Decrypting DLC Costumes to Dead or Alive: Dimensions

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by ღIsαBεℓℓαღ, Aug 2, 2016.

1. ღIsαBεℓℓαღ
    OP

ღIsαBεℓℓαღ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Finland
    So the problem is this:

I got Dead or Alive: Dimensions DLC Costumes from "that iso site", but don't know how to add them into the game. I've heard that you can decrypt them with SaveDataFiler into the game. ( But don't know how to do that either xD ) So the problem is I don't know what programs I need do that. My system version is latest 11.0 and I don't have any of those R4i cards or something. Only my old 3DS XL and 4GB SDHC card. Homebrew launcher and some stuff I already have in my SD card.

If you help me, I can make a custom 3DS theme for you

:3

2. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    I'm assuming the DLC is in CIA format. If you haven't got CFW then you can't install it. You'll need FBI CIA installer or BigBlueMenu. Seeing that you're on 11.0, you'll need to hardmod to downgrade to a respectable firmware such as 9.2 to install CFW.

3. ღIsαBεℓℓαღ
    OP

ღIsαBεℓℓαღ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Finland
    Actually it isn't in CIA format. I got it in this direction: filer/ExtData/20150415234016/0000038a/costume

(
    Inside 20150415234016 folder is few dat files )

Last edited by ღIsαBεℓℓαღ, Aug 2, 2016
  4. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Ah, that's Extra Data. Well SaveDataFiler is again CFW software. I'm not really sure if there's anything that can import Extra Data in homebrew. I heard that Extra Data is only for one console and cannot be shared unless you modify it. I'm not sure.

5. ღIsαBεℓℓαღ
    OP

ღIsαBεℓℓαღ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Finland

I see. unfortunately I don't know anything about hardmod and for now there can't be another way to do it. Is it hard to do?

6. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Well if you have the necessary tools and have good soldering skills, then yes. If you're inexperienced then it's better to either get someone else to do it or buy a 3DS that's downgradable. You need to be on 10.7 or below.

ღIsαBεℓℓαღ likes this.
  7. ღIsαBεℓℓαღ
    OP

ღIsαBεℓℓαღ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Finland
    Okay. Did you hardmod your 3DS yourself?

8. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    No, Mine was on 6.3. I updated to 9.2 and installed CFW from there.

9. ღIsαBεℓℓαღ
    OP

ღIsαBεℓℓαღ Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    Finland
    Okay.