Hacking Delete all mods on my Wii

oldwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
I've downloaded the syscheck from the thread you've mentioned but I can't figure out which IOS it is stuck on. It hasn't stopped while going over the IOS.

OK. I'm convinced. I want the safe way to make the wii look like it's not modded.

Thanks for all the answers. It helps me a lot.

https://ibb.co/GQTMcbr

Last edited by oldwii,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Update your sysCheck with the latest version from https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/ and follow the instructions there for posting a syscheck. It also tells you how to ignore a particular problem IOS.

This "special ModMii" screen you keep mentioning is probably from a custom system menu theme. In which case, it will be gone once you update the console. But don't update it yet, that should be the final step after you've removed everything else, to restore the stubbed IOSes that cIOS overwrites.

Building a new NAND is not necessary, but it is the only way to remove absolutely all traces of a previously hacked console. But an average end user can not spot those traces, they're only relevant for warranty, and all Wiis have been out of warranty for a long time now, so they really don't matter. It's much easier to simply delete any cIOSes, uninstall Priiloader, BootMii, uninstall any homebrew related channels and pirated VC/WiiWare and then updating the console. Building a new NAND is usually reserved for problem Wiis which exhibit strange issues that can't be fixed any other way.
I agree with all you said, but wanted to add that official updates can 003 brick poorly region changed wii's if they were originally Korean. It's rare, but worth at least taking a peak at the serial number first especially if the Wii was purchased used. If the console was region changed using modmii, official updates should be safe. And updating using modmii carries zero chance of 003 bricking

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

oldwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Since I've already created a stock nand using giantpunes ohneschwanzenegger I just installed it. Yesterday I forgot to press the EJECT button after checking the nand. ^_^
I've used the bannerbomb v1 hack to deinstall bootmii and then I updated the console.

My Wii is now a virigin again.

Thank you guys.

Reactions: XFlak and jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh