Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LWares87, Mar 24, 2012.
Here is how to make a new NAND image using pune's ohneswanzenegger and an existing nand.bin (nand dump created by bootmii)
OK, here we go.
Once you have punes app up and running..
1. Click "Nand Dump" in the menu bar, and then "New Nand".
2. Click the big button that says "Existing Nand", and navigate to and select your NAND dump that you made using BootMii.
3. Click "OK" (the app might hang for a minute or 2 while it builds the blank NAND image for you)
4. In the first Text Box area in the upper left corner of the app, and type in "4.2e" and then click the button that says "Get it".
5. Wait for a bit for to download everything and install it to the NAND image.
6. Copy that NAND image to the root of your SD card and make sure it is named "nand.bin"
7. Run bootmii on your wii and go to the restor nand option.
8. Donate money to giantpune
9. Profit (hopefully).
The tutorials & FAQs forum is for posting pre-made guides and FAQs, not really to ask questions yourself. I've seen more people do that, I guess the name is a little confusing?
You can use the Private Messenger if you want to talk to someone directly btw.
Yeah, this topic was needed, but I wish it would have been something created by myself.
I may take the time to make a new thread in the tut section and add in videos and more details. If I get bored then I might do it tonight (if I run out of interesting forms of pornography to watch).
Ignore this post...
I will add the nand check step here when I have the time.
Can someone change the title of this thread to: "How to restore your Wii console to manufacture settings using BootMii & giantpune's ohneswanzenegger"
Add Subheading as: "You'll need a key.bin from your own console for this tutorial and a internet connection."
The thing is, you don't NEED to have a nand dump, but you do need the keys and you need to know which blocks are bad.
I've edited my previous post, based on what you've just said. Sorry about that...
Edit: if the serial number doesn't match the console, does it result in a brick?