1. Subtle Demise

United States
    To be fair, all the reviews keep saying it's a game about walking and being alone, only worth playing for the story, but after playing it only now 6-7 hours, I can already see it's much much deeper than that mechanically. And the walking isn't even that tough. I just hold down both mouse buttons about half or more of my journey and the only things that have hurt me was rolling down a hill and getting swept away by a deep river and I managed to pick up my packages in a shallow stream after that so it wasn't so bad. People are just going into it like a traditional game, like they did for the Metal Gear games, going in guns blazing and wondering why the enemies annihilate them.

afeufeufeu and Lazyboss like this.
  2. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    THE GAMEPLAY is far away compared to MGS, i think the fans should clear their eyes and see not ALL Kojima shit are masterpieces.

3. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Arab Emirates
    Later on with more tools you won't hold anything to balance yourself that much, it will become more about building, connecting, sneaking, fighting etc.
    Making deliveries may sound silly at first but it will become more addictive and you will find yourself cannot stop doing it lol, the gameplay is so much fun.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Big Sneeze#9629

Australia
    About 14 hours into the game and absolutely loving it. The Half-Life content is a nice little bonus too.

afeufeufeu and Prans like this.
  5. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Big Sneeze#9629

Australia
    I take back what I said.. I was driving along a dirt road on my bike and got launched like 20 meters into the air, my cargo was never the same after that

gameboy likes this.
  6. Torina

Torina GBAtemp Regular

France
    Would it run on WinMax ?

I would really like to give it a try but I can't stand Léa Seydoux, I mean, seriuously...Sigh...:angry:

As for Del Toro, I used to like his work a lot, but dang, I should never have dug it too much...
    Well in his case, I can give a pass thanks to his talent.

7. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    Walking Simulator.

8. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Arab Emirates
    Someone is using internet explorer.

GuyInDogSuit likes this.
  9. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    Onion browser here :)

10. nashismo

nashismo GBAtemp Fan

Chile
    If the story wasn't so INCREDIBLY and SUSPICIOUSLY related the the Covid19 HOAX, then I would give this a try. This game is yet simply another brick among the many bricks of strange coincidences that could prove the virus thing was 100% planned. Which to me, does not bring me a feeling of amusement or pleasure whatsoever.

Kevin Spacey is not in this game right? If he was, maybe that would make the game interesting, considering he also was aware of this whole charade by christmas 2019 when he made the killing them softly video. Now that would make a weird scary game, Kojima and Spacey together...

11. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    That's interesting, I thought they would maintain the ps buttons as the only layout available.

Last edited by PROTOBOY, Jul 30, 2020
  12. afeufeufeu

afeufeufeu Member
    Newcomer

France
    I finished the game yesterday on PC, best game experience in years. I'll be waiting for you on the beach.

GuyInDogSuit, TheCasualties and Prans like this.
  13. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Decided to pick this game up on GreenManGaming sometime last week and I've been completely hooked! 35 hours so far! If anyone is on the fence about this game, I wholly recommend it!

I'm usually not one to enjoy long winded cutscenes, but the story has gripped me in a way no other game has in a looong time. I'm more of a "gameplay over story" gamer, but this game has a good dose of both.

The music (what little there is) is amazing, there is much more gameplay than I expected (way more than a simple walking sim), and the cargo-distribution management has been fun.

Getting a bunch of orders ready and planning a route to make deliveries has never been so much fun!

I really like the underlying messages in this game too. It's a good reminder of how we are all interconnected, and shouldn't shut out the outside world.

Reached Episode 5 last night and holy hell, the twists in this game are fantastic. I'm actually enjoying reading the 'mail' and 'interviews' you receive in-game too.

So, thanks again Prans! I probably would have waited for a denuvo crack if not for this post. I'm so glad I bought it, the online aspects are very unique and well used. I get a smile every time I receive likes from other players, or when I see "Another player has used a road you built".

Didn't mean to make a post this long.. but I had to gush about this game somewhere! :wub:

PS: My laptop handles the game pretty well, 45-60fps at all times (see my sig for specs). No stuttering so I'm fine with the less than 60fps parts. Might be able to achieve solid 60 if I drop the resolution but I see no need.

PPS: They even have options to lock input button symbols, meaning you can use the Steam controller's pad as a mouse and it won't flicker between controller and keyboard symbols! Very few games even consider this. Quite impressed.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Aug 14, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - impression, Stranding, version