Ardend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I recently bought a supercard CF and a sandisk 4gb extreme III card. I have put many games on and all of them work as expected, except Dawn of Sorrow. From what i can tell, no one seems to have problems with this game, but when i start it, i get two white screens. Am I missing something? Im running the latest firmware and software from supercard.....

Thanks for any help you can give

Ardend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what i figured at first too, so i downloaded a new one and same thing. Ive tried patching the save to the CF and DS slot and same thing, ive tried with no options turned on, too.

The only thing i can think of is that perhaps something got broken with the latest supercard software or firmware? Anyone have a supercard CF with the lastest soft/firm ware and wanna try putting the game on theirs?

Not sure if this matters, but im running this on a DS lite....

Thanks again for the help!

Ardend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it! I patched with 2.42 and it works fine, so something is definitely messed up with the new software. Not sure how to point this out to those who make it, but it might be affecting other games too.

Thanks again for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't supercard limited to 2 GB memory? or have i been living in a cave for the last 4 months?

I think it's only the SD versions (at least the microsd), that is limited to 2GB, as it can only read FAT16, which is limited to 2GB. I'm not so sure, but the CF versions probably use FAT32 to access the more storage space.

VTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Funny, I have exactly the same problem here, using a rom that someone else with an M3 has no problem running. No options I check make any difference and I just get white screens. Running a Supercard SD with Max Media Launcher on a DS Lite (purple Pictochat crash screen bios). Have tried software v2.55C and v2.56 and I can't make it run.
Is this a Supercard problem?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
isn't supercard limited to 2 GB memory? or have i been living in a cave for the last 4 months?

I think it's only the SD versions (at least the microsd), that is limited to 2GB, as it can only read FAT16, which is limited to 2GB. I'm not so sure, but the CF versions probably use FAT32 to access the more storage space.

FAT16 is not limited to 2GB in space. How else do you think Windows 95 and lower computers have 5-10GB HDs back in the day? FAT16 does not support greater than 2GB of a single file, though.

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FAT16 is not limited to 2GB in space. How else do you think Windows 95 and lower computers have 5-10GB HDs back in the day? FAT16 does not support greater than 2GB of a single file, though.

FAT16 was indeed limited to 2GB Hard Drive partitions under windows/dos. Back in the day, if you had a HD larger than 2GB you had to break it up into multiple partitions. Certain non hard drive mass storage devices that support a larger than 512K sector size can support 4gig and larger patitions however. I think a 4GB CF or SD device can be formated as one FAT partition under XP though, see the following thread:

http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6412

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    touchscreen?????
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    is there any gba homebrew that would offer use for that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Touchscreen makes using system menu options for brightness and filter adjustments easier
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, who said anything about touchscreen?
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the video title is
    "We Now Have A Touch Screen And OLED Modded Game Boy Color"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On screen keys would be cool if the rubber ever fails
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I feel like at that point might as well go emulation lol
    One of those RG things
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some people just like using original hardware for the hobby point of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can easily buy replacement buttons but it's a good fall back
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    on screen keys would be cool but the gba screen is pretty tiny though :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather use emulation but it's cool regardless again the main point of the Touchscreen isn't just for buttons but for menu options
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    would be way better for menu options
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    although I have huge doubts anyone would be able to make homebrew that would give support for the touch screen
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    then again theres still people who develop games on systems as old as the nes for fun
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    (
    micromages is amazing btw)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I doubted 360 emulation would be possible
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    yet here we are seeing ps4 and even some (very experimental
    ) ps5 emulation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps5 emulation? Why
    I always thought Saturn emulation would straight up be impossible
    Just the atchiture is insanely complex
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's why it annoys me when people rant about things being impossible when it comes to software some things should just be focused on more than others
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    because they want to flex their insane developer skills ofc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We have ps5 exploits where's an article talking about ps5 emulation?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    if i wanted to play gb games on a touch screen device i would just use my phone
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: if i wanted to play gb games on a touch screen device i would just use my phone