Delete emuNAND without formatting SD

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Billy Acuña, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Billy Acuña
    OP

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Any way to delete my emuNAND without formating my SD?
    I have 64 GB in games and I don't have enough space on my HD to backup my SD.

2. Hoppy

Hoppy GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Fluffy Island
    Why do you want to get rid of it?

3. Billy Acuña
    OP

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    ???

4. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    Not that I know of. You could back up your files to something like MEGA. I'm pretty sure they give 50GB of space for free. Or you could find a flash drive and back up things to there. Or you could just make space on your hard drive.

5. Billy Acuña
    OP

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    I fucking love your avatar!!!!

Boogieboo6 likes this.
  6. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    If you look at your sd card with a partition management tool (I use EaseUS), it should look something like this:

[=====|+++++++++++++]

Where = is labeled unallocated space (this is actually your Emunand but it doesn't know how to to read it so it calls it unallocated) and + is your normal filesystem that holds your regular 3DS files. What you can do is right click and do "resize partition". Drag the bar from the left edge of your main filesystem all the way to the left side so it takes up your whole SD card. Should look like this afterwards:

[+++++++++++++++++++]

With the unallocated space completely gone. This SHOULD remove your Emunand but keep all your other files and give you your SD card space back. I did this about a week ago when i wanted to delete mine just to test it (I did back up my SD though first just to be sure.) Do NOT hold me responsible if this messes something up! I am just telling you what worked for me. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Last edited by Ryft, Mar 19, 2016
    Billy Acuña and PixelBurst like this.
  7. PixelBurst

PixelBurst Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2016
    f
    This definitely works, done it with my 64GB Micro SD last night to remove EmuNAND.

Billy Acuña and Ryft like this.