammo in no time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...