OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys!

I just came back from breakfast and boy do I feel good. Today was much easier because I could just relax instead of working on the new house. But my father wants me do go back there next week to help again. I decided I gave up enough days of fasting as it is, so I'm not going. I just hope he understands and leaves me alone.

On another(but related) topic, I just though about the end of Salat. Why do we say Asalamu Alaykum and to whom?

bsfmtl123

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
On another(but related) topic, I just though about the end of Salat. Why do we say Asalamu Alaykum and to whom?

By this way we pray for Allah's mercy(Rehmat) on the people who offer their prayers on the right and on the left side .......if i am not mistaken .....correct me if i am wrong?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bsfmtl123 said:
QUOTE said:

By this way we pray for Allah's mercy(Rehmat) on the people who offer their prayers on the right and on the left side .......if i am not mistaken .....correct me if i am wrong?

But why do that when we pray alone?

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Pyrmon said:
bsfmtl123 said:
QUOTE said:

well according to my dad, you're actually supposed to pray in a group, but now a days most people don't, so it's just tradition

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
Pyrmon said:
bsfmtl123 said:
QUOTE said:

well according to my dad, you're actually supposed to pray in a group, but now a days most people don't, so it's just tradition
I don't see how that could be viable. There are plenty of instances were someone wouldn't be able to do a group prayer. I.E. While traveling.
The other explanation I've seen is that one gives the salams to the two angels on your shoulders. But that still makes no sense at all because Salat is for remembrance of God only.

bsfmtl123

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

There is a possibility that this may not only be for the people offering prayers along us but also for those Muslims who offer their prayers far from us but still by this way we can ask Allah for Mercy on them.....by this way Every Muslim helps the other by praying for Allah's mercy.

QUOTESalat is for remembrance of God only

Does the Quran say that Salat is only for Allah?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bsfmtl123 said:
QUOTE said:

There is a possibility that this may not only be for the people offering prayers along us but also for those Muslims who offer their prayers far from us but still by this way we can ask Allah for Mercy on them.....by this way Every Muslim helps the other by praying for Allah's mercy.

QUOTESalat is for remembrance of God only

Does the Quran say that Salat is only for Allah?
Who else would it be for? We worship God alone, do we not? Salat is an act of worship, therefore, it is for God alone.
And look at these verses in the Qur'an:
"Say, Salat, my worship practices, my life and my death, are all devoted absolutely to God alone" 6:162

"As for those who believe and lead a righteous life, their Lord guides them by virtue of their belief. Rivers will flow beneath them in the garden of bliss. Their prayer therein is, "Be You Glorified our God" their greeting therein is, "Peace" and the conclusion of their prayer is, "Al-Hamdu l'Allah Rab Al-Alameen" (Praise be to God, Lord of the universe)" 10:9-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly