Hacking Delete game update complete after firmware patch

emuman100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Turok (on SD) on 6.2.0 with ReiNX. As expected, it worked fine. So I decided to install the 2.0.3 update, but that requires firmware 7.0.0. Using NSC builder, I reencrypted the update for 6.2.0. (when installing, it complains the ticket is missing, perhaps this could be related to the issue?) After installing, when I go to start the game, I get an error (general error, no information) and go back to the menu. I figured the 2.0.3 update for Turok will not work on 6.2.0. Is this true?

So I delete Turok in the system menu and reinstall the base game. No matter what I do, it will not let me start the game without updating. How do I get around this? perhaps use devmenu?

Thanks!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Turok (on SD) on 6.2.0 with ReiNX. As expected, it worked fine. So I decided to install the 2.0.3 update, but that requires firmware 7.0.0. Using NSC builder, I reencrypted the update for 6.2.0. (when installing, it complains the ticket is missing, perhaps this could be related to the issue?) After installing, when I go to start the game, I get an error (general error, no information) and go back to the menu. I figured the 2.0.3 update for Turok will not work on 6.2.0. Is this true?

So I delete Turok in the system menu and reinstall the base game. No matter what I do, it will not let me start the game without updating. How do I get around this? perhaps use devmenu?

Thanks!
You can use DevMenuApp, yes. See here: #1

Alternatively it sounds like when you rebuilt the update you missed the ticket. If you still have the extracted files, see if there's a TIK file and if so, you can install it with GoldLeaf.

emuman100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, it did not extract the ticket. Can I use something like hactool to extract it and install it manually? I'm not sure where it's stored. Perhaps that's the problem in the first place, but I don't know why NSC builder won't repack the ticket.

emuman100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that when NSC builder removes titlerights encryption, it removes the ticket. I don't think there is a way to turn it off and the way to get around it is to build a multi nsp with both the base and update, right?

emuman100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you still on 6.2.0? Just update with choidujour.
I don't want to.

So I was able to fix the update requirement by hitting the reset required version button and Turok loads like it did. This leads me to wonder, is there any other tool to reencrypt the nsp to 6.2.0 while preserving the ticket? I don't think there is a way to turn off that feature in NSC builder.

D

Deleted User

8.01 all games working and can downgrade whenever I want

Keep that in mind bud

emuman100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I figured out the issue. So, the Turok 2.0.3 update will not work on 6.2.0 even if reencrypted, whether or not the ticket is installed or not. Thank you for the suggestions guys! As for why I don't want to update, I just don't want want to. I'll update it when a game or game update forces me to, and I'll only use ReiNX, because I like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello