Gaming Day-One DLC (Halo and Sunset Overdrive)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...

I preordered Sunset Overdrive from the Microsoft Store in order to get the "Day One Edition." Much to my dismay there were like 5 sets of perks from separate retailers, and I sure as heck did not want to buy five copies of the game.

I preordered Halo from GameStop to get the Boom Skull. And again, I was looking around and found a bunch of other exclusives too.

This royally pisses me off. But here's what I'm curious about.

Per this site, I see that the Bonded Skull DLC will be "exclusive until 12/12/2014"

Bonded-Pair-Skull-Description.png

So I am curious... are all the Skulls going to be released to buy after the 12th? If so, I won't fret over it, the preorders would just save you a couple bucks but otherwise nothing exclusive.

The Sunset Overdrive stuff, on the other hand, is going for huge bucks on eBay. I had one auction in my watch list which supposedly had all of the store exclusive compiled into one bundle, and the winning bid was somewhere around $80... more than the game itself cost!!

So... any insiders know if this stuff is truly exclusive or if there are plans to make it widespread (even if not free) in the future?

I've seen instances on the Xbox 360 where the store exclusives never did become public, even years later. Ugh.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the case of the original Halo Combat evolved Anniversary on Xbox 360 back in 2012, there was a gamestop preorder bonus for the Grunt Funeral Skull, which made all grunts explode upon death.

That skull never came out later for purchase or for free, and remained a preorder exclusive incentive, so I think it all just depends on the developer.
343 may very well release the other skulls later as some form of skull pack for the game, but I've never seen them do it before.

Sunset overdrive on the other hand, I can't imagine them releasing their content later. I'm pretty sure their pre-order bonus content will remain exclusive to those who preordered.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some never do become public, some do.

If you want every DLC, then I suggest you wait till there's a kernel exploit that allows the same things like the 360 ;]

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some never do become public, some do.

If you want every DLC, then I suggest you wait till there's a kernel exploit that allows the same things like the 360 ;]

That's not the same as owning it though... LOL

What's the point of pirating an outfit or a slight game modifier? Those are more novelty items that you can show off IMO. I guess I'll have to search around for people selling their codes...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sunset overdrive on the other hand, I can't imagine them releasing their content later. I'm pretty sure their pre-order bonus content will remain exclusive to those who preordered.

There are two verison of the season pass on the xbone market. One is the regular season pass and the other is a season pass plus all exclusive pack. It gives all the different stores' preorder DLCs. Same price but only available for a limited time. Most of sunset over drive's pre order dlc are just reskinned (recolored) items obtainable during normal course of play anyways.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two verison of the season pass on the xbone market. One is the regular season pass and the other is a season pass plus all exclusive pack. It gives all the different stores' preorder DLCs. Same price but only available for a limited time. Most of sunset over drive's pre order dlc are just reskinned (recolored) items obtainable during normal course of play anyways.

Hmm, I'll take a look at that then.

Yeah, I know they're just outfits and such, but I wasn't aware you could get those guns through normal play. What would be the point otherwise?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny