Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got an email from someone from DDI (not Stuart):

"Hello Hadrian, I heard about your disappointment with our Wii titles, we'd like to inform you that our best game yet is set to hit European shores on May 30th!

It is an Action Role Playing title, and one that we've spent a lot of time on. Its called Call of Heroes: Pompolic Wars, and we think that it'll change the core gamers view on our company. Expect to see a push in advertising close to the games release.

Yours
Natasha Richards"

They heard about me? And has Stuart been replaced by Natasha? I hope not I liked him.

Anyway I did a little bit of research and fount out that it was first published on the PC by Strategy First, some reviews were kinda harsh (averaging about 2/10)

IGN said this:
"avoid Call for Heroes as if your life depended on it. It’s enough to destroy your motivation to ever game again. If you see it on a retail shelf, scream like you’re on fire, berate the store manager for carrying the game, sprint out, drive home and immediately take a shower."

Looks like the best DDI game to date, but that won't be saying much.

For those who don't know about my correspondence with DDI see this thread.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I honestly thought it was for the DS watching that movie, thinking they did a pretty nice job on the grafics (though the sound is laggy). That was before reading your post noting that was either the PC version I was looking at or Wii/whatever.....

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scorpei said:
I honestly thought it was for the DS watching that movie, thinking they did a pretty nice job on the grafics (though the sound is laggy). That was before reading your post noting that was either the PC version I was looking at or Wii/whatever.....
That is a video of the Wii version. Might have been a bad video, seemed a bit choppy.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice of them to send you that..

Anyway, at least they are trying.. still, the video looks like a PSX game.. N64 at best
tongue.gif

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks horrible,but I will still rent it snd copy just to make sure.It's just that the graphics looks like something from the N64 or maybe the PS ,and the gameplay is horrible.I was hoping for something like OBLIVION on the Wii or something like it.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kais said:
Sorry for reviving a topic that was on the second page but has anyone tried the PC version.I downloaded it but It says some components are missing or some shitty problem.
Just wondering if it is worth it?
unsure.gif
I had a play with it...fuck awful, worse than Daikatana on the N64. Its just, dreadful!

Its really hard to play it too, its not difficulty its just the sheer badness of the gameplay itself.

Its really ugly too, I'm no graphics whore and I can pretty much put up with some stuff but this kinda harks back to the SEGA Saturn, only without any flare at all.

Also its an RPG right...so where is the dialogue? What the fuck is this game about? Where the hell are the NPC characters? So damn repetitive too, you just go around killing stuff & dying a little inside from the fact that these games still get made.

I really don't understand why DDI bought the rights to port this to the Wii, surely they could have paid the same amount for something good. I'm starting to think that Natasha sent me this email as some kind of joke, because I have played a several DDI games (only a couple on the Wii) and they are far better than this hunk of shit, yes BETTER! That is how bad it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.