Hacking Dear SKY3DS owners....

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Had mine a few weeks now, really no complaints. I wish there had been even some instructions with the cartridge, but a quick trip to the Sky3DS page and I had a nice user manual to follow. Took a few minutes to figure out, but once I did, no issues. I only put on 5 games at a time, too much of a pain to scroll through more than that. I don't play online, so no issues there. I do have my Gateway which will almost for sure come out of retirement once they get it working with the N3DS, but overall, I'm a happy Sky user.

I agree on you for putting about 5 games at a time. It can be a real pain scrolling through too many games on the Sky. And also, how many games can you really play at a time? We just have to learn to do a bit of housekeeping when using the Sky3ds. Even though the Sky3ds has increased their limit now to 31 games. I think around 10 games max is still the sweet spot for you to toggle through.

NightStorm1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I cant start MH4U on my Red Button Sky3DS.
The Game starts. Screen Stays Black and after a few Seconds the 3DS restarts.

Tried 17 Diffrent MicroSD Cards. No Change. Even Tried a USA Version with RegionThree. Nothing.
Support from Sky3DS only gives "We dont Care" Answers like "Change MicroSD Card" but I already told them Multiple Times that i already did that. I realy regret getting the Sky3Ds. Should not have Updated to 9.4 and sould have got a Gateway -.-

sonic0967

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant start MH4U on my Red Button Sky3DS.
The Game starts. Screen Stays Black and after a few Seconds the 3DS restarts.

Tried 17 Diffrent MicroSD Cards. No Change. Even Tried a USA Version with RegionThree. Nothing.
Support from Sky3DS only gives "We dont Care" Answers like "Change MicroSD Card" but I already told them Multiple Times that i already did that. I realy regret getting the Sky3Ds. Should not have Updated to 9.4 and sould have got a Gateway -.-

Do you have the latest template file? Do you know if they updated the template for MH4U yet? If not then it will not load as the header will be missing

mini_matesy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

My fiance and I both have the Blue Button Sky3DS.

I originally bought us Gateways but got impatient waiting with two N3DS XL's just sitting around from launch (I live in Australia) and bought two Sky3DS' in January.

The only limitation I have run into so far is the 31 game limit. (31 games only per micro SD and can be rewritten)

Between the two of us we have played and tested over 60 games (including new releases such as Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4).

I have only played a few games online so far (Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon X) and they both worked perfectly, but haven't tried again since the banning scare.

I am currently running 9.5 EU.

One very small issue I have run into is that when changing between roms repeatedly (ie. trying to skip through 7-8 roms) the light will occasionally keep flashing and not switch to a new Rom. When this has happened I just remove and re-enter the card and it loads straight up with the next rom.

I have had absolutely no issues with blue button, it feels very sturdy and springy (and it gets a lot of use as I am a big game swapper).

It has not once crashed or failed on me in a game and all of my save files are fine.

The team has been good on updating the template file, both Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter 4 were updated within a day of their release online.

I have honestly been surprised at how well it has worked given the initial negative press it received for the 10 game limit etc.

I hope this helps and feel free to let me know if you want any more info.

Migz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where is the cheapest place to get a sky3ds shipped to the uk? if its yeahgeek anyone have any coupons!! ;)

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My setup:

3DSXL FW 9.5.0-22U
Powersaves Pro 3DS
Sky3DS with brandless 32GB class10 SDHC micro card. (try not to get more than 32GB because of 31 game limit per SD card, but you can use multiple SD cards and switch in/out)

Software that will come in handy:

Sky3DS Diskwriter v1.06b5 + template0310.txt
EaseUS Partition Master v10+ (if your SD locks up, simply delete the partition and delete the MBR and start fresh)
Gateway ROM Patcher v1.1 (for private header IDs)
ROMTOOL v3.1 (for trimming ROMs and improving scroll speed on Sky3DS)
NO BAN NO SKY v2.1 (it kinda works, but not really, better off manually editing template)
Sky Army Knife v1.3 (awesome tool, still needs work)
Gateway Ultra 3.1 pack (so if you have 9.2 or below you can rip ROMS using launcher.dat)
Notepad.exe (for manually editing template)

OPTIMIZER in Diskwriter is nice, but it takes a while to make the backup. Wish there was more options. Like running ROM TOOL to trim without having to backup.

Backup/Restore of EEPROM savedata from Diskwriter works, but Card2 EEPROM=NO still needs help.

Verify is nice, but again, slows down writing time.

It'd be nice to have a menu option to individually make backups of all your game's savedata at once to make reformatting easier.

Making a master backup seems like a waste with OPTIMIZER. Most people already have the collection on disk and can just write the ROMS back in.

Sky Army Knife will be awesome when it starts to combine all these tools into one. Have real hopes for that one.

PokeInjection still works on my firmware, but I currently have no way of ROM dumping and header ripping.

So basically, free games I can't play online.

Otherwise, it's great! I have used it on multiple 3DS handhelds with different firmware, works perfectly.

Can play over network just fine.

Just no ONLINE because of Ban Hammer.

Pokemon OR/AS/X/Y does allow Powersaves to max out $$ etc., just no backing up savedata.

Fits in my 3DS and cartridge carrier.

Wish it was black like the DSTwo. And the sticker... uh... yeah. Transformers. Great. Make a logo, use it. This robot stuff is... yeah.

Oh, and it arrived in the mail all the way from Canada. *glares at GateWay retailers*

If you're trying to decide which to buy, Sky3DS or Gateway, get them both, save yourself the hassle. You need Sky3DS for N3DS to install GW anyhow, and then you can share ROM dumps and savedata with friends over Sky3DS. Don't waste your $$ on ZeldaOOT cart. You don't need it.

If you're under 9.2: Gateway. Over: Sky3DS. Simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1