Dawn of Sorrow not working on Supercard CF

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ardend, Aug 30, 2006.

Aug 30, 2006
  1. Ardend
    OP

Newcomer Ardend Advanced Member

United States
    Hello all,

I recently bought a supercard CF and a sandisk 4gb extreme III card. I have put many games on and all of them work as expected, except Dawn of Sorrow. From what i can tell, no one seems to have problems with this game, but when i start it, i get two white screens. Am I missing something? Im running the latest firmware and software from supercard.....

Thanks for any help you can give

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Most likely a bad rom.

3. Ardend
    OP

United States
    Thats what i figured at first too, so i downloaded a new one and same thing. Ive tried patching the save to the CF and DS slot and same thing, ive tried with no options turned on, too.

The only thing i can think of is that perhaps something got broken with the latest supercard software or firmware? Anyone have a supercard CF with the lastest soft/firm ware and wanna try putting the game on theirs?

Not sure if this matters, but im running this on a DS lite....

Thanks again for the help!

4. Jon eBegood

Newcomer Jon eBegood Advanced Member

Belgium
    Here are the good CRC for Castlevania so you could check if you got the good dump:

US: 135737F6

You could also try to patch the rom with an older version of the soft.

5. Ardend
    OP

United States
    That did it! I patched with 2.42 and it works fine, so something is definitely messed up with the new software. Not sure how to point this out to those who make it, but it might be affecting other games too.

Thanks again for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. madri1

Member madri1 GBAtemp Regular

France
    with 2.55C on supercard SD, all works fine, exept for the intro, a bit slow

7. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    isn't supercard limited to 2 GB memory? or have i been living in a cave for the last 4 months?

8. maduin

Member maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think it's only the SD versions (at least the microsd), that is limited to 2GB, as it can only read FAT16, which is limited to 2GB. I'm not so sure, but the CF versions probably use FAT32 to access the more storage space.

9. VTG

Newcomer VTG Member

United Kingdom
    Funny, I have exactly the same problem here, using a rom that someone else with an M3 has no problem running. No options I check make any difference and I just get white screens. Running a Supercard SD with Max Media Launcher on a DS Lite (purple Pictochat crash screen bios). Have tried software v2.55C and v2.56 and I can't make it run.
    Is this a Supercard problem?

10. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    FAT16 is not limited to 2GB in space. How else do you think Windows 95 and lower computers have 5-10GB HDs back in the day? FAT16 does not support greater than 2GB of a single file, though.

11. larvi

Member larvi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    FAT16 was indeed limited to 2GB Hard Drive partitions under windows/dos. Back in the day, if you had a HD larger than 2GB you had to break it up into multiple partitions. Certain non hard drive mass storage devices that support a larger than 512K sector size can support 4gig and larger patitions however. I think a 4GB CF or SD device can be formated as one FAT partition under XP though, see the following thread:

http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6412