Hacking Dead Wii, what could have broken?

shrimpkebab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a 4.2 softmodded wii with wiikey2. The wii is around 3 years old and around christmas i softmodded it, followed the guide on this forum.
So yesterday my Gf noticed the Wii was on when we where going to bed so she tried to turn it off, only it didnt work, so she turned on the TV and "some black screen was on with text" im guessing it may have been Multi-Mod Manager or trucha bug restorer. So our 2 year old may have turned on the App somehow, he likes to play with the wiimote.... She could not exit the app and the wii was unresponsive. So she pulled the plug to turn it off.
After this the wii is totally dead, its plugged in but nothing happens when we try to start it, power doesnt even come on. No lights, nothing.

Ive read about bricking wii's. But when the wii is bricked, doesnt usually the power come on and then an error message or black screen or something?
Is it possible to brick it so bad that it fried and power doesnt even work? Or could it have overheated and died a more "normal death".

i made a nand backup using bootmii and priiloader is installed, but im guessing since the power doesnt even come on, that wont help?
Sorry for my bad english.
Any reply would be helpful
smile.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unplug the wii from the wall and disconnect everything wii related from the tv and let it sit for a while(30 minutes should work) and then try pluggin it back in.

I've had it happen to my in laws wii and this fixed the problem.

EDIT: Also what apps did you have on the wii that your 2 year old could have messed with?

shrimpkebab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
icebrg5 said:
Unplug the wii from the wall and disconnect everything wii related from the tv and let it sit for a while(30 minutes should work) and then try pluggin it back in.

I've had it happen to my in laws wii and this fixed the problem.

EDIT: Also what apps did you have on the wii that your 2 year old could have messed with?
Thanks for quick reply. Ill try that!
The following apps where on it. I find it hard to believe that my 2year old managed to brick it, if so im almost impressed
tongue.gif
Hopefully letting it cool will help.
MPlayer CE
Usbloader GX
Homebrew Browser
Trucha Bug Restorer
Wadmanager
Multi-Mod Manager
WiiXplorer
Priiloader

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see if you can get into bootmii or priiloader. you hold reset for priiloader after you press power, you need the bootmii folder on the root of the sd card for bootmii. if you can get in, you got hope.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the only apps in that list that has some brick potential is wad manager and MMM

if u can access priiloader, double check the hacks u have enabled, sometimes they get jumbled after changing SM versions (and there are hacks that can 'force blackscreen at startup')

shrimpkebab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
icebrg5 said:

This worked
biggrin.gif
I disconnected everything and waited 1 hour and the wii started up again
smile.gif
Must have overheated.
Thanks for all the replys. Very helpful forum!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1