'Death Stranding' PC version gets release date and 'Half-Life' crossover content announced

Death-Stranding-logo.jpg

Hideo Kojima's debut title since splitting from Konami, the post-apocalyptic delivery simulator Death Stranding, was announced for PCs back in October. This version, which will be published by 505 Games, just got its release date confirmed via a tweet from the game's director:

PC gamers will be able to play the game on June 2nd, along with PC-exclusive features such as a photo mode, support for high frame rate and ultrawide monitors. The announcement also came with a little surprise in the form of Half-Life crossover content.

YouTube trailer in case you don't like Twitter

Purchase of the game at launch will reward players with a digital art book, the original music score, and some in-game cosmetics. Pre-purchases will receive those and some more in-game items detailed in the link below.

Death Stranding will be available for purchase on June 2nd on Steam and Epic Games Store at $59.99.

:arrow:Official Death Stranding PC website

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I hate when games lose exlusivity like that.
I never hate a game loosing exclusivity, the more the merrier, I hate it more when a game that could easily be released on all consoles is arbitrarily kept as a console exclusive because of some pay-off from MS/Sony/Nintendo, although Nintendo don't tend to pay for exclusivity like the other 2, its fair enough if the game is developed or published by the manufacturer of the console, or if the developer is a small time indie dev and publishing across all platforms might be a bit costly, but I would much prefer all games be published everywhere instead of being used to force people to buy one console or another or having to have all consoles to be able to play all the games your interested in, I even don't mind if its 1 console exclusive + PC, I love the fact on PC I can still play that game I bought 13 years ago if I get the urge to without having to dig out an old console and all the cables for it or hope someone has bothered to make an emulator that runs decent enough to actually play the game

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I never hate a game loosing exclusivity, the more the merrier, I hate it more when a game that could easily be released on all consoles is arbitrarily kept as a console exclusive because of some pay-off from MS/Sony/Nintendo, although Nintendo don't tend to pay for exclusivity like the other 2, its fair enough if the game is developed or published by the manufacturer of the console, or if the developer is a small time indie dev and publishing across all platforms might be a bit costly, but I would much prefer all games be published everywhere instead of being used to force people to buy one console or another or having to have all consoles to be able to play all the games your interested in, I even don't mind if its 1 console exclusive + PC, I love the fact on PC I can still play that game I bought 13 years ago if I get the urge to without having to dig out an old console and all the cables for it or hope someone has bothered to make an emulator that runs decent enough to actually play the game

You know that most of older games don't run on win 10 right? For me it would be easier to find and connect old console than to have to deal with virtual machine.

Why on Earth? Do you have any idea what I'd give for a PC port of Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild?

Not gonna happen.
But honestly i think that one of reasons for drop in quality of today's games is less exlusive games and this weird mania for pc ports i mean playing on pc is super uncomfortable and expensive plus i like when games just work but i guess it depends on what you like.

Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why on Earth? Do you have any idea what I'd give for a PC port of Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild?

RPCS3 and Cemu. When the companies don't do it themselves, then there's the public. I'm so thankful for the existence of emulators.
Obviously, this is not ideal and best case scenario would be for the games to actually be ported but Persona 5 is already highly unlikely, not to mention BOTW...

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I love it when games lose exclusivity like this. I'm one of those guys that think Kojima is an overhyped individual
I can definitely get behind that.
me too. i recognize and respect kojima importance to the game industry, novation etc... but i think people hype him too much.

anyway, exclusivity third-party games sucks a lot! im not hyped for this game, far from it. but i liked the news!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse