Hacking Delete A9LH without NAND dump?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, they're only encrypted with console-specific xorpads, but the decrypted contents should be the same across 3DS models (e.g. 2DS should match o3DS, and all N3DSes should match each other, but not necessarily o3DS).
Oh, okay. So would you need to encrypt them with the xorpads before restoring them then?

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've deleted emunand partition recently. So, if i don't have dumps of "old" nands (without a9lh) and i don't have emunand - it's completely hopeless?
Will i ever be able to delete a9lh? Not because it's bothering me, but because i may resell my 3ds someday to someone who only use legal stuff.

Plailect

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Old 3DS you could remove it just by flashing the firm partitions. ON NEW 3DS THIS WOULD RESULT IN A BRICK due to the secret sector not decrypting FIRM properly. You'd somehow have to inject the default secret sector, encrypted for your specific console, into NAND then overwrite firm (all in one go by modifying a NAND backup then restoring or you'd brick)

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
On Old 3DS you could remove it just by flashing the firm partitions. ON NEW 3DS THIS WOULD RESULT IN A BRICK due to the secret sector not decrypting FIRM properly. You'd somehow have to inject the default secret sector, encrypted for your specific console, into NAND then overwrite firm (all in one go by modifying a NAND backup then restoring or you'd brick)

so writing downgraded emunand into sysnand will not work for n3ds?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so writing downgraded emunand into sysnand will not work for n3ds?
First of all, why the sudden bump for a topic months old? This information is outdated.

You can perform a CTRTransfer on N3DS, but you need to unbrick the 2.1 Emunand before flashing it to sysnand... of course, not only does OTP Installer do this for you automatically now, but nowadays N3DS doesn't even need to downgrade to install A9LH: You can install A9LH using the "OTPless" method, which is covered in Plailect's guide.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
First of all, why the sudden bump for a topic months old? This information is outdated.

You can perform a CTRTransfer on N3DS, but you need to unbrick the 2.1 Emunand before flashing it to sysnand... of course, not only does OTP Installer do this for you automatically now, but nowadays N3DS doesn't even need to downgrade to install A9LH: You can install A9LH using the "OTPless" method, which is covered in Plailect's guide.

not sure what is your point here. this thread is about the removal of a9lh, I just want to confirm that downgraded emunand can be restored to sysnand

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removing A9LH. Can't OP just use a version of Luma3DS prior to the recovery mode protection, boot into recovery mode, and then update?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removing A9LH. Can't OP just use a version of Luma3DS prior to the recovery mode protection, boot into recovery mode, and then update?

Yep, on O3DS, it may brick but there is a chance it will work.
On N3DS, it will brick. (I think even entering recovery mode on older AuReiNAND builds will brick it)

Last edited by driverdis,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what is your point here. this thread is about the removal of a9lh, I just want to confirm that downgraded emunand can be restored to sysnand
Oh yes, that would work, assuming EmuNand doesn't have any hacks applied to it that would brick your 3DS (so make sure it's clean before doing that!)

In any case, SomeGamer is right: There is, in fact, an option within SafeA9LHInstaller that lets you uninstall A9LH from the firm partitions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.